Employers responsibility

My lorry is 18 yrs old ,Everything works as it should even the step lights work ,people ask me is it new with a private number on :laughing: ,then I put a 1 inch scratch on the bumper pulling out my drive :blush: ,so count me out conor of your owner driver post .

Heisenberrg:
Thanks all for taking the time to give a comment.
The answers range from ‘grow a pair’ to ‘don’t put up with it’…
The majority seem to say that it is unsafe,unfair and unprincipled to drive sub standard and probably illegal kit…that’s the advice I needed.

Reef gave the best answer ,just slide the seat base off disconnect those little pipes and pop it back on :smiley:

Refuse to take it out tell them it’s not road worthy in your opinion …you will get your answer …one way or the other depended on your priorities of coarse :unamused:Easy

Heisenberrg:
The majority seem to say that it is unsafe,unfair and unprincipled to drive sub standard and probably illegal kit…that’s the advice I needed.

Were you raised in an orphanage?

Heisenberrg:

If you personally feel that a vehicle is unsafe to drive, then don’t drive it. Whether or not it could pass an MOT test is neither here nor there. If an air-sprung driver’s seat is not operating as per the manufacturer’s specification then it isn’t safe to drive.

motorsport trucker:
Be careful if you take the air line off under the seat base it will come down quickly and can trap your hand or arm the seat is very difficult to lift up once its down.

On the seat slide the squab as far forward as it will go then using a flat screwdriver lift the lever up enough to clear the tab and siide the squab forwards the extra inch forwards and lift it off and there is the mech in all its glory, takes 5 seconds maximum.

Or using a torx driver just remove the door seal trim (3 screws) and pull the pipe from there, its funny soft pipe but as tough as buggery!

The damper itself is a 15 minute job start to finish to change and thats including a gossip, XF with adjustable damper takes longer

Dork Lard:

Heisenberrg:

Were you raised in an orphanage?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I once drove one of our wagons with the seat stuck at maximum height,to “help them out”…long story short…screwed my knee up,and ended up losing about £600 in wages in the ensuing weeks and months.
Needless to say,they didn’t “help me out” with my lost earnings :smiling_imp:
Lesson learnt,since then,if it ain’t right,it don’t get driven :wink: