Downtons

Thank you Yorkshire terrier & sparky 13…I rest my case… :wink: :smiley:

Stonehouse69:

Nozza:
All set to 52mph bar one it seems then.

went for an assessment recently. not set @ 52mph, more like 57.
but the company recommends that on motorways, that 52 is a must.

Read my earlier post the bit that said I work for a firm that downtons recently took over. and ALL bar a Cpl are set at 52mph . most fleets will have a few that do a little bit more due to the two yearly tacho callabration on a new truck usually coinsides with the point that the tyres will need replaicing hense once the tyres have been replaiced you get that extra little bit.

. most fleets will have a few that do a little bit more due to the two yearly tacho callabration on a new truck usually coinsides with the point that the tyres will need replaicing hense once the tyres have been replaiced you get that extra little bit.
[/quote]
FFS ever thought of becoming a politician, more hot air coming out of you than comes out of a bloody tea pot :unamused:

altitude:
. most fleets will have a few that do a little bit more due to the two yearly tacho callabration on a new truck usually coinsides with the point that the tyres will need replaicing hense once the tyres have been replaiced you get that extra little bit.

FFS ever thought of becoming a politician, more hot air coming out of you than comes out of a bloody tea pot :unamused:
[/quote]
never said they perfect or even good pal .The worn tyre bit b4 a callibration u will find many owner driver does (and did myself) . I work for what was C&H when was the last time one of those past you we are set at 52 and other downton truck pass us no quicker than any other firm . you seem to have a problem with downton was you sacked or wud they simply just not employ you. As for the op’s original question before it was hijacked by the spelling police and the broken limiter birks was answered by pm as he was after info on the depot I work at.

I don’t have a problem with Downtowns, and was never sacked by them, as I never wanted to or ever did work for them, I have a problem understanding how the hell they can race past trucks that are limited to 56, when they are limited to 52 :open_mouth: it sort of doesn’t add up :unamused:

altitude:
I don’t have a problem with Downtowns, and was never sacked by them, as I never wanted to or ever did work for them, I have a problem understanding how the hell they can race past trucks that are limited to 56, when they are limited to 52 :open_mouth: it sort of doesn’t add up :unamused:

In my experience, they are limited to 52 until someone attempts to overtake them. It must make up for being paid in Gloucestershire pounds…
:wink:

altitude:

have you actually read anything mate downtons are set at 56 they are asked to do 52 so some of the awkward gits may well speed up .the C&H trucks which are owned now by downtons are set to 52 ie the superspace dafs and gigaspace mercs apart from two lhd dafs which are at 56

the maoster:

chester:
You actully take pride being able to spell better than a truck driver!!!

You’d actually need to be a truck driver to ask that question, and as you’re so obviously a pre pubescent teenager with a vastly over inflated ego and sense of self importance, then yes I take pride in being able to spell better than you. I imagine that I can do most things in life better than you however, so any sense of pride I may feel is somewhat diminished by virtue of the fact you are irrelevant.

If Iam irrelevant then why do you want to single me out on a public forum and engage with me?
Stop being a grammer ■■■■ and maybe more folk may post on more this forum :neutral_face:

Why do you think you can do most things in life better than me?
Why do you think Iam not a truck driver?

chester1:

altitude:

have you actually read anything mate downtons are set at 56 they are asked to do 52 so some of the awkward gits may well speed up .the C&H trucks which are owned now by downtons are set to 52 ie the superspace dafs and gigaspace mercs apart from two lhd dafs which are at 56

I was doing 56 this morning on the M20 and a downtons went past me I’m guessing close to 60. Flat road no downhill.

Is it the Downton DAFS then that do 60 and the ex-C&H Actroses that are limited to 52? :confused:

Seany:

chester1:

altitude:

I was doing 56 this morning on the M20 and a downtons went past me I’m guessing close to 60. Flat road no downhill.

Your talking rubbish dude the microlise thing they have on the motors will pick that up and they will be hauled over the coals . I was recently pulled up for over speed down a hill on the m1 they even told me what time and what place and the co ordanance start and finish

chester1:

Seany:

chester1:

altitude:

Your talking rubbish dude the microlise thing they have on the motors will pick that up and they will be hauled over the coals . I was recently pulled up for over speed down a hill on the m1 they even told me what time and what place and the co ordanance start and finish

No I’m not. I was doing 56 as were quite a few of us in a line and the downton went past all of us. I am just stating a fact, I’ve no reason or need to be a liar which is what you are implying. It was an xf. 11 plate I think

Hey drivesso are there any downton drivers on here just I see them all over the county but never talked to any :smiley:

Altered my 1st post as it wasn’t received as intended.
I only know what I read and see, no actual experience though, personally I would do as much research as you can about a company unfortunately not everything you see, hear or read will be correct and how you find out which bits are right & wrong is beyond me.

If you are a professional driver which I’m sure you are otherwise you wouldn’t be asking sensible questions then ask yourself what kind of company you want to work for, and pursue a career with that company try to compromise as little as possible.

There are companies out there that once you have worked for them you’ll never get on with a decent company.

Good luck

I used to go into there yard at glouster to do a trailer change and I found everyone very helpfull,all there units even some old looking fm,s I think looked clean and tidy,tris again looked as good as 99% out there .
I see there units about now and I’m not sure where they look scruffy comes from as they look ok to me ,taking into account a lot are away all week so will get road muck on them.
As for speed ,well our green fleet pass me ( this was brought up at one of our meetings) a lot easier than any downtown motor does,so if downtowns are doing 60 ( I don’t believe it myself) then what are our green fleet doing :exclamation: :exclamation: .
And lastly there one of the few firms out there that you can guarantee a flash too say thanks or a flash too say come on in,says a lot about there drivers too me :exclamation: :exclamation:

Muckspreader:
I only know what I read and see, no actual experience though, personally I would need to be pretty desperate to look at Downtons all I ever see is negative press, they are on a red with VOSA, which means they either have vehicle issues, driver issues or both.
Their trucks don’t look tidy I’m not sure if they are old or just look that way naturally though with 100s of drivers there must be something ok about them or do they just employ all the left overs and that’s why they have so many accidents.

If you google truck on its side uk = 1 out of 3 Downtons
If you google trailer nose dive uk = 1 out of 3 Downtons
If you google trailer loses load uk = 1 out of 3 Downtons

If you are a professional driver which I’m sure you are otherwise you wouldn’t be asking sensible questions then ask yourself do I want to be tarnished with this brush ?

There are companies out there that once you have worked for them you’ll never get on with a decent company.

Good luck[/quote
I’m not sure what your reading then.Because they certainly are not on red with vosa.As for the maintenance everything is spot on.Can’t comment on individuals vehicles.But the majority of the trucks are not that old.Oh and I’m sure your a much better driver than me.After all I’m only a leftover so have to take what I can get.But you could do alot worse than drive for Downtons I’m sure They have alot of depots.And I can only vouch for the one I work out of.And it’s fine.

Dotty D:
Hey drivesso are there any downton drivers on here just I see them all over the county but never talked to any :smiley:

Well I’m one now.Was c&h previous to the takeover.

Won’t be on for a couple of days though.As of to Germany.Get a break from Vosa.lol

Muckspreader:

Good luck

Ah, this must be why I’m struggling to get a job with a decent company :frowning:

Although this post was pure fact I have removed it so as not to add fuel to the fire.