Don't all rush at once....!

CLASS 2 DRIVER
Vacancy from
Job No:LTS/18183
Wage £6.08 PER HOUR TO £6.33 AFTER PROBATION + ALLOWANCES!!!
Hours
38 HOURS PER WEEK, 5 DAYS OVER 7, BETWEEN 5.30AM-6PM

Duration
Permanent

Date posted
30 March 2012

Closing date
13 April 2012

Pension details
Pension available

Description

Previous experience of working with customers and driving is essential. This position will involve heavy lifting of boxes and cases. Applicants must have a valid Class 2 (LGV Class C) driving licence with no more than 3 points. Applicants must have excellent attention to detail and be flexible 14 hours CPC training is required, if job offered applicant will have to undertake 14 hours CPC training and meet the expense of this. Duties will include delivering orders to various places throughout the day, interacting with customers, will include role cages and parrot operation. This is a fast paced working environment. Will be required to drive Class 2 and transit vehicle. Allowances £2.83 age 18 for class 2, £0.40 per hour for transit vehicle. Call in to collect an application form from reception and then return completed application form to employer with a CV.

You’ll need to get some overtime to pay for the CPC! Unbelievable!

We should all apply and then when some of us get an interview date just send a reply in saying we just noticed how embarrassing the wages are.

Assuming the allowance for class 2 is an hourly one it doesn’t make the worst hourly rate in the world. Mind you, you would be ■■■■■■ at holiday time, and not sure about the paying for the cpc yourself either. They are being a bit picky with the no more than three points as well.

If that’s what they are paying the loader, how much does the driver get :laughing:

I’m intrigued about the parrot operation?

Whats a “Role” cage, one that sets an example to the other cages ?

I think prison inmates get more than that… .After all, they can afford to buy ■■■■ still! :frowning:

roughyed:
Whats a “Role” cage, one that sets an example to the other cages ?

Love it. Well spotted that man!

Blimey I was recently offered a job for a class 1 driver Wag n Drag which involved class 1 work only a couple of times a month, the rest was basically van driving, that was £9.28 for the van bits and £9.75 for the wag n drag.

Thats better than Stobbies offer for class 1 :open_mouth: , the only reason I didn’t take it is cos I got an offer on the same day for Samworth Brothers.

tooo farr away from my Home

Sorry, fingers are too fat.

Immigrant:

Too far away from a decent [zb] wage!

Edit to add: £4.27ph basic take-home, somebody’s having a laugh.

nickb67:

Immigrant:

Too far away from a decent [zb] wage!

Edit to add: £4.27ph basic take-home, somebody’s having a laugh.

£4.27 doesn’t meet the national minimum wage so it will have to be more than that.

Minimum wage is before tax not after.

Looks like a typical stoke haulier, I know I’ve worked for enough, you can bet it’ll be a hard thankless job involving loads of drops loads of handball.

bristolron:
Minimum wage is before tax not after.

before tax :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’m sure its just a genuine mistake and that some one just missed a 1 off it should probably read £16.08 :grimacing:

I dunno if any of you have noticed the same…I regularly deliver round Stoke, Stafford, Crewe etc & I’ve never seen as many class 2 training vehicles. Swynnerton test centre is rammed most days.

All these guys will be willing to take a low paid driving job just to get experience & hopefully move on to something better… employers know this & the rates crash!

That’s my theory anyway :wink: Although Stoke is notoriously low paid.

Melchett:
I dunno if any of you have noticed the same…I regularly deliver round Stoke, Stafford, Crewe etc & I’ve never seen as many class 2 training vehicles. Swynnerton test centre is rammed most days.

All these guys will be willing to take a low paid driving job just to get experience & hopefully move on to something better… employers know this & the rates crash!

That’s my theory anyway :wink: Although Stoke is notoriously low paid.

A couple of my mates are doing their class ones and have been told it will be a couple of months before they can get booked in.

This is about the 5th time this job has been posted in the last 8 months - I wonder why?!!