Don't all rush at once....!

starfighter:
A couple of my mates are doing their class ones and have been told it will be a couple of months before they can get booked in.

I can well believe it. I go past Swynnerton a couple of times a week & it’s always busy with L plated trucks parked on the road some days.

I don’t know how many tests they do a day (inc class 1 & coach) but if we say 6 class 2 per day with a 50% pass rate that’s 15 new drivers looking for work every week… of course these are figures plucked out of the air but you get my point. There isn’t the work available so it’s a case of “supply & demand”

That’s £9.16 ph when you’re driving the class 2

That’s more than I’m getting right now for class 1 :frowning:

claretmatt:
That’s £9.16 ph when you’re driving the class 2
That’s more than I’m getting right now for class 1 :frowning:

It doesn’t say what the allowances are for though? If they are automatically paid then why not advertise the job @ £9.16 ph?

Smells a bit fishy to me…like a bonus that you will never achieve!

New Aldi opening near me next month, banner outside says £8.23 an hour

keith:
Hope they get the monkey they deserve paying that ! supermarket work is paying more than driving, my local adli in droitwich is paying £9.70 per hour after training, more than the class 1 drivers get on days where i work, i may pop in for an application form soon. no c+e licence, dcpc, medical, digi card, 2 years experience needed.

That’s true i know a couple of lads at tesco that get paid more filling shelves makes me wonder.