Doh!

today when i was coming out of manchester i think i may have driven down a bus and taxi only lane by accident, it is the one that goes past the train station i think .

what am i likely to get? im guessing 3 points and 60 quid? is this about right.

in my defence there were no signs to warn you until you were right upon it and there was no way i was going to try and reverse a rigid around the centre manchester on a saturday at quarter past six at night. imagine the mayhem?

what will i get for it do you know?

Giblsa:
today when i was coming out of manchester i think i may have driven down a bus and taxi only lane by accident, it is the one that goes past the train station i think .

in my defence there were no signs to warn you until you were right upon it and there was no way i was going to try and reverse a rigid around the centre manchester on a saturday at quarter past six at night. imagine the mayhem?

10 years in Guantanamo :wink:

Giblsa:

Sounds about right to me although it might not be endorsable.

Giblsa:

pmsl how did you end up going out that way you should be ok a dnt think theres any cameras or anything :wink:

well there wasn’t when i nipped through there anyway :wink:

where did you end up parking up then ■■ oh and if your there tommorow i might be able to nip down for that coffee

did you get the tram to that bit of a football ground then :laughing:

ang on if you came out of there you must of been somewhere near victoria station because a seasoned pro would struggle to get anywhere near piccalili in that throw a 6 to start one way system :laughing: so i wouldn’t worry mate tbh

Compulsory bus driving job. Your a natural. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gonzothejaffa1:
pmsl how did you end up going out that way you should be ok a dnt think theres any cameras or anything :wink:

i followed the map in this morning and got there perfect, tom tom wasnt even switched on. i thought i would give the tomtom a bit of work and let that guide me out, what a pleb, i wont be doing that again! :blush: :blush:

gonzothejaffa1:
well there wasn’t when i nipped through there anyway :wink:

how do you know :wink: , there was a sign saying bus lane camera’s but i guess we will wait and see!

gonzothejaffa1:
where did you end up parking up then ■■ oh and if your there tommorow i might be able to nip down for that coffee

in the loading bay area of the arndale centre, boring as watching man city V Arsenal!

if your gonna pop down mate just send me a text or ring me and we’ll meet up, i aint doing any work tomorrow once i get there, i need my 9 off the clock so i can drive back down home tomorrow night.

gonzothejaffa1:
did you get the tram to that bit of a football ground then :laughing:

yeah i did, had a bit of trouble finding it cos i got off at pomona(sp) first :blush: then read your text again, got back on and 3 seconds later there it was at exchange quays!!! been to old trafford loads of times but never on the manc tram before! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

there was an aerial platform wagon outside doing the posters on the windows and the cheeky bleeder had his name plate in the window and either side of his name was a liverpool badge, im surprised he didnt get stoned to death! i got a picture of it but wont be able to put it up until tomorrow!

Andy smg:
Compulsory bus driving job. Your a natural. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it was a bus i was driving, an 18 tonne one with all the passengers named muller yogurt!

i wouldn’t worry to much if there is camera’s they are new and at worst you might get a fine i dnt think it’s endorsable

i used to nip through town quite a lot most of the time it was quicker than the ring road if you know your way around no good if your a tourist :laughing: can you remember the street name or failing that did you turn left or right out of the arndale ?

gonzothejaffa1:
i wouldn’t worry to much if there is camera’s they are new and at worst you might get a fine i dnt think it’s endorsable

i used to nip through town quite a lot most of the time it was quicker than the ring road if you know your way around no good if your a tourist :laughing: can you remember the street name or failing that did you turn left or right out of the arndale ?

directions i took were, out the arndale loading area turn left on to withy grove (i think), at junction turn right, through about 3 sets of lights (over tram lines and what looked like a busy bus station/stop left at lights following signs for m62, then as the road bends to the right (green sign for “ring road”, no road number) TT told me to turn left as if heading back to arndale then turn right and sort of turn back on yourself and go down the hill (is it past some theatres or playhouses or something) then turn left then right and into train station area/bus lane/ money trap! it brings you out at teh bottom of a hill and you turn right to get to m62/m61 and goes under some old steel bridges!

i think that is how it went anyway, i was too busy watching out for the kamakazee pedestrians. do those directions ring any bells or have i lost you as well! :laughing: :laughing:

pmsl it sound’s like it dropped you onto the end of chapel street (a6 ) via station approach at the back of the men arena ah well lesson learned there young man dnt trust ya sat nav tommorow aim for the ring road

you would of gone under a few bridges round a sweeping right hand bend (the cresent) then through sunny salford then down onto a dual carrigaeway type thing ■■■■ loads of lights then onto the 61 or 60 :wink:

getting out of town is a pain the arse but doable you’ll be heading south tommorow so just aim for the a5103 or moss side :wink: follow that through and you will end up on the m56

gonzothejaffa1:
pmsl it sound’s like it dropped you onto the end of chapel street (a6 ) via station approach at the back of the men arena ah well lesson learned there young man dnt trust ya sat nav tommorow aim for the ring road

i know that now. i guess i will just ■■■■ it and see where we end up tomorrow, i can just follow the signs for the m62 if all else fails tomorrow

gonzothejaffa1:
you would of gone under a few bridges round a sweeping right hand bend (the cresent) then through sunny salford then down onto a dual carrigaeway type thing [zb] loads of lights then onto the 61 or 60 :wink:

yes thats the way! turning left at a mcdonalds after passing some car places i think!

gonzothejaffa1:
getting out of town is a pain the arse but doable you’ll be heading south tommorow so just aim for the a5103 or moss side :wink: follow that through and you will end up on the m56

dont fancy moss side, i didnt bring my body armour or browning 9mm! but if its a good route, i’ll give it a go.

note to self…listen to the locals not the stupid cow in the tomtom!

lol moss side is nowhere near as bad as the papers and news channels make out and beside most of the looneys are locked up these days :laughing:

and besides you go down a dual cariageway so you not likely to get shot at :wink:

I did the same thing in sheffield, on a street then it says all traffic turn left, i slowed down looked up street and says ■■■■ that too narrow lol, so i carried on into buses only lane, come to some lights no left but i did to get out the situation i was in.

At the lights was cameras pointing right at my wagon ouch, will i get done for that? that was 2 weeks ago.

:stuck_out_tongue:

there were no signs to warn you until you were right upon it

there are legal requirements on signposting and, from what you say, it may be that you have a defence if not been signed up correctly.
If you go near there again - take a good look at the signage and make notes of what exactly is there and where.

ROG:

there were no signs to warn you until you were right upon it

there are legal requirements on signposting and, from what you say, it may be that you have a defence if not been signed up correctly.
If you go near there again - take a good look at the signage and make notes of what exactly is there and where.

i was going to do that if i end up going that way, with my camera on the dash, just to see if i was as thick as pig brown and smelly or if i was actually right. if i am right i will contest it anyway and see what happens.

Tell them you are a muslim and on your way to friday prayers.
They will say sorry for harrasing you then offer you a ten bedroom council house in hampshire.

Giblsa:
today when i was coming out of manchester i think i may have driven down a bus and taxi only lane by accident, it is the one that goes past the train station i think

I should know where the bus lanes are,but the only one I think you are refering to is on the A6. Depending on the time you had driven in the bus lane,usually you can drive in them between 1000HRS and 1600HRS.
Where on the map was the bus lane maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

just had a look on the map and i think it was todd street going down to victoria station approach. the station is on the right and as you go round the corner it goes into one lane with lights on it to control the two way traffic, then you turn right onto the A56.

ui dont really know if there is cameras or even if it was a bus lane, i just saw the sign as i entered it saying “bus lane cameras”

limeyphil:
Tell them you are a muslim and on your way to friday prayers.
They will say sorry for harrasing you then offer you a ten bedroom council house in hampshire.

Oooooooo Will they :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Don’t they have 14 days to send you a fine or whatever after a traffic violation?

Giblsa:
just had a look on the map and i think it was todd street going down to victoria station approach. the station is on the right and as you go round the corner it goes into one lane with lights on it to control the two way traffic, then you turn right onto the A56.

yep.I’m acquainted wih that area,heading towards Salford and then Prestwich.
So what time was it?

Giblsa:
ui dont really know if there is cameras or even if it was a bus lane, i just saw the sign as i entered it saying “bus lane cameras”

I’ll be surprised there will be a static camera there.The only time a camera is operated is a mobile type which is a Smart car and has a telescpoic camera coming out of the roof.