Delivery man tries to squeeze his lorry under a low bridge i

big boots:
i think in years to come trucks will come with a built in truck sat nav as standard and a lot of this bridge bashing will stop (when the technology becomes right).

anybody can make a big mistake but when you do it in an artic it’s times ten :frowning:

hope the drivers ok.

Doubt it very much, after all we’ve had bridge height maps for many years, and now alot of drivers have truck sat navs and its still happening. TBH, the more technology the more it will happen. Alot of drivers I know who have the truck navs follow them blindly.

Hitting a bridge isn’t a big mistake, its neglegence. Usually they are well signed in advance, and you should know your height.

Silver_Surfer:
He didn’t try to squeeze it under, he was going at a fair old lick by the looks of it.

Judging by the state of the trl that’s just what I was thinking mate.
regards dave.

Martin:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Well he’s 63 so just goes to show that as soon as you hit 60 that’s it, sorry but time to call it a day. To slow, can’t think properly, fatigued easier, physically deteriorating, eyes going, immune system weakening.
Shouldn’t be on the road.

At least us old fogies know that a gate can swing both ways, remember this??

I really am thick sometimes (with pics) - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Touché. Looking forward to the response.

As to the future, mark my words, when trucks are driving themselves this bridge-bashing won’t happen (unless it’s to somehow avoid a worse “accident”). Errare humanum est; but " to persist [in committing such errors] is of the devil".

I was in a 14’ 2" MAN last night and went under a bridge 14’ 3" on the A645 between Snaith and Eggborough. I still slowed right down and cringed as I went under. :unamused: So I don’t believe him trying to squeeze the lorry through at over a foot too low! I reckon he just didn’t look or was blissfully unaware of his height. Many a time in the 1980’s bus drivers had routes that were single decker only and then some one in the office would make a mistake and put a double decker on that route. 9/10 drivers look, observe and trust their own judgement. That is the only way to do the job and not trust sat navs, transport managers even the police.

Snudger:
Touché. Looking forward to the response.

As to the future, mark my words, when trucks are driving themselves this bridge-bashing won’t happen (unless it’s to somehow avoid a worse “accident”). Errare humanum est; but " to persist [in committing such errors] is of the devil".

Ahh, but to foul things up completely requires a computer.

And there is no excuse because if you miss the warning sign there is always the one nailed to the bridge itself. If in doubt, get you lazy arse out of the cab and read the ■■■■■■■ headboard!

I love that old bus test.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Well he’s 63 so just goes to show that as soon as you hit 60 that’s it, sorry but time to call it a day. To slow, can’t think properly, fatigued easier, physically deteriorating, eyes going, immune system weakening.
Shouldn’t be on the road.

Some of us “coffin dodgers” have (quote)“done more miles rolling back at the traffic lights than you’ve done going forwards” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:BTW one old fella I know has just packed in at 73 never had an accident and used to reverse by hanging out the door :exclamation:

Look at the state of him, got to be agency driver!

Another one today at Stockport.
This one landed on top of a car

brinnington-lorry-5767537.jpg

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … le-5767553