Delivery man tries to squeeze his lorry under a low bridge i

And kudos to the recovery driver getting out of there. A blind side downhill reverse with a central island onto a main road T-junction.

Knowing what he was carrying should have helped. It’s got wings :wink:

JJ192:

Vortexringpiece:
Ex culina employee then, or maybe he an agency driver??

didnt think agency bashing wouldnt take long

Looks like he’s wearing jeans, so probably agency

Judehamish:

JJ192:

Vortexringpiece:
Ex culina employee then, or maybe he an agency driver??

didnt think agency bashing wouldnt take long

Looks like he’s wearing jeans, so probably agency

jeans dont mean ■■■■

FarnboroughBoy11:
Well he’s 63 so just goes to show that as soon as you hit 60 that’s it, sorry but time to call it a day. To slow, can’t think properly, fatigued easier, physically deteriorating, eyes going, immune system weakening.
Shouldn’t be on the road.

When your 60ish and someone 20 years younger comes out with what you said, your reply will be something along the lines of “don’t talk ■■■■■■■■” coz that’s exactly what you’ve just come out with :unamused: :unamused:

Winseer:
It said 15’9", but not believed. Incredible in itself.

I chicken out taking 13’9" under 13’9" bridges. “Ooh there’s nearly a foot of spare clearance” I might here. I don’t consider this ‘being ridiculed’ though, and I’ve never been pulled up for “taking the longer route around” either. All upside to playing it safe, which can’t be bad.

How many points endorsement are we looking at here btw? min to max?

he said it was 15’9 inside. Presumably the height indicator in the cab that he apparently didn’t check before leaving base

midlifetrucker:
And agism to boot. Great forum. Great camaraderie.

oxygen thieves :laughing: should be in the pub, :sunglasses: or in a coffin at that age! :smiley: not working! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

He aint even slowed down judging by the state of it.

Why can’t we be like the rest of europe and stick to 4m height. Most of these tall trailers run around with 6ft of empty space above the load.

He isn’t wearing the uniform for Culina so that points towards agency, saying that I don’t ALWAYS wear my work top

FarnboroughBoy11:
Well he’s 63 so just goes to show that as soon as you hit 60 that’s it, sorry but time to call it a day. To slow, can’t think properly, fatigued easier, physically deteriorating, eyes going, immune system weakening.

OMG!,I’d better keep my head down now!

m1cks:
A bit like this Wickes driver yesterday
theargus.co.uk/news/10622236 … ses_chaos/

The ,“Giant blue Wickes’ lorry”, at 15 foot high,seems a tad small for a double decker?

Aerodynamic trailers are more fuel efficient anyway.

bestbooties:

m1cks:
A bit like this Wickes driver yesterday
theargus.co.uk/news/10622236 … ses_chaos/

The ,“Giant blue Wickes’ lorry”, at 15 foot high,seems a tad small for a double decker?

It was 15’9 (the local plod put a picture of the cab height indicator on twitter)
Unfortunately the local rag isn’t renowned for stellar journalism.

i think in years to come trucks will come with a built in truck sat nav as standard and a lot of this bridge bashing will stop (when the technology becomes right).

anybody can make a big mistake but when you do it in an artic it’s times ten :frowning:

hope the drivers ok.

I think it can happen more easily if you’re a bit lost as you can become flustered. I’m sure everyone has made choices in the heat of the moment they later regret but I’ve never crashed a wagon in to a bridge yet, pays to be paranoid!

FarnboroughBoy11:

At least us old fogies know that a gate can swing both ways, remember this??

Martin:

FarnboroughBoy11:

At least us old fogies know that a gate can swing both ways, remember this??

I really am thick sometimes (with pics) - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Ouch!!! :smiley:

Lol

back it up to a wall and straighten it back out it’ll be reight :smiley: