Culina

Is it still 30,200 £ , 5 on 3 off , or has it changed yet ? Ty

In my opinion it should be basic £32k for 5on 2off…:exclamation:

Pimpdaddy:
Should be basic £32k for 5on 2off…:exclamation:

Think the Op is asking are they still doing the 5 on 3 off which I don’t think they anymore
Depends on the depot really. BOLD BLOKE will be best for that

speno:

Depends what site you’re working from and if you’re in the chilled or ambient side of the business.Thats salary and shift.

Haverhill

speno:
Haverhill

£30k any 5 over 7 days and expect to night out quiet a bit…

Pimpdaddy:
In my opinion it should be basic £32k for 5on 2off…:exclamation:

Based on a 365 day year, 5/3 (notwithstanding leave for arguments sake) equates to 136.875 days off a year. 5/2 equates to 104.285 days off a year. You want £1800 more to work an extra 32.59 days? That’s about £55 a day. I think can see where the cracks maybe in the idea of unions within road haulage. Something to do with an abacus.

James the cat:
Based on a 365 day year, 5/3 (notwithstanding leave for arguments sake) equates to 136.875 days off a year. 5/2 equates to 104.285 days off a year. You want £1800 more to work an extra 32.59 days? That’s about £55 a day. I think can see where the cracks maybe in the idea of unions within road haulage. Something to do with an abacus.

I see your point, my ‘theory’ was based on M-F shift pattern, more valuable to me as opposed to working weekends but I understand most driver like working weekends so…

Pimpdaddy:

James the cat:

I see your point, my ‘theory’ was based on M-F shift pattern, more valuable to me as opposed to working weekends but I understand most driver like working weekends so…

Fair enough old chap. I see where you’re coming from - compromise. It would across all the working days only slightly take down the hourly rate in return for a predictable lifestyle, however I wouldn’t be selling myself so short. You’re paying already for the change in that equation by working an extra 36 odd days a year. Why be paid less for them? A haulage company doesn’t look at whether you have weekends off. It looks at man hours and work coverage across a 24/7/365 system. By your way, they’re actually getting more man hours for peanuts. If you were in negotiations putting your offer forward, expect a very short meeting followed by smiling , smirking shaking of the hands so quick you’ll think you’ve sold the London Bridge for 5 quid by mistake.(I’ve been in company negotiations in a previous life and they love stuff like this)

speno:

That’s what we’re on and I do 5 &.3 but new starters are not being offered this pattern but as mentioned different depots might still offer this pattern, our money is the same regardless of shift pattern.

nick2008:
BOLD BLOKE will be best for that

Might be joining the green party soon Nick !!

bald bloke:

nick2008:

not Tuffers ■■?

Market Drayton currently advertising 5/3. Same salary as 5/2.
Much better than 5/2 imho.

mkb600:

Do you get any supplements for nights on top of basic??

mkb600:

Depends if 5/2 is Monday - Friday? I guess not.

5/2 can start any day, so could be grim.
£1k pa if you work Saturday, same for Sunday
2k if you work every weekend!!!

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

not Tuffers ■■?

It ends in barts !! but can’t make me mind up.

rob22888:

mkb600:

At our place 5/2 would be either a Sunday or Tuesday start so would only involve one day on a weekend, the other pattern is 4/2 which I know some drivers quite like as you only do the 4 days before having 2 off.
I’m actually on me hols at the mo but believe most of our depots are recruiting.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

not Tuffers ■■?

It ends in barts !! but can’t make me mind up.

rob22888:

mkb600:

At our place 5/2 would be either a Sunday or Tuesday start so would only involve one day on a weekend, the other pattern is 4/2 which I know some drivers quite like as you only do the 4 days before having 2 off.
I’m actually on me hols at the mo but believe most of our depots are recruiting.

the advantage where you are is you don’t hardly ever touch what’s in the back

Anyone worked out of Milton Keynes?? What kind of work would you expect there■■? Is it mostly store deliveries? Nights out it says above is that the norm too■■? There kit all looks tidy and never sounds like you are pushed to hard? If you was driving along the motorway and stopped off for 5 mins for a coffee once or twice in a day how are they with that? Cheers guys and girls

happysillyme:
Anyone worked out of Milton Keynes?? What kind of work would you expect there■■? Is it mostly store deliveries? Nights out it says above is that the norm too■■? There kit all looks tidy and never sounds like you are pushed to hard? If you was driving along the motorway and stopped off for 5 mins for a coffee once or twice in a day how are they with that? Cheers guys and girls

Mostly rdc deliveries, could be a couple of nights out a week and don’t forget it’s a 24/7 operation as it’s a chilled site, as regards to having a coffee en route I do it as long as you have time as in don’t turn up late having stopped along the way. It’s a small yard though which is annoying.