Culina

bald bloke:

happysillyme:
Anyone worked out of Milton Keynes?? What kind of work would you expect there■■? Is it mostly store deliveries? Nights out it says above is that the norm too■■? There kit all looks tidy and never sounds like you are pushed to hard? If you was driving along the motorway and stopped off for 5 mins for a coffee once or twice in a day how are they with that? Cheers guys and girls

Mostly rdc deliveries, could be a couple of nights out a week and don’t forget it’s a 24/7 operation as it’s a chilled site, as regards to having a coffee en route I do it as long as you have time as in don’t turn up late having stopped along the way. It’s a small yard though which is annoying.

Thank you bald bloke for that. I’m tempted to apply to be honest might wait for some day jobs to come up apply and see how I get on there. Sounds silly but if I’m expected to do nights out it would be nice to have your own truck but with 24/7 places it’s fair enough they don’t do this. But thank you and maybe see you about sometime soon.

happysillyme:

bald bloke:

happysillyme:
Anyone worked out of Milton Keynes?? What kind of work would you expect there■■? Is it mostly store deliveries? Nights out it says above is that the norm too■■? There kit all looks tidy and never sounds like you are pushed to hard? If you was driving along the motorway and stopped off for 5 mins for a coffee once or twice in a day how are they with that? Cheers guys and girls

Mostly rdc deliveries, could be a couple of nights out a week and don’t forget it’s a 24/7 operation as it’s a chilled site, as regards to having a coffee en route I do it as long as you have time as in don’t turn up late having stopped along the way. It’s a small yard though which is annoying.

Thank you bald bloke for that. I’m tempted to apply to be honest might wait for some day jobs to come up apply and see how I get on there. Sounds silly but if I’m expected to do nights out it would be nice to have your own truck but with 24/7 places it’s fair enough they don’t do this. But thank you and maybe see you about sometime soon.

You’ll never get your own truck but they’re all kept up together well. Apply anyway they keep the applications on file for a while so nothing ventured etc… We have drivers in our place who probably have never done nights out so they do tend to give them to the drivers who prefer them.

Hi does anyone work for Culina in general - I have an interview this week for a shift which runs Thursday to Monday salaried 48hr week.
With regards working the weekend do they pay a premiun for Sunday work and also how does this affect the Bank Holidays. many thanks advance

What about Culina In Magna Park? Weekly bours, night out, ambient ot chill as well?

mastesallan:
Hi does anyone work for Culina in general - I have an interview this week for a shift which runs Thursday to Monday salaried 48hr week.
With regards working the weekend do they pay a premiun for Sunday work and also how does this affect the Bank Holidays. many thanks advance

I work for them but i’m assuming you have an interview at Hereford or already have had an interview but things at Hereford are run a bit different to other depots as they run out of the sun valley chicken factory and the pay structure is different, they run straight, monitor your driving and replace kit often. Let us know how it went.

I’ve never seen the fascination some drivers have with working all weekend, doing nights or lates, as the money is not extra as such, but merely payment in compensation of working at such rediculous unsociable times of the week. I get £15 an hour on a Saturday, and I’m quite happy to work 4am until 12pm, as I see that as “extra” cash. Any hours worked between then and Monday morning are unsociable in my mind, and I wouldn’t do for less than £30 an hour

OVLOV JAY:
I’ve never seen the fascination some drivers have with working all weekend, doing nights or lates, as the money is not extra as such, but merely payment in compensation of working at such rediculous unsociable times of the week. I get £15 an hour on a Saturday, and I’m quite happy to work 4am until 12pm, as I see that as “extra” cash. Any hours worked between then and Monday morning are unsociable in my mind, and I wouldn’t do for less than £30 an hour

I find it suits what I want. I did years working Sunday - Thursday nights because it suited my family needs ie wife’s work and bringing up 2 kids. As you say your happy to start at 4am , I wouldn’t dream of getting out of bed before then and then having all the numptys all day long cutting in and out of traffic. I like the subdued pace of my night shift.

OVLOV JAY:

Everyone has their different ideas and lives to live, i do work some weekends but i get some off and i could never work every weekend, we once had a driver work Weds to Sun every week most strange from my point of view but it worked for him.

I do understand people’s needs in life etc, but what about a balance? We have every weekend as a family, my wife works 10-1430 in a pub, during term time, and a few hours at weekends instead during holidays, so we do still get a life together. My grandparents had a life passing each other at the front gate. Not for me and my family

OVLOV JAY:
I do understand people’s needs in life etc, but what about a balance? We have every weekend as a family, my wife works 10-1430 in a pub, during term time, and a few hours at weekends instead during holidays, so we do still get a life together. My grandparents had a life passing each other at the front gate. Not for me and my family

Call me cynical, but I think a lot of weekend working gets done reluctantly by drivers trying to prop up a poor basic salary or because they can’t get employed anywhere with better hours & then they try and kid everybody else that it suits them. I certainly think this is the case for permanent weekend shifts, 4 on 4 off type shifts are different and they offer a better balance.

HOWEVER, there are also a lot of guys out there with kids that have grown up/no kids who simply prefer the time at home during the week when it’s quiet to crack on with their hobbies etc. I have one good mate who works Thurs-Mon every week, his wife works weekends in retail as well and they have Tues + Weds off together and it suits them. This is just one example, theres plenty more.

4 on 4 off nights is my goal. Tramping on nights atm to earn some moolah but once I’m sorted I’m going part time.

Much prefer nights as I get way more sleep and the extra dosh is a bonus.

I have to admit though, a 5 day every weekend shift sounds like a nightmare to me.

Do culina still do uni lever work :question:

Culina Haverhill stinks and I :laughing: hate getting sent there takes ages to get tipped

dozy:

Yes.

bald bloke:

dozy:

Yes.

That’s good ,he was telling porkies then,I had enough of the toilets ( if you could call them that ) first time around at Cannock :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: