Cooking with just a microwave

So what would you cook! If you cant use gas as not allowed, Can’t think of many options only the usual , rice, soup, beans, chips, very healthy :-/

Cook meals at home put them in containers and use the microwave to heat them up. Ok some things are not quite the same warmed up but beggars can’t be choosers.

Order a pizza or something lol, iv done it :slight_smile:

Curry

Ryan090:

Me too and had it delivered to the truck :laughing: :laughing:

Bacon, put it in between folded kitchen towel and cook for two minutes for a yummy non-greasy bacon sandwich, you can get some pretty good ready meals, yesterday I had corned beef hash, and I’ve got chicken in black bean sauce with egg fried rice, and a Chinese chicken curry for later in the week. Waitrose do a very good Chicken Forestiere, normally sold at motorway service outlets, at £3.69 it’s a third of the price of a far inferior meal in the restaurant, couldn’t imagine life without a microwave oven now…

For breakfast scrabbled egg. Porage oats wae sum banana or strawberries thru it.

Pasta or sauage and mash for dinner.

Can cook pasta or chicken curry in bulk at the weekend put it in individual containers and they heat up a treat without little taste difference.

Microwave grub you get like those ready meals are mostly tasteless crap!

Nice poached eggs, boil the water first then pop the eggs in for about 40 seconds ish and hey presto.

Hang on just checking I’m not on the hairy bikers forum.

Oh and any ready meal of your choice, or even a burger, hot dog, 90 second thingy.

Pfffft in my day we used to do a fry up on the engine block and eat our own limbs on Shap :wink:

DAF95XF:

Ryan090:

Me too and had it delivered to the truck :laughing: :laughing:

And me … use to have 2 pizza’s so had breakfast / lunch for the next day :sunglasses:

I would grow a set and cook on gas regardless.
They trust you with a 44t truck and thousands of pounds worth of good but then undermine you because you might blow yourself up :laughing: well funny.

Get one of those portable barbecue thingy’s and some fresh meat from the butchers.
If its raining jump in the back of your trailer and light it.

The way things are going we are all going to be eating sushi.

Although when push comes to shove 3 weetabix will keep me going, warm the milk up in the microwave and you will be nice and regular the next day…

no cook in cab…no sleep in cab.

I just cook all the stuff I used to do in a suacepan, just put it in plastic pots instead. Tinned meats curries chilli con carni mince beef and the like, tinned veg & potatoes, pasta and rice (microwaveable instead off boil in the bag), and extras from weekend cooking such as home made sausage caseroll from sunday tea. baked beans with sausages.

Was in services one point last week, brought a tin off soup and half dozen white rolls for less than £2, soup in the micro (in a plastic tub) butter half the rolls and got a cuppa tea going in the coffee maker spot on, tastier than a maccy D. and less than half the price :wink:

Glad to see it’s not only me that orders a takeaway to the truck :smiley:
Take the misses with you and you won’t hAve to worth about cooking, just leave it to her :slight_smile:

Eggs get my vote, brake three into a little microwave tub and add a little milk, nuke for 1.20 whisk, rinse and repeat, as Harry says bacon in kitchen roll and add some of those snack pot baked beans or spaghetti hoops. Yum. I just wish you could microwave fish fingers but sadly you have to use the pan.

I reckon this forum needs a sub topic dedicated to the art of inventive and imaginative microwave cooking.

If you want to live dangerously have a some cheese before bedtime- the nightmares are epic… :slight_smile:

Shoshaye:
Yum. I just wish you could microwave fish fingers but sadly you have to use the pan.

You can, pop them on defrost for 5 minutes, then nuke em at 3/4 heat open door half way through to let them relax then continue and voi-la a fish finger butty.

get yaself some of these from iceland,chicken masala’s are good too,like proper take away curries,nice and hot and microwave does’nt ruin em :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:

Shoshaye:
Yum. I just wish you could microwave fish fingers but sadly you have to use the pan.

You can, pop them on defrost for 5 minutes, then nuke em at 3/4 heat open door half way through to let them relax then continue and voi-la a fish finger butty.

Brilliant, I’ll try that thanks. Love fish finger butty.