Complete cock on A9

eagerbeaver:
Thought you had claimed you had already had your final word on this thread mate? :confused:

Anyway, you have £31.22 on the crowdfunding page I have set up for you. Can’t see it making the dough required for a proper holiday, but with the cash raised so far, you should be able to buy 6 tinned hot dog sausages, 2 toilet rolls, and a colouring book from your nearest camp site shop.

I would like to donate to this cause…
I have transferred 4 million shares in a blue chip company…Monarch Airlines…enjoy!

robroy:

P Stoff:
Ok CSI trucknet you want me to justify myself by telling you outfit engine etc. Well I’m not, not because it’s affects anything. I don’t like my integrity questioned and not going to justify it to all the shining examples here.

Most of you are missing the point regardless of me being right or wrong in pulling out. The slip from the Blair Atholl turning is uphill and long. Even if I was the plank you all tarnish me by, the approaching truck has plenty of time to see if I am indeed a plank and adjust accordingly. Probably flashing his lights and venting but a safe driver would have slowed accordingly IF I had pulled in front of him. (I didn’t) any other action is unprofessional.

I haven’t missed the point mate, like I said before it’s the ‘caravan’ thing that has caused all the flak I reckon.
Everybody on here has been [zb] ed up, baulked up, messed up and ballsed up, by a car and caravan at one time or another…fact.
Unfortunately it looks like all the pent up anger and frustration with this has been chucked at you, a caravan man condemning a truck driver.

I see what you are getting at, you are basically saying even if you made the most stupid manouvre ever made by a car and caravan, not saying you did, not saying you didn’t, but the main point of this 4 pages of crap is this…

The guy in the truck (being a pro) should not have sat up your arse to intimidate you like a prick.
You are meant as a pro to raise above it, not act like a 44 tonne boy racer.
That is what is supposed to seperate ''US from ‘‘THEM’’
Cheers.

But we don’t even know whether the truck driver,who obviously isn’t here to defend himself,did actually tailgate anyone.Or as I’ve said was actually the victim in all this of yet another caravan utilising muppet expecting the truck to give way to a typically badly specced outfit that hasn’t got the power to use an entry slip road properly resulting in a botched merging manoeuvre not an example of tailgating at all.With caravan utiliser thinking that he’s too special to give way to traffic according to the rules of the road and blaming everyone else but himself.

On that note why does the OP seem to be so keen on avoiding the question of what was the weight and power matching and stability provision of the outfit and exactly how,when and where did the truck driver end up sitting on his back door bearing in mind a supposed quarter mile gap between the truck and our supposed ‘victim’ at the entry slip road ?.Which as someone who did some caravan towing often up to and around Scotland before I ever drove a truck all sounds like bs to me having spent plenty of time discussing the finer points of the ideal outfit with other ‘vanners’ in which we all agreed that my Father’s 13 ft Travelmaster which I was pulling with my 2.5 Triumph,because his 2,000 auto ,let alone company provided Marina wasn’t up to the job,using a Dixon Bate bar and a Mongoose anti snake coupling,would have gone even better behind the 3.5 litres and 8 cylinders and 4 x 4 capabilities of the next door neighbour’s Range Rover.Who incidentally used it to pull a 14 foot Sprite and then an even bigger I think from memory 18 foot 4 wheeler Mustang ? throughout Europe.So I’m obviously not a wobble box driver hater.But very surprised when I hear one who isn’t ( very ) enthusiastic about telling the world about the kit that he’s chosen.Let alone the bs idea of a well specced outfit not being able to outrun a speed limited artic up that zb hill. :bulb: :wink:

Heisenberrg:

eagerbeaver:
Thought you had claimed you had already had your final word on this thread mate? :confused:

Anyway, you have £31.22 on the crowdfunding page I have set up for you. Can’t see it making the dough required for a proper holiday, but with the cash raised so far, you should be able to buy 6 tinned hot dog sausages, 2 toilet rolls, and a colouring book from your nearest camp site shop.

I would like to donate to this cause…
I have transferred 4 million shares in a blue chip company…Monarch Airlines…enjoy!

And UKtramp has promised to service your caravan fridge…(he’s an expert you know, just in case you haven’t heard. :laughing: )

robroy:

P Stoff:
Ok CSI trucknet you want me to justify myself by telling you outfit engine etc. Well I’m not, not because it’s affects anything. I don’t like my integrity questioned and not going to justify it to all the shining examples here.

Most of you are missing the point regardless of me being right or wrong in pulling out. The slip from the Blair Atholl turning is uphill and long. Even if I was the plank you all tarnish me by, the approaching truck has plenty of time to see if I am indeed a plank and adjust accordingly. Probably flashing his lights and venting but a safe driver would have slowed accordingly IF I had pulled in front of him. (I didn’t) any other action is unprofessional.

I haven’t missed the point mate, like I said before it’s the ‘caravan’ thing that has caused all the flak I reckon.
Everybody on here has been [zb] ed up, baulked up, messed up and ballsed up, by a car and caravan at one time or another…fact.
Unfortunately it looks like all the pent up anger and frustration with this has been chucked at you, a caravan man condemning a truck driver.

I see what you are getting at, you are basically saying even if you made the most stupid manouvre ever made by a car and caravan, not saying you did, not saying you didn’t, but the main point of this 4 pages of crap is this…

The guy in the truck (being a pro) should not have sat up your arse to intimidate you like a prick.
Cheers.

Well done Robroy for trying to understand the OP’s point of view instead of just throwing abuse about.
You come across as one of the few decent guys on here but I feel embarassed about some of your clan.

Carryfast:

Munchkin:
Roll forward 20yrs when everything drives autonomously and there would be no story.

Oh wait you mean when those like Dr Damon are programming the autonomous vehicles along the lines of them making up the rules of the road to suit themselves as they go along and the speed of traffic is limited to that of the slowest vehicle. :open_mouth:
:laughing:

Carryfast do you not understand English or have you some sort of weird imagination?
Where the hell did I say what you have just quoted?
Come on and be a man and give an appropriate answer unlike some others who can’t string one line of common sense over.

PS Try to put in a decipherable order if poss.

Dr Damon:

robroy:

P Stoff:

Cheers.

Well done Robroy for trying to understand the OP’s point of view instead of just throwing abuse about.
You come across as one of the few decent guys on here but I feel embarassed about some of your clan.

There are a lot of decent lads on this forum mate, there are also a lot of pricks.
Same goes with drivers in general, some are good and more than capable, others not so, others totally ■■■■ useless, in other words not a ‘‘clan’’ just a group of individuals with different ranges of capabilities.
However I get the impression that you yourself tend to tar all of us with the same brush in a condescending way in many of your posts,… which is why you get so much hostility on here maybe eh? :bulb:

Dr Damon:

Perception can be very deceiving as robroy has been linked with the local Mafia on here, in fact he was not so long ago facing police questioning for being a Don and bullying. I tend to tread very carefully around his posts. He may come across as a nice guy and I will not say otherwise as I do not fancy waking up next to a horses head in my bed. Que Dipper Dave.

UKtramp:

Dr Damon:

Perception can be very deceiving as robroy has been linked with the local Mafia on here, in fact he was not so long ago facing police questioning for being a Don and bullying. I tend to tread very carefully around his posts. He may come across as a nice guy and I will not say otherwise as I do not fancy waking up next to a horses head in my bed. Que Dipper Dave.

Nah not me mate…but if I was, I’d be more your downmarket gangster more like a hamster’s head than a horse’s. :smiley:
As for violence, I’ll come behind you and pull your undercrackers up your crack if you upset me.
…A kind of WEDGIE Kray. :laughing:

robroy:

UKtramp:

Dr Damon:

Nah not me mate…but if I was, I’d be more your downmarket gangster more like a hamster’s head than a horse’s. :smiley:
As for violence, I’ll come behind you and pull your undercrackers up your crack if you upset me.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:

UKtramp:

Dr Damon:

FFS mate…

TUMBLEWEED.jpg

Oh come on Beav man :unamused: …it was good that ! :laughing:

Dr Damon:

AndrewG:

Carryfast:
Firstly as we know many caravan utilisers make up the definition ‘decent diesel’ and ‘well matched outfit’ to suit their own budget.In many cases that often means saving cash on the towing vehicle spec to spend more on a larger heavier caravan.IE some actual figures relating to towing vehicle weight and caravan weight and engine size/cylinders power/torque output and how stable is the outfit as part of that would be in order. :unamused:

^
This
As most caravans are only pulled around maybe a couple of times a year the combination is rarely a well matched outfit. If they were they wouldnt be struggling up hills as many do, with a head wind its even worse. The same can be said of many campervans, many large heavy ones on single rear axles and single tyres giving unwieldy handling especially on a blustery day. Its a euro wide problem though, going past droves of them during the summer months on the AR’s with the mobile toilet swaying around behind them can be a pita…

So what you are really saying Andrew G is that they are slow and hold you up? Most car drivers probably say the same about lorrys.
We are all entitled to use the roads so why do we have all these selfish types that want everybody to go at their speed?

Nothing holds me up…700 wild stallions sees to that… :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:
Oh come on Beav man :unamused: …it was good that ! :laughing:

I suppose it wasn’t too bad :laughing:

UKtramp:

Dr Damon:

Nice to see a bit of decent banter on here for a change.Your advice is taken UK tramp. Ha just noticed the Hull.
I am in 'ull usually 3 or 4 times a year normally getting on North Sea Ferries but sometimes I stay a night with friends in Orchard Park if they are there.
I might add some drivers have a strange perception when it comes to safety in my view.

Dr Damon:

UKtramp:

Dr Damon:

Nice to see a bit of decent banter on here for a change.Your advice is taken UK tramp. Ha just noticed the Hull.
I am in 'ull usually 3 or 4 times a year normally getting on North Sea Ferries but sometimes I stay a night with friends in Orchard Park if they are there.
I might add some drivers have a strange perception when it comes to safety in my view.

Best thing about Hull is the North Sea Ferries. Where do you go on them Zeebrugge or Rotterdam?

Used both routes many times. All depends where we are going and what we are travelling in or on!
And prices of course.

Dr Damon:
Used both routes many times. All depends where we are going and what we are travelling in or on!
And prices of course.

I used to service all of the refrigeration and installed the air conditioning systems on most of the North Sea Ferries, was a good contract until the contract went out to tender and they bought the contract very much like haulage firms do to keep their vehicles running.

UKtramp:

Dr Damon:
And prices of course.

I used to service all of the refrigeration and installed the air conditioning systems on most of the North Sea Ferries, was a good contract until the contract went out to tender and they bought the contract very much like haulage firms do to keep their vehicles running.

Ah right sounds like a good number.Did you actually sail while working or just work when in the port?

Pity it ended.

Dr Damon:

I will give you a heads up on here in answer to your question, there are actually some very good lads and intelligent ones too on here, however there are some odd balls indeed and even some that are not even drivers, for some strange reason that I have yet to fathom out why anyone would want to pretend to be a driver beggars belief. You will get to hear from them and learn to ignore them. Incidentally you have been arguing with one of the decent ones :wink: To be fair though we can all seem argumentative and it is easy to upset the wrong ones. I have counted around 25 really decent posters on here who I would either engage or answer, the rest I don’t even bother with. No one believes anything you say so careful not to fall into the trap of trying to put an argument up that you know anything about or some no mark will insist they know better and you are a troll. You will get the hang of it.

Dr Damon:
Ah right sounds like a good number.Did you actually sail while working or just work when in the port?

Pity it ended.

We sailed with the ships when extra time was needed, they are only berthed for around 12 hours, if a repair took longer than the time when it sailed then we went with it, many a time we crossed backwards and forwards.