Complete cock on A9

P Stoff:

happysack:
I presume you joined the A9 to the south of Blair Athol? You matched his speed on the short slip road? But he then accelerated “uphill”? You didn’t see the company name because he was too close to the back of the caravan? 2 miles after you joined the A9, you got to a dual carriageway, what happened next? My guess is that in typical cockwomble fashion you put the foot down until the end of the twin track at the pitlochry split. Then you’d have regained your road commander position and sat at 50mph until the next dual… etc etc. As someone said earlier you can sit on the limiter from Perth to Inverness and back again without getting a ticket.

So whatever happened according to your theory breaking the law and the speed limit is correct procedure and observing the speed limit is wrong and I am impeding a lorry by driving at 50 on a road that is 50. All I can say is thank God I am packing in when my dcpc card runs out.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Excellent news. Will you them have more spare time to dotter about at 45mph causing chaos?

Please answer the one question, why didn’t you see the name of the company in this thundering juggernaut when you reached the dual carriageway (2 miles)? Did you suddenly get your racing car underpants on and zoom off at 65?

This thread shows the attitude of caravan drivers, which is disgusting quite frankly and just goes to show that the world would be a better place if all caravanners were shot and their children sold into slavery.

A.

UKtramp:

robroy:

UKtramp:
I personally wouldn’t sit up the arse of any vehicle, we all know the dangers of that. If I had this happen to me and I was worried then I would simply pull over and let it past. Only way to resolve a dangerous situation is for one of you to diffuse the situation. Both of you driving in this way ■■■■■■■ each other off is not going to do either of you any good regardless of who is right and who is wrong.

If I read it right all the ag took place on a two way stretch, until he got to the d/c, so unless there was a lay by why should, or indeed how could, he do that?

Quite easily rob, it’s not a great idea for two drivers driving in a manner that endangers themselves and others, it would be far safer to simply slow down on a stretch of road where the lorry could overtake him safely. It isn’t rocket science and isn’t a case of who is in the right so I am going to sit here and hold this lunatic up. I would resolve the situation myself even if it involves me putting myself out rather than have someone sat up my ■■■ endangering me.

Not ‘‘quite easily’’ if there was not an overtaking opportunity, and /or oncoming traffic.
He was maybe on his lot with the weight of the caravan, and not just purposely holding him up, I dunno,… but whatever, and either way, that prick in the artic should NOT have been sat on his pipe, end of.

happysack:
Please answer the one question, why didn’t you see the name of the company in this thundering juggernaut when you reached the dual carriageway (2 miles)? Did you suddenly get your racing car underpants on and zoom off at 65?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!

I don’t need to rise above and I’m not bothered what anyone thinks. I just vented last night after a long journey.

I am, like many just saddened at all the bad examples of driving and l am no way a superior driver to anyone. I make mistakes and I sometimes reverse like a plank. I do however realise that the vehicle I am driving is a bloody danger to everyone in the wrong hands.

Hyperthetical as it may be and whether I am right or wrong, let’s say my engine blew with our hero behind me. He would have wiped me out, but in his actions to avert possibly crossed the carriageway and wiped a totally innocent player out. For what? Bravado is it worth it?

I just don’t understand the mentality

P Stoff:
I don’t need to rise above and I’m not bothered what anyone thinks. I just vented last night after a long journey.

I am, like many just saddened at all the bad examples of driving and l am no way a superior driver to anyone. I make mistakes and I sometimes reverse like a plank. I do however realise that the vehicle I am driving is a bloody danger to everyone in the wrong hands.

Hyperthetical as it may be and whether I am right or wrong, let’s say my engine blew with our hero behind me. He would have wiped me out, but in his actions to avert possibly crossed the carriageway and wiped a totally innocent player out. For what? Bravado is it worth it?

I just don’t understand the mentality

Christ aye man. I never go out anymore. Just in case.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

happysack:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!

No markings on cab front and as he was SOOO far away when I joined I couldn’t see logo on curtain and once I was satisfied I had enough room I tend to look forwards as it’s often where all the action is.

P Stoff:
I’m not bothered what anyone thinks.

Really?
So why did you take time out of your busy caravaning holiday to post your crap on the internet?

Grumpy_old_trucker:

happysack:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!

It is exactly this that makes you suspect that this post was utter bollox to begin with unless it was a completely unmarked unit & trailer in which case you would have noticed and mentioned that too. Just seems like a troll type of post, whatever a troll is as I am still uncertain myself!!

Read the thread title. Automatically assumed it would be someone complaining about a muppet in a caravan trying to control the road after pulling out on them. :smiley:
The bit your talking about the hgv would be at full throttle from the bottom of the hill to maintain speed. If you forced him to lift off he would rightly be annoyed He probably only closed up on you so he didnt have to go further down the gears and get bogged down. My crappy daf would be down to 30 fully loaded if i was forced to lift off on that hill. Had it done to me twice. A motorhome and a caravan funnily enough. Mirror full of main beam and bang on the horns to make them aware im there.

UKtramp:

robroy:

UKtramp:
I personally wouldn’t sit up the arse of any vehicle, we all know the dangers of that. If I had this happen to me and I was worried then I would simply pull over and let it past. Only way to resolve a dangerous situation is for one of you to diffuse the situation. Both of you driving in this way ■■■■■■■ each other off is not going to do either of you any good regardless of who is right and who is wrong.

If I read it right all the ag took place on a two way stretch, until he got to the d/c, so unless there was a lay by why should, or indeed how could, he do that?

Quite easily rob, it’s not a great idea for one driver driving in a manner that endangers themselves and others, it would be far safer to simply slow down on a stretch of road and leave room between him and the caravan. It isn’t rocket science and isn’t a case of who is in the right so I am going to sit here and hold this lunatic up. I would resolve the situation myself even if it involves me putting myself out rather than have someone sat up my ■■■ endangering me.

I’ve sorted those wee errors that somehow crept into your post. No need to thank me! :wink:

Think most of the probs with the o/p started when he mentioned the C word. :smiley:
Most of us, (especially me) hate caravans and caravan drivers for all the crap they cause us
So, I reckon most of us are assuming this guy is in the same category with all the ■■■■ poor driving that cause us as truckers problems.
However he’s a driver himself, he too undoubtedly will have come across all the crap that caravanners cause while in his own truck, so why would his driving style suddenlly change from pro to ■■■■ terrible in one go when pulling his wobble box?? :bulb:

So bearing that in mind, that is why I am giving him the benefit of the doubt…and no,.I don’t know him from Adam, and yeh I could be wrong. :bulb:

TiredAndEmotional:

UKtramp:

robroy:

UKtramp:

Quite easily rob, it’s not a great idea for one driver driving in a manner that endangers themselves and others, it would be far safer to simply slow down on a stretch of road and leave room between him and the caravan. It isn’t rocket science and isn’t a case of who is in the right so I am going to sit here and hold this lunatic up. I would resolve the situation myself even if it involves me putting myself out rather than have someone sat up my ■■■ endangering me.

I’ve sorted those wee errors that somehow crept into your post. No need to thank me! :wink:

Many thanks for that, you have to understand that even a god like me is prone to making small errors however minute, In this case though you will be hearing from my lawyer with regards copyright laws. :wink:

robroy:
Think most of the probs with the o/p started when he mentioned the C word. :smiley:
Most of us, (especially me) hate caravans and caravan drivers for all the crap they cause us
So, I reckon most of us are assuming this guy is in the same category with all the ■■■■ poor driving that cause us as truckers problems.
However he’s a driver himself, he too undoubtedly will have come across all the crap that caravanners cause while in his own truck, so why would his driving style suddenlly change from pro to [zb] terrible in one go when pulling his wobble box?? :bulb:

So bearing that in mind, that is why I am giving him the benefit of the doubt…and no,.I don’t know him from Adam, and yeh I could be wrong. :bulb:

Going by his attitude, he probably drives like an utter ringpiece in an artic as well.

He just manages to be a bigger one when he pulls his mobile toilet.

A.

I dont think this is the whole story if the lorry was that far away and heavy he would have not caught you till almost the dc part.So its more like you seen and went f you am going as i dont want to stop on a hill while pulling my mobile toilet.So how quick did he catch you and how long did it take you to get up the hill.

Adonis.:
Going by his attitude, he probably drives like an utter ringpiece in an artic as well.

I think you could have just summed the fool up.
I reckon he may have the letters DYKWIA written on the back of his wobble box!

UKtramp:

Many thanks for that, you have to understand that even a god like me is prone to making small errors however minute, In this case though you will be hearing from my lawyer with regards copyright laws. :wink:

Better call Saul!! :grimacing:

Adonis.:

robroy:
However he’s a driver himself, he too undoubtedly will have come across all the crap that caravanners cause while in his own truck, so why would his driving style suddenlly change from pro to [zb] terrible in one go when pulling his wobble box?? :bulb:

A.

Like I said mate I could be wrong here, none of us actually know him.
On the other hand this guy could just also be a good truck driver and a good driver with his caravan, who knows except himself?.. and we all see dicks who impersonate artic drivers everyday, , who are imo worse than the caravanners in real terms.

So I still aint condemning him as fast and as ready as some on here,… who do so just because he bizzarely prefers pulling a box to kip in, with a bucket for a bog on his hols, than a flght to a Gran Canaria luxury hotel. :laughing:

robroy:

Adonis.:

robroy:

A.

Like I said mate I could be wrong here, none of us actually know him.
On the other hand this guy could just also be a good truck driver and a good driver with his caravan, who knows except himself?.. and we all see dicks who impersonate artic drivers everyday, , who are imo worse than the caravanners in real terms.

So I still aint condemning him as fast and as ready as some on here,… who do so just because he bizzarely prefers pulling a box to kip in, with a bucket for a bog on his hols, than a flght to a Gran Canaria luxury hotel. :laughing:

Indeed we don’t know him, but I don’t think we’re getting the truth here, nothing adds up without him being a balloon knot.

I always remember the Top Gear episode where they go caravanning and ask what there is to do, the first reply is “empty the toilet” :laughing: can you imagine knocking your pan in for a few months, big holiday coming up and you’ll get to drive to Skegness and empty the toilet? :laughing:

A.

:laughing: