Complete cock on A9

dieseldog999:

Roymondo:

dieseldog999:
1 because its the limit,and why wouldnt you.
2 even though its a limit,then its also a target and a limit to be exceeded wherever possible. :unamused:

Except of course when towing the S/C limit isn’t 60mph is it?

ok mr smartypants,it then definately just becomes a target… :slight_smile:

Run up to 60 mph on the entry slip thereby creating a decent seperation distance then maintain a decent speed,with no need to actually run at 60 mph.Job done.

‘If’ the outfit is powerful and stable enough to do it of course.We now need some info regarding the spec of the towing vehicle v the caravan and the nose weight and is it fitted with a decent anti snake device ?. :wink:

Dr Damon:

AndrewG:
But…how many trucks do you think keep to tht 50 limit…im betting most are on the limiter on open SC roads. Pulling out in front of someone and then doing a road commander style dead on 50 will always have someone knocking on the back door…

Wrong Andy pandy. Only the brain dead ones do things like that and they are the ones that give us all a bad reputation.
Irresponsible prix.

Youve missed the point Dr Dolittle, never mind the rights or wrongs of it theres a difference between the ‘speed limit’ and reality…always assume someones going faster than the stated limit before pulling out of a junction or merging…

AndrewG:

Dr Damon:

AndrewG:
But…how many trucks do you think keep to tht 50 limit…im betting most are on the limiter on open SC roads. Pulling out in front of someone and then doing a road commander style dead on 50 will always have someone knocking on the back door…

Wrong Andy pandy. Only the brain dead ones do things like that and they are the ones that give us all a bad reputation.
Irresponsible prix.

Youve missed the point Dr Dolittle, never mind the rights or wrongs of it theres a difference between the ‘speed limit’ and reality…always assume someones going faster than the stated limit before pulling out of a junction or merging…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
especially if your on the A16 ad you pull out in front of a paddy with the must make the boat button engaged… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

Dr Damon:

AndrewG:

Irresponsible prix.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
especially if your on the A16 ad you pull out in front of a paddy with the must make the boat button engaged… :slight_smile:

Nolans seem to have that button engaged permanently and thats heading OUT of Calais, even come past me and thats saying something… :grimacing:

P Stoff:
Today working my way back from the Highlands on the A9 I pulled out from Blair Atholl heading towards Perth. There was a lorry coming up the hill but I had plenty of time to get out. Now bearing in mind it’s 50mph I was up to 50 before he was anyway near. So he then accelerates and is about a bees ■■■■ from behind the caravan. He then harrasses me until the dual carriageway. Couldn’t see company sadly. I only hope he went over on the average speed camera and cops a ticket

I am embarrassed to for this fellow driver. And people wonder why there are multiple pileups.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

I’m not against verbally abusing cockwomble steering wheel attendants from the safety and anonymity of the Internet, in this case though, I’m struggling a little. You say you were going uphill, as a fellow HGV driver you should know that a fully loaded lorry is going to struggle and therefore isn’t going to be terribly keen on slowing down because someone has pulled in front of them.
Also, you say that even though you accelerated to 50 quickly, he was soon up your backside. Given his top speed is going to be 56 (ish) max, that’s only 6 mph more than what you were doing. It would still take him a while to reach you. Did you really give him as much space as you think you did?

I joined the A9 which is uphill I looked at the lorry coming and accelerated up the slip until I had reached 50/55mph. At this point the lorry in question was at least a quarter of a mile away as I had matched his uphill speed fairly quickly. ( I have a well matched outfit pulled by a decent diesel unit and have towed a caravan for 30 years and held a class one for 33 years) now bearing in mind the A9 is supposed to be 50 for a lorry and has average speed cameras he in theory shouldn’t have even caught me. I settled for 55mph as I know my car probably isn’t entirely accurate but at no time did I make him brake AND even if I did his response as a professional driver should have been to call me all the names under the sun but keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front.

If I’m honest some of the replies on here not only worry me but if they are genuine and not trolling beer infested goading then are indicative of the quality of some drivers currently on the road.

Tin hat on waiting for further abuse

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

Dr Damon:

AndrewG:

Irresponsible prix.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

they reckon one of the reasons they started making wobble-boxes out of aluminium was so many of them were getting stuck to the side of irish boys on the 75

P Stoff:
If I’m honest some of the replies on here not only worry me but if they are genuine and not trolling beer infested goading then are indicative of the quality of some drivers currently on the road.

Why do you feel the need to jump on here, giving a long & frankly boring explanation of how you and your caravan were traveling along a road and a big lorry sat behind you all the way to a dual carriageway. You get answers that worry you? who cares what you think. If you were that concerned why didn’t you just pull over and let the big bad lorry get past you and your caravan. You could then get on with your journey in complete safety. You cannot be serious that each time someone upsets you on the road that we will all have to suffer and read to your boring posts. I have some fantastic and exciting refrigeration stories to tell as I am a dynamic and exciting driver, people don’t want to hear your drivel they want more posts from me!!

P Stoff:
I joined the A9 which is uphill I looked at the lorry coming and accelerated up the slip until I had reached 50/55mph. At this point the lorry in question was at least a quarter of a mile away as I had matched his uphill speed fairly quickly. ( I have a well matched outfit pulled by a decent diesel unit and have towed a caravan for 30 years and held a class one for 33 years) now bearing in mind the A9 is supposed to be 50 for a lorry and has average speed cameras he in theory shouldn’t have even caught me. I settled for 55mph as I know my car probably isn’t entirely accurate but at no time did I make him brake AND even if I did his response as a professional driver should have been to call me all the names under the sun but keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front.

Ok here goes.
If EVERYTHING you say is an accurate account of what happened, (and assuming I’ve read it right of course :blush: :smiley: ) you won’t get any abuse off me mate.
I certainly aint whiter than white either, I have and sometimes do go over the limit on occasions, and all the rest of it, I aint a saint, I’m just an ordinary trucker, anybody who denies they do not or never have is a ■■■■ liar.

Nail on head your summing up mate…pro driver who rightly or wrongly got ■■■■■■ off by you decided to sit up the arse of another vehicle to prove his point, by bullying tactics with a truck.
Rather than just as you said, call you a ■■■■ and deal with the situation in a ‘‘Professional’’ manner…ie back off and just let it go.

You are up against those in your car and caravan (btw I aint a caravan fan by any means either :smiling_imp: ) who are too thick to realise you do not drive a truck like a car, combined with those pricks who have no backbone, and regularly succumb to office pressure to go like a ■■■■ idiot.all day long on the limiter to the point of not having the time to stop for a ■■■■.
Don’t know which category this guy came under, maybe both or neither, but you never use your truck as a weapon no matter how ■■■■■■ you are with somebody. :bulb:

Unlike you I aint wearing a tin hat as I aint bothered a ■■■■ what those type of d/heads I mention will or won’t say to me, so I’ll.take some of the flak for you mate. :smiley:

AndrewG:
Nolans seem to have that button engaged permanently and thats heading OUT of Calais, even come past me and thats saying something… :grimacing:

We must know different Nolans, most of them need new paint after I’ve blown it off them :grimacing:

Actually most could do with new paint anyway, their fleet is like a rolling museum of rattling heaps.

A.

Uktramp.
Thanks for input. I will send you any of my posts my message first and then you can tell me if worthy of posting. I didn’t realise the protocol. I foolishly thought it was a forum.

I grovel in your presence

Adonis.:

AndrewG:

We must know different Nolans, most of them need new paint after I’ve blown it off them :grimacing:

Actually most could do with new paint anyway, their fleet is like a rolling museum of rattling heaps.

A.

Some of their drivers won’t win any prizes for grooming and stylish appearance either. :laughing:

I presume you joined the A9 to the south of Blair Athol? You matched his speed on the short slip road? But he then accelerated “uphill”? You didn’t see the company name because he was too close to the back of the caravan? 2 miles after you joined the A9, you got to a dual carriageway, what happened next? My guess is that in typical cockwomble fashion you put the foot down until the end of the twin track at the pitlochry split. Then you’d have regained your road commander position and sat at 50mph until the next dual… etc etc. As someone said earlier you can sit on the limiter from Perth to Inverness and back again without getting a ticket.

I personally wouldn’t sit up the arse of any vehicle, we all know the dangers of that. If I had this happen to me and I was worried then I would simply pull over and let it past. Only way to resolve a dangerous situation is for one of you to diffuse the situation. Both of you driving in this way ■■■■■■■ each other off is not going to do either of you any good regardless of who is right and who is wrong.

robroy:

P Stoff:

Ok here goes.
If EVERYTHING you say is an accurate account of what happened, (and assuming I’ve read it right of course :blush: :smiley: ) you won’t get any abuse off me mate.
I certainly aint whiter than white either, I have and sometimes do go over the limit on occasions, and all the rest of it, I aint a saint, I’m just an ordinary trucker, anybody who denies they do not or never have is a [zb] liar.

Nail on head your summing up mate…pro driver who rightly or wrongly got ■■■■■■ off by you decided to sit up the arse of another vehicle to prove his point, by bullying tactics with a truck.
Rather than just as you said, call you a [zb] and deal with the situation in a ‘‘Professional’’ manner…ie back off and just let it go.

You are up against those in your car and caravan (btw I aint a caravan fan by any means either :smiling_imp: ) who are too thick to realise you do not drive a truck like a car, combined with those pricks who have no backbone, and regularly succumb to office pressure to go like a [zb] idiot.all day long on the limiter to the point of not having the time to stop for a ■■■■.
Don’t know which category this guy came under, maybe both or neither, but you never use your truck as a weapon no matter how ■■■■■■ you are with somebody. :bulb:

Unlike you I aint wearing a tin hat as I aint bothered a [zb] what those type of d/heads I mention will or won’t say to me, so I’ll.take some of the flak for you mate. :smiley:

I think I’m with you Rob, if as a driver you can’t cope with other vehicle getting in your way, even if you think they are [zb]'s for the manoeuvre they pulled or the speed they are driving, then maybe you need to take anger management course, maybe another DCPC module :wink: :wink: or give up before you make yourself Ill with the stress of it. If it had been a local driver I’m sure they knew there was a dual carriageway up ahead, so pass them there and give them full set of air horns as you go past to show you displeasure.

And yes I’m not perfect, other road users ■■■■ me off and I get annoyed, and I have been under pressure to make a delivery or get finished before my hours run out or “chase the boat”

UKtramp:
I personally wouldn’t sit up the arse of any vehicle, we all know the dangers of that. If I had this happen to me and I was worried then I would simply pull over and let it past. Only way to resolve a dangerous situation is for one of you to diffuse the situation. Both of you driving in this way ■■■■■■■ each other off is not going to do either of you any good regardless of who is right and who is wrong.

If I read it right all the ag took place on a two way stretch, until he got to the d/c, so unless there was a lay by why should, or indeed how could, he do that?

P Stoff:
Uktramp.
Thanks for input. I will send you any of my posts my message first and then you can tell me if worthy of posting. I didn’t realise the protocol. I foolishly thought it was a forum.

I grovel in your presence

Good idea, if everyone adopted this stance then yes I agree this forum would indeed be the very best it could be. I could filter out the idiots that reside on here.

happysack:
I presume you joined the A9 to the south of Blair Athol? You matched his speed on the short slip road? But he then accelerated “uphill”? You didn’t see the company name because he was too close to the back of the caravan? 2 miles after you joined the A9, you got to a dual carriageway, what happened next? My guess is that in typical cockwomble fashion you put the foot down until the end of the twin track at the pitlochry split. Then you’d have regained your road commander position and sat at 50mph until the next dual… etc etc. As someone said earlier you can sit on the limiter from Perth to Inverness and back again without getting a ticket.

So whatever happened according to your theory breaking the law and the speed limit is correct procedure and observing the speed limit is wrong and I am impeding a lorry by driving at 50 on a road that is 50. All I can say is thank God I am packing in when my dcpc card runs out.

muckles:

robroy:

P Stoff:

Ok here goes.
I certainly aint whiter than white either, I have and sometimes do go over the limit on occasions, and all the rest of it, I aint a saint, I’m just an ordinary trucker, anybody who denies they do not or never have is a [zb] liar.

Rather than just as you said, call you a [zb] and deal with the situation in a ‘‘Professional’’ manner…ie back off and just let it go.

You are up against those in your car and caravan (btw I aint a caravan fan by any means either :smiling_imp: ) who are too thick to realise you do not drive a truck like a car, combined with those pricks who have no backbone, and regularly succumb to office pressure to go like a [zb] idiot.all day long on the limiter to the point of not having the time to stop for a ■■■■.

Unlike you I aint wearing a tin hat as I aint bothered a [zb] what those type of d/heads I mention will or won’t say to me, so I’ll.take some of the flak for you mate. :smiley:

I think I’m with you Rob, if as a driver you can’t cope with other vehicle getting in your way, even if you think they are [zb]'s for the manoeuvre they pulled or the speed they are driving, then maybe you need to take anger management course, maybe another DCPC module :wink: :wink: or give up before you make yourself Ill with the stress of it. If it had been a local driver I’m sure they knew there was a dual carriageway up ahead, so pass them there and give them full set of air horns as you go past to show you displeasure.

And yes I’m not perfect, other road users ■■■■ me off and I get annoyed, and I have been under pressure to make a delivery or get finished before my hours run out or “chase the boat”

As I said, I aint perfect, (yeh I know… hard to believe eh? :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: ) and I get ■■■■■■ with others on the road. For example the cut in almost overtakers :smiling_imp: , I want to rip their ■■■■ heads off EVERY time, I just can not help myself :blush: …but in reality I never have, or would do.
You need to rise above all this type of ■■■■ as a pro.

robroy:

UKtramp:

If I read it right all the ag took place on a two way stretch, until he got to the d/c, so unless there was a lay by why should, or indeed how could, he do that?

Quite easily rob, it’s not a great idea for two drivers driving in a manner that endangers themselves and others, it would be far safer to simply slow down on a stretch of road where the lorry could overtake him safely. It isn’t rocket science and isn’t a case of who is in the right so I am going to sit here and hold this lunatic up. I would resolve the situation myself even if it involves me putting myself out rather than have someone sat up my ■■■ endangering me.