Class 1 drivers think they are so superior

Juddian:

Carryfast:

mozzy666:
Anybody know where I can get some of the good wall’s ehh artick roll at this time its put me in the mood somehow … :frowning: :question: confused :blush: .

It isn’t Walls Arctic Roll it is Birds Eye and you’ll find it at the local Bejam frozen foods supermarket. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Bejam■■? are they between Green Shield Stamps and Woolies just down the road from Fine Fare?

Sounds about right although around here Woolies is in Hook and Fine Fare and Bejams are on opposite sides of the road in Tolworth and Fine Fare do the Green Shield Stamps. :wink: :laughing:

Radar19:
I’d like to see you try and negotiate some of the places I have to go to with this.

Get your head out of your arse for two seconds buddy.

I’m not impressed, so you drive a 26t truck then…
I take it you deliver to farms in the middle of nowhere then?

Well today I’m in a transit Luton. Can I get any lower? Haha no tachometer and no stress. Same pay as when I’m driving Class 1. Tomorrow might be a bike …

Carryfast:
Sounds about right although around here Woolies is in Hook and Fine Fare and Bejams are on opposite sides of the road in Tolworth and Fine Fare do the Green Shield Stamps. :wink: :laughing:

Does anyone still do Green Shield Stamps, I’ve still got half a book I haven’t completed yet :laughing: :laughing:

Goldilox:
Page 3 of this thread is stretched and very wide on my computer.

Too many arctic rolls perhaps? Or Artic Trolls?

Or too much w*lly waving?? :astonished: :blush: :smiley:

Very good… :slight_smile:
Ive been trying to think of a way to insert spotted ■■■■ and jam rolypoly into the conversation for a while.
Its about time these old family favourite comfort foods made a come back.

[No rude innuendos intended, and the bit about my spotted ■■■■ experience with a jam rolypoly and some semolina hasn’t made the final edit]

DAF95XF:

Radar19:
I’d like to see you try and negotiate some of the places I have to go to with this.

Second that I took a six wheeler with rear steer and a moffat, and it was hard work compared to artic. The bonus was that it was less drops, but totally agree rigids are trickier around town.

I’m not impressed, so you drive a 26t truck then…
I take it you deliver to farms in the middle of nowhere then?

ckm1981:

desypete:
if dirving class 1 is the same as driving the dinky toys class 2 then we wouldn’t need to have 2 separate licenses, we have class 1 and class 2 for a reason

class 1 is so very different than a class 2 dinky toy, you can take a class 2 anywhere down any road and if its a dead end you can shunt about to turn around for example, were as if an artic had made that mistake there stuck and need a crane to get them to turn around hence you need to have some decent brains to make sure you dont end up in that sort of postion. let alone reversing in tight spots, you need to have a good knowledge that only comes with experience of course but still its a huge pain in the backside for most class 1 drivers who lack that experience hence many stay at class 2 as its an easy job

i dont flash class 2 drivers over on the motorway very often as it see it that they have to learn there size and not rely on being flashed and its amazing just how long they actualy think they are as they are to scared to pull back in and go on for miles before they think there clear, the only time flash them back in is if there is an artic behind them and there holding them up as they can not make up there mind can they come in or not

so its for the other artic driver that i would help out in that situation, as we do look out for each other.

Lol @ this guy,was it him who was giving it beans?
Don’t overestimate your talents fella,we just drive lorries not perform brain surgery.

+1

dieseldog999:
the bit i dont dont get is that obviously class 1 drivers are superior beings in truckieland bar none…so that being the case,how come driving an artic is a doddle and driving a wagon and drag is a days work especially when trying to reverse,if your in an artic,then you can at least reverse out of the occasional ballsup whereas the easyest way for a w&d is a airlift with a chinnook…obviously class 2 rigid dosent come into the equation being the dinky toys that they are… :slight_smile:

I drove a wagon and drag once,and that’s all it was,never again,that is hard work,it was an A frame as well,ended up driving into the warehouse and turning in one ,luckily the warehouse was massive

I cant stop Yawning :neutral_face:

JIMBO47:
Thank kf something put a smile on my face this morning…so following desypetes line o thinking myself,jelliot, NMM and others on here must be superhero gods looking down on everyone else with distain because we pull multi trailers!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: . GTF .as long as im getting paid the same money the less wheels the better,hell ive volunteered to take the works pickup intae the city for spares many times . 2,3,4,6,8,11 axles who the hell in there right mind cares as long as you are happy in what you do.
jimmy …shaking his head in dispare at what the job has become!

+1

Radar19:

Put a dangler on the end of that - then repost.

btw - have you got that stuck under there? :wink:

Goldilox:
Page 3 of this thread is stretched and very wide on my computer.

Mine went scatty on page 2 :exclamation:

the maoster:
Well done Dessy, you couldn’t have got more bites if you’d dipped your pecker in Marmite and lobbed it in the Amazon. Top trolling dude. :smiley: :smiley:

Does that make him an arctic troll? Ba doom tish! :smiley:

just remembered,i used to work for a company called superior freight as a class 1 ,does that count,lol

desypete:
if dirving class 1 is the same as driving the dinky toys class 2 then we wouldn’t need to have 2 separate licenses, we have class 1 and class 2 for a reason

class 1 is so very different than a class 2 dinky toy, you can take a class 2 anywhere down any road and if its a dead end you can shunt about to turn around for example, were as if an artic had made that mistake there stuck and need a crane to get them to turn around hence you need to have some decent brains to make sure you dont end up in that sort of postion. let alone reversing in tight spots, you need to have a good knowledge that only comes with experience of course but still its a huge pain in the backside for most class 1 drivers who lack that experience hence many stay at class 2 as its an easy job

i dont flash class 2 drivers over on the motorway very often as it see it that they have to learn there size and not rely on being flashed and its amazing just how long they actualy think they are as they are to scared to pull back in and go on for miles before they think there clear, the only time flash them back in is if there is an artic behind them and there holding them up as they can not make up there mind can they come in or not

so its for the other artic driver that i would help out in that situation, as we do look out for each other.

the only reason there is a separate license for class 2 and class 1 is so that someone out there can make a lot of money out of us

Just to let you guys now desypete won’t be on today,he has got himself stuck up his own arse and although he is a far superior driver than anyone else with his class one licence he can’t see to get himself out.

littleben:
the only reason there is a separate license for class 2 and class 1 is so that someone out there can make a lot of money out of us

+1
Ive always felt this. Two seperate licenses = double the fees to be paid. Someone else might be able to correct me here but I believe the driver shortage of today can be traced back to the day it became neccessery to pay for two license catagories so most people only go for 1 as its cheaper.

The-Snowman:

littleben:

+1
Ive always felt this. Two seperate licenses = double the fees to be paid. Someone else might be able to correct me here but I believe the driver shortage of today can be traced back to the day it became neccessery to pay for two license catagories so most people only go for 1 as its cheaper.

you could have done a class 1 with only a prov car licence so yep 1 test…

I’ve noticed this issue between so called class 1 and class 2 drivers and as a class 2 driver I do everything in my power to ■■■■ up a class 1 drivers day. eg big fat heavy class 1 driver uses downhill momentum to try to overtake my little class 2 van. He gets almost past but cant pull back in without killing the both of us and anyone else nearby. Now, looking at trucknet I understand I should ease off and let the bigger lorry in even though his non downhill speed is slower than mine. That’s the way it goes … bigger lorry = bigger respect. If I was in a bendy he wouldn’t have any beef, but cos im in a lesser class im a ■■■■ for not slowing down and flashing him in just so i have to overtake him again.

But Ho Ho, I stand my ground and leave the class 1 stuck in the middle lane for five minutes until he has to pull in behind me with a blaring of horns (from kingoftheroad.com) and a flashing of 10000 bling lights.

I’ve even been confronted for filling up a 7.5tonne at the hgv pumps by a pompous tanker driver … Guess what? he was a small man in a big lorry full of self importance. Didnt even realise that I could have been driving a 3.5t van and still need to use the HGV pump for key fuels.

Class 1 my arse … you are just one step up from the photocopier bod in an office.

I used to be a quite reasonable driver until I found this site.

well i think i have stumbled into a hornets nest of class 2 driver on this thread

i guess all the real bendy drivers dont come on here these days anymore just the super star dinky drivers who believe they could drive a class one yet they know in there hearts they would ■■■■ themselves if they got in one let alone know how the hell to reverse one

one point i do agree with is they should get rid of class 2 and everyone should be class 1 trained you will see a much better quality of driving as i would trust most class 1 drivers anytime, but i wouldnt give the keys of a unit to a class 2 as i know what would happen, bridges being hit as the muppets dont know the height, chasing around like there a dogem car driver in a bendy will not cut it at all so they will have to learn how to drive all over again

i will leave reversing out of it as they will just have to gain experience to master that art

so in a nut shell class 2 drivers have a lot to learn. there is a huge difference and to be honest class 2 drivers should be on a lot less money than a class 1 so it reflects the skill difference correctly