Class 1 drivers think they are so superior

desypete:
well i think i have stumbled into a hornets nest of class 2 driver on this thread

i guess all the real bendy drivers dont come on here these days anymore just the super star dinky drivers who believe they could drive a class one yet they know in there hearts they would [zb] themselves if they got in one let alone know how the hell to reverse one

one point i do agree with is they should get rid of class 2 and everyone should be class 1 trained you will see a much better quality of driving as i would trust most class 1 drivers anytime, but i wouldnt give the keys of a unit to a class 2 as i know what would happen, bridges being hit as the muppets dont know the height, chasing around like there a dogem car driver in a bendy will not cut it at all so they will have to learn how to drive all over again

i will leave reversing out of it as they will just have to gain experience to master that art

so in a nut shell class 2 drivers have a lot to learn. there is a huge difference and to be honest class 2 drivers should be on a lot less money than a class 1 so it reflects the skill difference correctly

I’m a class one driver but i still think your full of ■■■■.

nick2008:

The-Snowman:

littleben:
the only reason there is a separate license for class 2 and class 1 is so that someone out there can make a lot of money out of us

+1
Ive always felt this. Two seperate licenses = double the fees to be paid. Someone else might be able to correct me here but I believe the driver shortage of today can be traced back to the day it became neccessery to pay for two license catagories so most people only go for 1 as its cheaper.

you could have done a class 1 with only a prov car licence so yep 1 test…

Eh?
Not sure what you mean. When I younger you could go for your class 1 at 21yrs old. This covered all sizes of vehicle. Then they changed it to the format we have today.
Are you saying back then you could go for a class 1 license with only a prov car license?

desypete:
well i think i have stumbled into a hornets nest of class 2 driver on this thread

i guess all the real bendy drivers dont come on here these days anymore just the super star dinky drivers who believe they could drive a class one yet they know in there hearts they would [zb] themselves if they got in one let alone know how the hell to reverse one

one point i do agree with is they should get rid of class 2 and everyone should be class 1 trained you will see a much better quality of driving as i would trust most class 1 drivers anytime, but i wouldnt give the keys of a unit to a class 2 as i know what would happen, bridges being hit as the muppets dont know the height, chasing around like there a dogem car driver in a bendy will not cut it at all so they will have to learn how to drive all over again

i will leave reversing out of it as they will just have to gain experience to master that art

so in a nut shell class 2 drivers have a lot to learn. there is a huge difference and to be honest class 2 drivers should be on a lot less money than a class 1 so it reflects the skill difference correctly

Obviously your limited sheltered artic driving life has left you unable to understand the irony of when class 3 meant up to around a 5 axle 60 foot drawbar outfit.Let alone class 2 and the difference in respective skill levels required for reversing either v an artic.Although saying that I was unlucky enough to spend more/most of my time driving 4 axle artics than 5 axle A frame drawbars so my reversing skills were wasted for all those years. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Desypete … I think you are a troll chuckling away, but just incase you aren’t …you keep blathering on about reversing, but that seems to be the only difference twixt class 1 and 2 according to you. I can drive a class 2 and i can reverse a caravan QED I can do everything an artic driver can. Plus I get payed loads for a 40 hour week.

Stuff you, you ■■■■ nut

Carryfast:

desypete:

Obviously your limited sheltered artic driving life has left you unable to understand the irony of when class 3 meant up to around a 5 axle 60 foot drawbar outfit.Let alone class 2 and the difference in respective skill levels required for reversing either v an artic.Although saying that I was unlucky enough to spend more/most of my time driving 4 axle artics than 5 axle A frame drawbars so my reversing skills were wasted for all those years. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

i have driven all classes my friend and also done a lot of showmen loads around the country with muilti combinations

used to do stobbarts a frames years ago they were far easier to reverse than a bendy for my money although you did need more room but once you got the hang of them the fact they bend in the middle really helps out a lot

as for dolly work and muilti combinations like a unit / prime mover locked onto a 40fot trailer via a dolly then a 30ft caravan on the back of that its increadable how we can get those loads around even if it does require a lot of good judgment as you can end up stuck even on a roundabout with those types of loads so every inch can make the difference

you should have a go at trying to reverse muilti trailers at the same time its a pain in the ■■■■ and i am certainly no expert at that type of job but i do know some guys who can reverse multi combos with ease but of course they have been born into that game and done it all there life but it certainly does impress me

sorry i can not say the same for a dinky toy driver strugling to get onto a loading bay as it just doesnt seem any sort of challenge

The-Snowman:
Eh?
Not sure what you mean. When I younger you could go for your class 1 at 21yrs old. This covered all sizes of vehicle. Then they changed it to the format we have today.
Are you saying back then you could go for a class 1 license with only a prov car license?

Correct. I did my class 3 with two sets of L plates on, one for HGV and one for car, passed that, didn’t bother with class 2 and went straight to class 1 next. I have in them days seen class 1 vehicles with two sets of L plates on as the driver didn’t have a full car licence. Interestingly and quite obviously too if you think about it you CANNOT drive on the Motorway when doing dual lessons.

the maoster:

The-Snowman:
Eh?

Correct. I did my class 3 with two sets of L plates on, one for HGV and one for car, passed that, didn’t bother with class 2 and went straight to class 1 next. I have in them days seen class 1 vehicles with two sets of L plates on as the driver didn’t have a full car licence. Interestingly and quite obviously too if you think about it you CANNOT drive on the Motorway when doing dual lessons.

So is that why the format was changed? I always thought it was for money,with the safety aspect (Needing to build up to the biggest) as the official version. But was it actually just to close a loophole?

I honestly have no idea Snowman if that’s why they changed it. Imo it wasn’t really a loophole as such as I reckon it stands to reason that if you could handle (a then) 32 toone truck you should be able to manage a family saloon. Probably at the behest of some MP who happened to be a director of a training company I’d wager.

desypete:

Carryfast:

desypete:

i have driven all classes my friend and also done a lot of showmen loads around the country with muilti combinations

used to do stobbarts a frames years ago they were far easier to reverse than a bendy for my money although you did need more room but once you got the hang of them the fact they bend in the middle really helps out a lot

as for dolly work and muilti combinations like a unit / prime mover locked onto a 40fot trailer via a dolly then a 30ft caravan on the back of that its increadable how we can get those loads around even if it does require a lot of good judgment as you can end up stuck even on a roundabout with those types of loads so every inch can make the difference

you should have a go at trying to reverse muilti trailers at the same time its a pain in the ■■■■ and i am certainly no expert at that type of job but i do know some guys who can reverse multi combos with ease but of course they have been born into that game and done it all there life but it certainly does impress me

sorry i can not say the same for a dinky toy driver strugling to get onto a loading bay as it just doesnt seem any sort of challenge

Are you sure that those Stobart outfits weren’t actually just close coupled as opposed to A frame being that by definition two points of articulation are more difficult to reverse than just one.

As for showmens transport as I said,like other proper drawbar outfits,the skills needed to handle those with the ‘ease’ you mentioned will more likely have been learn’t by starting out on a ( often 8 wheeler ) rigid then putting a drawbar trailer on the back.As opposed to having any connection whatsoever to the handling of an artic or thereby any need to even learn how to handle an artic.As for putting another drawbar trailer on the back of a drawbar trailer I’ve never been lucky enough to try it.But it will just obviously be twice as difficult as reversing one drawbar trailer and the four points of articulation would still require totally different steering inputs than the three points of articulation of an artic pulling a drawbar trailer would.In which case even you seem to admit that handling proper outfits in the form of drawbars takes more skill than artics.While artics are just a special unique type of vehicle which technically need a different approach to drawbars but which ultimately need less skill to reverse than drawbars because of the single point of articulation.

Which is why so many drawbar operators have gone for the close coupled idea as opposed to A frames to make them easier for artic trained and familiar drivers to handle. :unamused:

Therefore no I don’t agree that a class 1 licence was ever relevant to driving drawbar outfits nor should it have automatically covered them.As opposed to rigid drivers learning how to drive a rigid and ‘proper’ trailer/s on the job.

As for the caravan no chance that will need to be uncoupled and shifted out of the way first or its going to be toast. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

truckman020:

dieseldog999:
the bit i dont dont get is that obviously class 1 drivers are superior beings in truckieland bar none…so that being the case,how come driving an artic is a doddle and driving a wagon and drag is a days work especially when trying to reverse,if your in an artic,then you can at least reverse out of the occasional ballsup whereas the easyest way for a w&d is a airlift with a chinnook…obviously class 2 rigid dosent come into the equation being the dinky toys that they are… :slight_smile:

I ove a wagon and drag once,and that’s all it was,never again,that is hard work,it was an A frame as well,ended up driving into the warehouse and turning in one ,luckily the warehouse was massive

same for me,took one out a few times years ago,who would be bothered with the extra hassle for not a lot of extra wages…back to each to their own again,

the maoster:

The-Snowman:
Eh?

Correct.

+1.In addition to that fact that a class 3 covered 38 t gross 2+3 drawbars.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter a fig how big or small what you drive is…

You’re just a driver.

Mr Physick:
At the end of the day it doesn’t matter a fig how big or small what you drive is…

You’re just a driver.

and a non skilled one at that… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

Mr Physick:

You’re just a driver.

I’m confused now, does this mean I have a large Todger or a small one? :open_mouth:

Carryfast:

desypete:

Carryfast:

desypete:

Are you sure that those Stobart outfits weren’t actually just close coupled as opposed to A frame being that by definition two points of articulation are more difficult to reverse than just one.

As for showmens transport as I said,like other proper drawbar outfits,the skills needed to handle those with the ‘ease’ you mentioned will more likely have been learn’t by starting out on a ( often 8 wheeler ) rigid then putting a drawbar trailer on the back.As opposed to having any connection whatsoever to the handling of an artic or thereby any need to even learn how to handle an artic.As for putting another drawbar trailer on the back of a drawbar trailer I’ve never been lucky enough to try it.But it will just obviously be twice as difficult as reversing one drawbar trailer.In which case even you seem to admit that handling proper outfits in the form of drawbars takes more skill than artics.While artics are just a special unique type of vehicle which technically need a different approach to drawbars but which ultimately need less skill to reverse than drawbars because of the single point of articulation.

Which is why so many drawbar operators have gone for the close coupled idea as opposed to A frames to make them easier for artic trained and familiar drivers to handle. :unamused:

Therefore no I don’t agree that a class 1 licence was ever relevant to driving drawbar outfits nor should it have automatically covered them.As opposed to rigid drivers learning how to drive a rigid and ‘proper’ trailer/s on the job.

As for the caravan no chance that will need to be uncoupled and shifted out of the way first or its going to be toast. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

As for the caravan no chance that will need to be uncoupled and shifted out of the way first or its going to be toast

i dont know where on earth you would get the idea a caravan would need to be uncoupled before reversing or it would be toast ?

you clearly have no idea of how showmens loads get lugged around

to make it a bit easyier for you have a look on you tube have a look at aus road trains putting them on loading bays and you will be in for a shock at how good some of those guys are with multi trailers really are

you might not have expereince of muilti trailers but i have and believe me i am by no were near as good as some guys i know and they only have there class 1 as they have to have the 1 or pass a test that will let them drive a 2 with a trailer

so either way you will see that compared to a class 2 who for the sake of being clear can not attach a trailer on the arse end class one drivers are for more superior in the skill.

we should do away with 2 and everyone be 1 trained the standard of driving will improve no end in my eyes, either that or pay class 1 drivers a lot more to reflect the much needed skill they need o have

BillyHunt:

dieseldog999:

Mr Physick:

You’re just a driver.

I’m confused now, does this mean I have a large Todger or a small one? :open_mouth:

small one of course we all know bendy drivers have small knobs hence we drive big things and have no brains, they recon it all stems from childhood and being teased in the showers at school. we all understand what its like to have people point at your knob and laugh i feel sorry for anyone in this world who has to go through life with a small knob, either on there heads or in there pants its a crying shame and we should do something about it

I think there are some delusional people on here who think they are Class 1 drivers, you can only call yourself an HGV Class 1 driver if you passed a Class 1 test, the rest of you are the low life EU victims of the C and C&E tests, stop trying to big your selves up.

As the wife says “it doesn’t matter what size it is, it’s how you use it”…I think she was talking about the truck, not sure mind :unamused: :unamused:

desypete:

Carryfast:

As for showmens transport as I said,like other proper drawbar outfits,the skills needed to handle those with the ‘ease’ you mentioned will more likely have been learn’t by starting out on a ( often 8 wheeler ) rigid then putting a drawbar trailer on the back.As opposed to having any connection whatsoever to the handling of an artic or thereby any need to even learn how to handle an artic.As for putting another drawbar trailer on the back of a drawbar trailer I’ve never been lucky enough to try it.But it will just obviously be twice as difficult as reversing one drawbar trailer.In which case even you seem to admit that handling proper outfits in the form of drawbars takes more skill than artics.While artics are just a special unique type of vehicle which technically need a different approach to drawbars but which ultimately need less skill to reverse than drawbars because of the single point of articulation.

i dont know where on earth you would get the idea a caravan would need to be uncoupled before reversing or it would be toast ?

you clearly have no idea of how showmens loads get lugged around

to make it a bit easyier for you have a look on you tube have a look at aus road trains putting them on loading bays and you will be in for a shock at how good some of those guys are with multi trailers really are

you might not have expereince of muilti trailers but i have and believe me i am by no were near as good as some guys i know and they only have there class 1 as they have to have the 1 or pass a test that will let them drive a 2 with a trailer

so either way you will see that compared to a class 2 who for the sake of being clear can not attach a trailer on the arse end class one drivers are for more superior in the skill.

we should do away with 2 and everyone be 1 trained the standard of driving will improve no end in my eyes, either that or pay class 1 drivers a lot more to reflect the much needed skill they need o have

I think I’ve got enough of an ‘idea’ of what it takes reverse just one drawbar trailer,let alone two,to know that ‘if’ there was a caravan coupled up on the back of all that needing to be reversed at the same time it’s going to be a more difficult to control or even see liabilty than even one,let alone both,of the trailer A frame/bogies. :open_mouth: :laughing:

As for the class 2,or 3,as I said the idea of needing to ‘pass a test’ to pull a trailer or two with a rigid was an EU imposed ruling as part of the change from class 3 and 2 to C and C+E with grandfather rights applying regards same.While as I’ve said there really is no connection whatsoever between driving a drawbar outfit v an artic either forwards or backwards with the drawbar arguably needing the more skill.Therefore it is possible that at least some of those drivers who you regard as being able to handle a multi trailer combination ‘with ease’ have never actually ‘passed a test’ on anything more than a 6 or 8,maybe even 4,wheeler rigid. :bulb: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

OTS:
I cant stop Yawning :neutral_face:

try sleeping,works wonders[not when your driving though]