Class 1 drivers think they are so superior

untitled (2).png

tango boy:
What are arctics please■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

An Arctic roll is a British dessert made of vanilla ice cream wrapped in a thin layer of sponge cake to form a roll, with a layer of raspberry flavoured sauce between the sponge and the ice cream. Wikipedia

Radar19:

desypete:
i see i seem to have upset the odd class 2 driver with my comments, oh dear !!!

if you can not stand to hear the truth or what some class 1 drivers really think about the class 2 then dont ask the question

it is true driving class 2 are considered dinky toy drivers by class 1 drivers with good reason, there much smaller than us, there easier to drive and far far easy to reverse, the only down side to them is hand balling. but then like i say i leave that sort of work to those who dont have much brains in the first place to end up having to handball loads

also i have always been a lazy git when it comes down to that sort of thing

oh i must say sorry for any spelling mistakes as i would hate to offend those who are hooked in spelling so please accept my sincere apologizes for any spelling mistakes as i really would hate to offend

I’d like to see you try and negotiate some of the places I have to go to with this.

Get your head out of your arse for two seconds buddy.

you can not be serious ?
you honeslty think geting that small thing in and out of places is a problem ?

stick to driving that dinky toy mate if you think getting that thing around is a job then you will be in for a shock should you try a bendy

the only job that i consider really hard on the game is dolly work now when you can back up a trailer on a dolly your ok in my book,

sorry my firend but your truck is just a small dinky toy and you will have no problems at all getting in and out of tight spaces if you do then you shouldnt be given the keys to it let alone a chance to have a go on the big stuff

Bugger me, is this thread a perfect example of when in a hole stop digging.

Desy i’m embarrassed and it aint me saying these things.

Toddy2:

tango boy:

An Arctic roll is a British dessert made of vanilla ice cream wrapped in a thin layer of sponge cake to form a roll, with a layer of raspberry flavoured sauce between the sponge and the ice cream. Wikipedia

arctic roll yum yum :stuck_out_tongue:

desypete:

Juddian:
I’m getting a sense of deju vue here, about a million years ago in the fair town of Wisbech a big juggernaut low loader driver (Ford D1000 tractor unit) told me to move my puddle jumper cos he’d hate to hit it and flatten it…no he didn’t get the irony of his bravado nor did the web footed monkey co pilot he had with him either…wasn’t you Desy was it?

no i was the web footed monkey he had with him.

i can not honestly believe class 2 drivers think there just as good as a class 1 drivers and indeed some even think they have a harder time of reversing there trucks than an arctic would etc

i would of thought it was a wind up if i hadn’t read the comments made by some in this thread

i guess these same class 2 drivers go to work in a cheese cloth shirt, wear the big cowboy boots have a cb radio and one of those stupid name plates in there window ? god knows who on earth they think reads there name on the truck but i guess because they sit up high it must have that sort of effect on them ? i dont know maybe one of you guys could explain it ?

but seriously, how can anyone compare the 2 different jobs we even get paid different rates and the harder job gets the higher rate what more proof is there to be had ? class 1 gets the higher rate but maybe class 2 should get the higher rate ? maybe i am totaly wrong and you guys are right ?

I think you missed the point that if its all about being paid for the most elite job then drawbar drivers would/should be paid more than artic drivers while remembering that the only reason why a rigid pulling a ( proper ) trailer has been brought down to the level of an ‘artic’ in terms of licence category is because the EU says so. :unamused: :laughing: Bearing in mind that ‘drawbar drivers’ would also include rigid ballast prime mover and drawbar trailer heavy haulage outfit configuration.In which case as usual its the artic outfit which ultimately loses the weight capacity race. :wink: Trust me driving artics is nothing special.Whereas driving rigids and trailers certainly is.

:smiley:

Goldilox:
Who are they giving beans to, you or each other? Sound a couple of hotpots to me.

:laughing: :laughing: ill hav mine with chips pls

Let me see now…

class 2 drivers are crap.jpg

desypete:

Juddian:
I’m getting a sense of deju vue here, about a million years ago in the fair town of Wisbech a big juggernaut low loader driver (Ford D1000 tractor unit) told me to move my puddle jumper cos he’d hate to hit it and flatten it…no he didn’t get the irony of his bravado nor did the web footed monkey co pilot he had with him either…wasn’t you Desy was it?

no i was the web footed monkey he had with him.

i can not honestly believe class 2 drivers think there just as good as a class 1 drivers and indeed some even think they have a harder time of reversing there trucks than an arctic would etc

i would of thought it was a wind up if i hadn’t read the comments made by some in this thread

i guess these same class 2 drivers go to work in a cheese cloth shirt, wear the big cowboy boots have a cb radio and one of those stupid name plates in there window ? god knows who on earth they think reads there name on the truck but i guess because they sit up high it must have that sort of effect on them ? i dont know maybe one of you guys could explain it ?

but seriously, how can anyone compare the 2 different jobs we even get paid different rates and the harder job gets the higher rate what more proof is there to be had ? class 1 gets the higher rate but maybe class 2 should get the higher rate ? maybe i am totaly wrong and you guys are right ?

Honestly mate, there might have been a time about 30/40 years ago when a fully loaded artic required some skill and considerable strength to drive, especially if you wanted to do so properly, what with no power steering handball loads and ropes and sheets for every load, but you can’t possibly still believe the same is true now, any bloody fool can pilot a modern artic, its only a case of selecting D pressing resume and listening to your plugged in ipod thingy.
Nobody gives a toss if you hit things drive over every kerb in the country or even turn it over.

As i pointed out in an above post i made a £5k a year (and about 20 hours a week) gain when i left artic work and went driving a van, why would anyone with an ounce of sense not do the same.

I’m kinda hoping our lot invest in a rigid tank for some of the more inaccessible delivery points, my hand’ll be the first one up and the money will be the same.

ckm1981:

desypete:
if dirving class 1 is the same as driving the dinky toys class 2 then we wouldn’t need to have 2 separate licenses, we have class 1 and class 2 for a reason

class 1 is so very different than a class 2 dinky toy, you can take a class 2 anywhere down any road and if its a dead end you can shunt about to turn around for example, were as if an artic had made that mistake there stuck and need a crane to get them to turn around hence you need to have some decent brains to make sure you dont end up in that sort of postion. let alone reversing in tight spots, you need to have a good knowledge that only comes with experience of course but still its a huge pain in the backside for most class 1 drivers who lack that experience hence many stay at class 2 as its an easy job

i dont flash class 2 drivers over on the motorway very often as it see it that they have to learn there size and not rely on being flashed and its amazing just how long they actualy think they are as they are to scared to pull back in and go on for miles before they think there clear, the only time flash them back in is if there is an artic behind them and there holding them up as they can not make up there mind can they come in or not

so its for the other artic driver that i would help out in that situation, as we do look out for each other.

Lol @ this guy,was it him who was giving it beans?
Don’t overestimate your talents fella,we just drive lorries not perform brain surgery.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

desypete:

matamoros:
Just to be pedantic Class 1,2 & 3 licences have not existed since 1990…C, C+E ring a bell :slight_smile:

Oh and it’s a licence not a license as in driving licence, I will license my car :slight_smile:

thank you for not being a bit pedantic, and for correcting any or all spelling mistakes, but as you can tell or maybe you can not tell as you might just be a stobbart photographer fan for all i know ?
but i am a bit of an old school driver, so i tend to use old lingo.
Eton twin split will sound like an ice cream serving i guess to you ? but to a bendy driver they will understand what i am on about. ( i will let you Google the answer if indeed you dont know what it refers to ? )

can you tell me what a digi card is for please ? as i keep on putting a pound coin in the slot and it keeps on flashing me something about wrong type inserted oh and where have they put the starting handles in these new trucks anyone know
thanks for any help

Class 1 licence from 1971, don’t need google or anything else to tell me what a twin splitter, roadranger,david brown six speed, eaton two speed axle or any of the other gearboxes, vehicles that I have driven in 48 years involvement in road haulage. :slight_smile:

Not too worried about spelling mistakes but licence and license is an americanism and that I do not like :slight_smile:

Toddy2:

tango boy:

My grandma used to give the tribe of us ARCTIC roll for our tea as a treat…best not to leave standing too long or the ice cream starts to melt and makes the sponge soggy :cry: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

wirksworth rod:

Goldilox:
Who are they giving beans to, you or each other? Sound a couple of hotpots to me.

Followed by Arctic Roll ■■

Polish agency rigid drivers are the lowest form of steering wheel attendants :wink: :laughing:

Toddy2:

wirksworth rod:

Goldilox:

Followed by Arctic Roll ■■

:smiley: one slice pls qwick b4 tango boy eats the lot :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Desy mate,hole digging 101. When your standing in the hole,STOP DIGGING!

ckm1981:
It’s true,I sometimes have to go out in a rigid and when I was out in Wales I went a drop and an artic driver was waiting to get in the yard which I s bit awkward in a artic,as i was getting ready to go he said to me “it’s alright for you in that little thing,you wanna try in a artic” I just said yeah ok mate,couldn’t be arsed to tell him I have driven artics since 2006.
Also a lot of artic drivers tend not to flash rigids in on motorways ect.

last week I must have flashed in about a dozen 7.5 tonne wagons,two replied with a thanks,i don’t bother anymore,and as a hgv1 driver I don’t even bother with fellow class1 drivers anymore quite a few are just as ignorant,makes me laugh this I DRIVE A BIGGER VEHICLE THAN YOU mentality,end of the day we are all drivers,irrelevant of the size of vehicle,from vans upwards we all have to put up with the same crap day in day out,and it will never change

switchlogic:
You only have to come on here to see how lorry drivers like to make out it’s the toughest job in the world and no one is more important. I’ve experienced this too when on agency. Some artic drivers seem to think they are sat at the top of some tree, better than all others

Wheras we all know its the lorry and drag drivers :laughing:

desypete:

Radar19:

desypete:
i see i seem to have upset the odd class 2 driver with my comments, oh dear !!!

if you can not stand to hear the truth or what some class 1 drivers really think about the class 2 then dont ask the question

it is true driving class 2 are considered dinky toy drivers by class 1 drivers with good reason, there much smaller than us, there easier to drive and far far easy to reverse, the only down side to them is hand balling. but then like i say i leave that sort of work to those who dont have much brains in the first place to end up having to handball loads

also i have always been a lazy git when it comes down to that sort of thing

oh i must say sorry for any spelling mistakes as i would hate to offend those who are hooked in spelling so please accept my sincere apologizes for any spelling mistakes as i really would hate to offend

I’d like to see you try and negotiate some of the places I have to go to with this.

Get your head out of your arse for two seconds buddy.

you can not be serious ?
you honeslty think geting that small thing in and out of places is a problem ?

stick to driving that dinky toy mate if you think getting that thing around is a job then you will be in for a shock should you try a bendy

the only job that i consider really hard on the game is dolly work now when you can back up a trailer on a dolly your ok in my book,

sorry my firend but your truck is just a small dinky toy and you will have no problems at all getting in and out of tight spaces if you do then you shouldnt be given the keys to it let alone a chance to have a go on the big stuff

Whats your job? Fridge work? Unless you are hauling the heavy stuff you aren’t anything special.

My first week on class 1. Its dawned on me that I am now a proper trucker.

eagerbeaver:
My first week on class 1. Its dawned on me that I am now a proper trucker.

no your not :grimacing: