Cat C Test tomorrow morning

Got my test tomorrow morning in chelmsford,& i am bricking it. Has anyone got any tips for nerves. Wish i had a quid for every time my friends have said don’t worry you’ll be ok. Today didn’t go too bad,but i think some where on the front of the truck it says, pull out in front of me .

try to get the examiner talking, it helped me no end on my class 1 and i passed with 7 minors and i am crap at exams and driving tests, if you can chat and drive safely at the same time you will fly round the test!

good luck anyway mate

If there was a cure for test nerves and I could find it then I’d be a millionaire :slight_smile:

Not that this is going to be any help but it is only in your brain so only you can control them - see, I told you - no help is it :exclamation:

I read in the book ‘Mind Driving’ that FEAR is a big factor where nerves are concerned - fear of failing :question: - I’m no sycol X sphyc X physclist X - BRAIN expert :exclamation:

Good luck.

Tell the examiner to wait at the test centre while you do the test on your own :wink: :laughing:

Giblsa:
try to get the examiner talking, it helped me no end on my class 1 and i passed with 7 minors and i am crap at exams and driving tests, if you can chat and drive safely at the same time you will fly round the test!

good luck anyway mate

i think this is great adcice listen to gibsla! he`l probably even miss the few mistakes if you make any

What time is your test :question:

Just relax remember that at the end of it they wont shoot you or even chop your arm off :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the advice, & good luck wishes. Kick off is at half ten. I’ll let you all know how i get on.

Drive for you - not the person sat in the passenger seat

asksrog and others on here whos seen my nervous post i was a nervous wreck doing my artic (passed rigid before i registered here), just stay calm relax and enjoy ride by time you know itl be over and youl have a nice big shiney blue certificate in hand.

best of luck anyways

Get a good nights sleep and eat something in the morning, my examiner on the third test wouldnt shut up, it took the edge off it and i wasn’t too bad with nerves, a little nerves is good i think, keeps you on you toes, just concentrate like crazy, mirrors, mirrors, mirrors and have a good drive…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: GOOD LUCK!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good Luck with it

Remember what you have been taught keep concentration and forget about the person sat next to you

Good Luck Matey! Just enjoy it!! :smiley:

ROG:
Drive for you - not the person sat in the passenger seat

Great advise :smiley: :smiley:
Good luck :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck!!! :smiley:

Regards
Paul

good luck mate, hope it all goes well :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Good luck I passed Monday at the third attempt he pulled me for undue hesitation and using the gears to slow down .But thats how I drive as Im an old ■■■■.Just take your time like said get him talking .He will ask you what job you do and will be gauging how you react .He will take nerves into account .They are not monsters .Mind you the first tester I had at Kirkham wasnt a HGV tester but a car tester standing in as they were short staffed.What a prat!!

O.M FLYER:
Got my test tomorrow morning in chelmsford,& i am bricking it. Has anyone got any tips for nerves. Wish i had a quid for every time my friends have said don’t worry you’ll be ok. Today didn’t go too bad,but i think some where on the front of the truck it says, pull out in front of me .

I hope you did pass.
My tip is to get a punch bag and repeat to yourself, “Come on! I’m going to do it.”
Psych yourself out of nerves. It worked for me,but I cocked up for taking the eye off the ball.

Oh well i failed. 13 minors 2 serious. Going to try & get another test next week. Drove fine before the test my instructor said that i should, in his words ■■■■ it, but i just went to pieces, still at least i know what to expect next time. Thought i would have got a few minors knocked off for nearly taking out fiesta boy, but no got a serious, the other was for steering, or lack of it.

O.M FLYER:
Oh well i failed. 13 minors 2 serious. Going to try & get another test next week. Drove fine before the test my instructor said that i should, in his words ■■■■ it, but i just went to pieces, still at least i know what to expect next time. Thought i would have got a few minors knocked off for nearly taking out fiesta boy, but no got a serious, the other was for steering, or lack of it.

I think you know that you can right this as you have described exactly what went awry.

**NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: **NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: