Canada for the people who have gone and come back

:open_mouth:

so far this year from January the 1st up to the 1st week of july i have taken home average $830.00 per week,i had 3 weeks off in feb,plus i have worked my nuts off.

Jeez how much was this guy expecting :open_mouth:

why in the last 6 weeks have about 35 European drivers walked from h&r,
canex are snapping them up by the ton.

Perhaps he should join them then :wink:

nobby

Here is a post from NOBBY, This makes good reading also.
Another one coming forward (HOORAY FOR NOBBY)

post posted: Wed May 02, 2007 17:41 pm Post subject: coming back from Canada Reply with quote
hi, Iā€™m an Englishman driving over here, i work for a large company that doesnā€™t have enough work to keep us earning, we get paid by the mile so if the wheels ainā€™t turning, we donā€™t get paid
they say thereā€™s a driver shortage, i donā€™t think thats true, most of the truck stops are busy all day with drivers waiting for loads with this lot they still have 1998 trucks that can just sit, it doesnā€™t cost the firm anything as they donā€™t pay sitting or layover time.
if you do want to come over make sure you get paid waiting for a ā€œdispatchā€ and waiting time at customers loading or picking up,
Iā€™m glad i came over tho, driving through Canada and America the scenery is fantastic and the way they drive cars here is like watching nascar,
the truck stops are clean with good food and quite reasonable prices and free parking and free shower if you fill up with fuel, in nearly all of them, and country music playing aaargh, coffees about 50p not like at the BP is it 3 pound yet

nobby[[/b]

:smiley: Sensible advice from that man :smiley:

still, like he says himself

Iā€™m glad i came over tho

:wink:

Yes it was a good post , explaining the good points ,and the bad, nobody is saying Canada is a bad Country , just pays rubbish wages for the hours you have to do :laughing: .
Nobody wants to work for Zip , regardless how good the country side is, and how many bears dump in your garden, Money is what makes the world go round not bear poop.
Without it you can do nothing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Here is a reply to his post

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 20:37 pm Post subject:

Iā€™m a bit confused here.
You say you take home $830.00 a week. That is approx 415.00 pounds a week. OK not a lot of money by UK standards but is enough for over here.
I dont earn that much (my choice by the way!) & i live comfortably.
It would seem to me that you have unrealistic expectations about what you will earn over here. The pay is on par with the cost of living over here.
Regarding tax. Yes 40% does seem a little high. You donā€™t say if you are married or have kids. However at the end of the year you should get a large proportion of that back.
H&R. Yes i have heard some bad things about them. But if i told you that i work for Kindersley in Saskatoon you would agree that there are a lot of bad things said about them too! A lot of it would be true too!
However, think like this. It is going to take approx 18 months to get landed status, less if you are lucky. Then you can do whatever job you like.
In my humble opinion, worth sticking it out. However, if the grass is greener for you back in the UK then go home. At least you can say you gave it a try!
All the best in what you decide.

It would only seem fair to post this, in the interests of balance :smiley:

I am no genius, but it is obviously a typing error :laughing: , we all make mistakes. even you Montana man, would you like me to post a few :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Montana man says :laughing:

Democracy gives idiots a voice. (How right you are MONTANA MAN) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: . Where did you get that suit from :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi all :laughing: Here is another post from CAN PILOT , Putting his views across, and letting us now some home truths about Canada. Hope this opens some eyes, opened mine even wider :unamused: :unamused:

WELL DONE CAN PILOT
CAN PILOT

New post posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote
now then chaps,
just a few points to clear up.
i have been driving arctics all over Europe for many years. started the 1st of jan 2007 at 0100 hrs from Idaho falls,that shift was about 900 miles in 1 shift,they had no one else to re power the load so what could i do have a full load of lettuce go bad on me,but i am ok with that,no extra pay just the miles.
i have worked every bank holiday,had about 2 Saturdays back at base,most of the time i work till i reach 70 hours reset then go again,i have reset all over the us and Canada.
i have nothing else to do but work,i am single,no debts,no bills,rent,mortgage,
now i am seeing new men coming from the uk,they are taking out big mortgages,loans on cars,some are paying cash for things,then they see what they are earning,they are not too sure about the future,i wAs speaking with one Dutchman earlier this year he was nearly in tears worrying about how to feed his family.
i have this year spoken to 3 Englishmen that have now gone back to the uk they all said its not worth it,work 12/14 days come home only enough time to reset then go again,not enough money to have a life at home.
now a little question,
why do the government of Canada keep sending me cheques of around $60.00
the document with the cheque states.
THE GST/HST CREDIT
the GST/HST credit is a tax-free quarterly payment that helps individuals and families with low and modest incomes offset all or part of the GST or HST that they pay.
hold on here i am a PROFESSIONAL driver on bloody tax credits,its the low and modest incomes that gets me.
now i am sorry,but i can not just sit back and let people think that Canada is the land of milk and honey,i donā€™t suppose people think it is,but there seems to be dream that will be here,and it is not a dreamland,far from it.

CanPilot:
hold on here i am a PROFESSIONAL driver on bloody tax credits,its the low and modest incomes that gets me.

Tell me about it. :laughing: Same for me here in this minimum wage rural backwater, but I wasnā€™t complaining, and I ainā€™t returning. :wink: :laughing:

Spardo:

CanPilot:

Tell me about it. :laughing: Same for me here in this minimum wage rural backwater, but I wasnā€™t complaining, and I ainā€™t returning. :wink: :laughing:

Good for you Sardo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry Spardo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

now a little question,
why do the government of Canada keep sending me cheques of around $60.00
the document with the cheque states.
THE GST/HST CREDIT
the GST/HST credit is a tax-free quarterly payment that helps individuals and families with low and modest incomes offset all or part of the GST or HST that they pay.

Oh my goodness; I have no idea who ā€œCan Pilotā€ is but if he gets annoyed by receiving the GST/HST credit let him donate it to charity.

The GST is the GOODS AND SERVICES TAX that is paid on all goods and services in Canada. When the GST was introduced, the Credit was a small sop to the opposition parties who claimed it would cause widespread poverty.
If Can Pilot is earning 800 odd dollars per week he wonā€™t be receiving it next year.
He must have shown a small taxable income on his first tax return in Canada and was judged to qualify.

Does that answer that question.

Hi Steve
Im sorry if Canada did not work for you but for many others it has worked.
I moved here in february this year with my wife and daughter an we are all of the same opinion it is going to take a undertaker to get us back to the UK.
Im not earning a fortune but i am earning enough to pay my bills and live comfortably with money in my pocket in the UK after paying my mortage and living costs i was lucky if i had enough left over to feed my self while away here i can eat every day in a truck stop and not worry about money.
Im away 10 to 14 days then 3 to 4 off which is more or less what i did in Europe.
If someone decides to live in another country then that person should accept that, that countrys ways are different and either accept their way or dont bother coming which is one of the problems in the UK so many immigrants want to live in the UK but they dont want to live the English way of life.
If Canada did not suit you, you should at least accept that for others it has and stop slateing everyone who does not agree with you.

Thatā€™s the thing though, njb. He has never even tried. Sad, isnā€™t it.

Hey Ian, how about we duck out of this nonsense for a while, then he may go away. We, along with njb1962, actually know what we are talking about.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

probably the best way Bob. Iā€™m sure the readers will make up there own minds :wink:

bobthedog:
Thatā€™s the thing though, njb. He has never even tried. Sad, isnā€™t it.

Hey Ian, how about we duck out of this nonsense for a while, then he may go away. We, along with njb1962, actually know what we are talking about.

( 1) Never said I had :laughing:

(2) Thank god for that :laughing:

montana man:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

probably the best way Bob. Iā€™m sure the readers will make up there own minds :wink:

They will , and they have :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

njb1962:
Hi Steve
Im sorry if Canada did not work for you but for many others it has worked.
I moved here in february this year with my wife and daughter an we are all of the same opinion it is going to take a undertaker to get us back to the UK.
Im not earning a fortune but i am earning enough to pay my bills and live comfortably with money in my pocket in the UK after paying my mortage and living costs i was lucky if i had enough left over to feed my self while away here i can eat every day in a truck stop and not worry about money.
Im away 10 to 14 days then 3 to 4 off which is more or less what i did in Europe.
If someone decides to live in another country then that person should accept that, that countrys ways are different and either accept their way or dont bother coming which is one of the problems in the UK so many immigrants want to live in the UK but they dont want to live the English way of life.
If Canada did not suit you, you should at least accept that for others it has and stop slateing everyone who does not agree with you.

Good for you njb1962 I truly hope it works out for you , and the family.
I am not having a go at the drivers that have gone ,and made it work

(well done to them) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I only want to here all sides not just Bobthe dogs even though he has some goods points :laughing: here and there :laughing:
(GOOD LUCK)

seems like there are more than bob who have taken to the canadian way,why not let it drop instead of making your goal in life trying to make bob appear wrong.

The joke of it is he hasnā€™t got anywhere here so he is copying and pasting from TW. He isnā€™t getting anywhere there, either, although he seems to think that he is anonymous there (same username, sig, etc)

Yes, people will make up their own minds. Most will settle in well and be glad they moved. Some will find it too much.

Some will simply never have the nerve to try it and that is just as well. Face facts, those are the ones who ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  the loudest without trying it. Just imagine if they did.

Anyway, I think I will leave the site for now simply because it isnā€™t worth paying for internet simply to see that sort of nonsense. I can sit in this nice, decent truckstop in Maryland and look up more interesting things to do with my 4 days off that I will have next weekend, owing to the fact that I have done 2 weeks away. I will have covered about 7500 miles in that 2 weeks. I even got to drive down I95 through New York City today. Nice to see.

I guess the detractors will have had a chance to see the quarry again today, or maybe they picked up a nice box and got 3 hours on the docks.