C+E test today. 3 minors but still failed!

Took Class 1 test today (@ Beverley). Was having a fantastic drive with very easy going examiner. Came to last but one roundabout and it has a big bush on it that stops you seeing other side. Waited for a gap, set off then a van (that I couldn’t see due to bush) comes round at speed. I obviously caused him to stop. :confused: Examiner even put his head in his hands because he knew how close I was to test centre. He admitted it was a ‘crap’ roundabout but had to fail me with 3 minors and 1 serious. He seemed as upset as I was. I’m gutted but will try again next Saturday. Think I’m going to visit the roundabout with a hedge trimmer in the next week :wink:
Ho Hum Ho Hum :unamused:

keano1:
Took Class 1 test today (@ Beverley). Was having a fantastic drive with very easy going examiner. Came to last but one roundabout and it has a big bush on it that stops you seeing other side. Waited for a gap, set off then a van (that I couldn’t see) comes round at speed. I obviously caused him to stop. :confused: Examiner even put his head in his hands because he knew how close I was to test centre. He admitted it was a ‘crap’ roundabout but had to fail me with 3 minors and 1 serious. He seemed as upset as I was. I’m gutted but will try again next Saturday. Think I’m going to visit the roundabout with a hedge trimmer in the next week :wink:
Ho Hum Ho Hum :unamused:

sorry to hear that pal :frowning: all the best next saturday.

Either a hedge trimmer mate or failing that a flame thrower :exclamation: :wink:

you should of said to the examiner after it happened

“you didnt see that, rite. goddit”

did you take a pic of the roundabout for us all to have a gander at :question: :open_mouth:

Sorry to hear that although it sounds very harsh to fail for that. I realise you can’t make other road users slow down but if you couldn’t see him…?

good thing is though you know you can pass the test. i failed with 2 minors on my c+e because some idiot forgot to put the trailer legs back up… :blush:

gogzy:
good thing is though you know you can pass the test. i failed with 2 minors on my c+e because some idiot forgot to put the trailer legs back up… :blush:

didn’t you notice the sparks coming from under the trailer :question:

“dam she’s pulling heavy today” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:

gogzy:

didn’t you notice the sparks coming from under the trailer :question:

“dam she’s pulling heavy today” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

this was at the end of the test, i even got asked by tghe examiner 3 times if that was me done, ive never been good at taking hints lol.

Sorry to hear you failed, good luck next time.

mrpj:
Sorry to hear that although it sounds very harsh to fail for that. I realise you can’t make other road users slow down but if you couldn’t see him…?

And nor could the examiner BEFORE you committed then it’s not a fail

See it and go = fail
Go and then it comes into view with no chance of stopping in time = pass

ROG:

Isn’t that what happened here?

mrpj:

ROG:

Isn’t that what happened here?

If it was then it’s not a fail - but I was not there to confirm or deny it

Couldn’t see it because of the bush. It appeared just as I set off. I tried to accelerate out of the way, but I still made him slow down. :unamused:
Oh well

keano1:
Couldn’t see it because of the bush. It appeared just as I set off. I tried to accelerate out of the way, but I still made him slow down. :unamused:
Oh well

Thinking back - could you have braked and stopped with enough room to let it pass ?

Rog, I probably could have slammed on the brakes, but I was at the point of no return you could say. :unamused:

keano1:
Rog, I probably could have slammed on the brakes, but I was at the point of no return you could say. :unamused:

If the examiner reckoned that you could have stopped but still left enough room for the other vehicle then that is why it’s a fail.

Was it the examiner with ginger hair? On the day I took my Class 1 at Beverley (1992), I was the only person to pass.

Conor, it was a bloke called Dave(dark hair), lives in Cottingham. Seemed really nice bloke. The roundabout I dropped a bollock on was coming along from Molescroft passed new estate, Norwood to the right, Tickton to left, Swinemoor Lane straight on. Gutted :frowning:

gogzy:

I know somebody who failed mine…erm…I mean his :blush: 2nd time with a clean sheet because the ABS line appeared to be still connected on the uncouple…doh :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
Simon :sunglasses:

keano1:
Conor, it was a bloke called Dave(dark hair), lives in Cottingham. Seemed really nice bloke. The roundabout I dropped a bollock on was coming along from Molescroft passed new estate, Norwood to the right, Tickton to left, Swinemoor Lane straight on. Gutted :frowning:

Oh, not the one I thought then. I expected it to be the last one where you turn off Swinemoor Lane to go to the test centre. Its nigh on impossible to get out without impeding someone.

failed class 2 1st time round cos i forgot to switch to high range for 5th, went into 1st instead. normally a minor, examiner said so but ■■■■ was riding my bumper and had 2 brake hard so failed. doesnt matter if you can see him or not if he has to take evasive action i.e. braking then its a fail. examiner would say should have emerged slower due to bad visibility, then braking would have been an option.

here we go …

diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?a … earch=true

buy this, attack the bushes then take it back for a full refund claiming the chain keeps falling off.

:wink: