C+E test today. 3 minors but still failed!

jessicas dad:
here we go …

diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?a … earch=true

buy this, attack the bushes then take it back for a full refund claiming the chain keeps falling off.

:wink:

nah he wants to use a couple of Bangalore’s on the bushes - that’d clear them :exclamation: :wink: :laughing:

keano1:
Conor, it was a bloke called Dave(dark hair), lives in Cottingham. Seemed really nice bloke. The roundabout I dropped a bollock on was coming along from Molescroft passed new estate, Norwood to the right, Tickton to left, Swinemoor Lane straight on. Gutted :frowning:

He is the one who passed me on a saturday, seems like a really nice bloke, that roundabout is a nightmare, the one into the test centre has been designed that way I think, the other thing to watch for is the cars on the left as you approach the test centre, people tend not to slow down even though you have right of way!!

Potter, you know the roundabout I mean then. The examiner even said that he was concerned there was going to be a serious accident at that roundabout one day because the Leconfield army lads have had a few near misses there as well.
Hope I get the same examiner next Saturday, as he said he’d make sure he didn’t take me that way again. :smiley:

tough luck, once you pass the test you can make as many people as you want slow down on roundabouts, i do lol

Mr B:
tough luck, once you pass the test you can make as many people as you want slow down on roundabouts, i do lol

And so do many other professional LGV drivers because often there is no other way they would be able to get out at some junctions or roundabouts etc but when a professional LGV driver does this they deliberately cause a slight inconvenience to other road users and that is not wrong - it is only wrong if it becomes unsafe such as causing another road user to slam on the brakes instead of them having to brake gently.
This is called ‘real life’ driving and is condoned in every driving sect except the DSA !! - well, that may be a bit unfair because I have known examiners on a test tell the candidate to go ahead and use the above method of getting out.

keano1:
Think I’m going to visit the roundabout with a hedge trimmer in the next week :wink:

I would be happy to help with that if you need a hand :smiley: I’ve got my Class 2 training this week with Welwyn and my test on Friday at Beverley :exclamation:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome SteveP :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

This is were the DSA are not in the real world, I have had tests failed for similar situations. The 1st roundabout outside Exeter LGV Test Station is a bar steward, I have had lads fail for that, and as we leave the test centre with me driving , I have done the same thing ,as an experienced DSA-ADI with 34 years experience under my belt. Whilst I wouldn’t enter if there was traffic in or out of the roundabout to my right, YES it happens that some ■■■■ approaches the roundabout at 50 mph in a 30 zone, once you started moving, it too late . This is where a good experienced examiner should and will use common sense based on the last 70 minutes of your drive. But remember at the moment test numbers are down across the board at all test centres and a fail makes them work for next week.

on my class2 test my examiner took me past a primary school at 3pm with all the mum’s cars double parked and toddlers everywhere, he then failed me due to being to hesitant :open_mouth: :imp: next time i had a test with him he gave me an easy route and passed me.

miketdt:
This is were the DSA are not in the real world… Whilst I wouldn’t enter if there was traffic in or out of the roundabout to my right, YES it happens that some ■■■■ approaches the roundabout at 50 mph in a 30 zone, once you started moving, it too late . This is where a good experienced examiner should and will use common sense based on the last 70 minutes of your drive.

This happened to me on my C+E. I stopped at a roundabout on a busy dual carriage way and every time I was about to pull out, a vehicle would approach at speed and force me to abort. After about a minute of this, I thought ‘sod this for a game of soldiers’ and pulled out at the next available opportunity. Sure enough, a Rangerover came belting onto the roundabaout and was forced to almost stop.

After the test the examiner said he realized that I had little option but to take the action I did, he just gave me a minor for it.
Top fellow. :slight_smile:

A1ex:
This happened to me on my C+E. I stopped at a roundabout on a busy dual carriage way and every time I was about to pull out, a vehicle would approach at speed and force me to abort. After about a minute of this, I thought ‘sod this for a game of soldiers’ and pulled out at the next available opportunity. Sure enough, a Rangerover came belting onto the roundabaout and was forced to almost stop.

After the test the examiner said he realized that I had little option but to take the action I did, he just gave me a minor for it.
Top fellow. :slight_smile:

I know a lot of trainees are reluctant to ask the examiner anything on test but in the situation above it may be wise to ask the examiner what their view is if you safely inconvenience another road user in order to get out if that looks like the only way to do it.

Like Jessicas’s dad I too failed my first test on the ‘failure to make progress’ ticket. On my second try disaster almost struck again as I approached a roundabout in Wakefield. In the traffic queue I was just about to move forward and spotted some kids, at a bus-stop, stepping into the road to write on the side of the truck. I stopped, applied the handbrake and stared at the nearside mirror. The examiner saw my look of abject panic and leaned in front of me. Then he opened the passenger door, leaned out, and shouted ‘B*****R OFF!’ to the kids. He then sat back and told me to continue. The rest of the test, with my new ‘best mate’ was a breeze :smiley:

Sorry to here you failed pal, especially for something you couldn`t avoid. Unfortunately local councils seem to think that a roundabout is an object to turn into a nice little garden and even get local companies to sponser such things. Strange this, I always thought a roundabout was to aid traffic flow not to be an extention of the local bloody park.
As far as I know no statistics are available for accidents just on roundabouts but I bet if they are they will show that most happen on the ■■■■ ones which are done up like the local park.
Anyway good luck for next week.

dowahdiddyman:
As far as I know no statistics are available for accidents just on roundabouts but I bet if they are they will show that most happen on the ■■■■ ones which are done up like the local park

They road safety planners take a different view which is why more and more roundabouts are having the vision severely reduced on the approaches and the cross views
They figure that if a driver can see less then they will slow down more and therfore reduce road traffic incidents!!!

Go figure :unamused:

Road safety planners,now there`s a contradiction if ever there was one.

ROG:

dowahdiddyman:
As far as I know no statistics are available for accidents just on roundabouts but I bet if they are they will show that most happen on the ■■■■ ones which are done up like the local park

They road safety planners take a different view which is why more and more roundabouts are having the vision severely reduced on the approaches and the cross views
They figure that if a driver can see less then they will slow down more and therfore reduce road traffic incidents!!!

Go figure :unamused:

I think what they’re trying to do is to make the traffic travel much slower on the approach and/or stop at the line.In which case we’ve got the worst of all worlds,for a truck,of having to accelerate from a standstill with a long vehicle often causing the scenario of a truck with it’s front end on the roundabout and it’s back end still emerging from the junction with a fast car etc on the roundabout running into the side. So why not just get rid of roundabouts altogether and use stop signs at each junction point if they really want to use that idea because surely the idea of a roundabout is to keep the traffic moving relatively fast and merging?.Also on that note roundabouts work far better under the old continental system of give way to traffic ENTERING the roundabout which is the original way which they were used for years from when the French invented them but for some obscure reason they made the stupid mistake of changing over to our way of doing things.

possibly cos thats a very quick route to gridlock? its better to have the roundabout clear than letting more cars on before the others have left. imagine 4 wagons entering at almost the same time?

–bob–:
possibly cos thats a very quick route to gridlock? its better to have the roundabout clear than letting more cars on before the others have left. imagine 4 wagons entering at almost the same time?

In reality the give way to traffic on a roundabout idea can often cause more gridlock than the old Continental idea.As we all know roundabouts should be treated as a junction and you should’nt enter it unless your exit is clear which most people ignore here.But if you’re right then there would have been gridlock on French roundabouts before they changed to our system which as anyone who can remember driving there under the old rule just was’nt the case and it was much easier and safer.