Bob Crow dead.

Oooh an afternoon nap when you were driving a tug, or was it having a tug, how very union of you.
It’s a good job Maggie came along when she did other wise ths country would have been like a third world country years ago. You union dinosaurs disliked her because she wanted to get rid of you, knowing you & your sheep like membership were sleepwalking this country into oblivion. You all got wrinkly lipped because she wanted to close down industries that were not making money because the “workers” we’re too busy trying to find ways to strike over the most trivial of reasons. Nobody wanted our products because they became too expensive due to the constant demands of the unions, more cash for less output doesn’t work in a free market economy. You all took hissy fits when she shut down non profit making industries and forced people to actually work for their money, those that got off their backside & worked made money, the work shy didn’t know what to do so made nothing. People started to realise they could do it themselves, didn’t need some little red lefty telling them what was going to happen, all the while living nicely off the workers subs.
1979 a good year, the year I joined the army as it happens. 20 years worth of service later I come out a you lot are like a bad dream.

All we seem to hear about is ‘misery caused to commuters’. The rest of the work Bob Crow and the RMT were undertaking is mainly ignored along with the fact that this is a Transport Union actively seeking members from Road Haulage.

Below is just one issue taken from the RMT website that Bob Crow was actively pursuing:

11 March 2014

Geoff Martin

"Rail union RMT today stepped up demands for urgent Government action to end the shocking practice of train companies dumping human sewage on the railway tracks after it emerged from a series of questions tabled by members of the union’s Parliamentary Group that Ministers and officials haven’t a clue as to how much excrement is sprayed around the rail network every year.

As well as the shocking admission that the Government have no idea what volume of human waste is being dumped on our railways the questions also reveal that:

• A quarter of trains with toilets on board don’t have retention tanks and are discharging raw sewage.

• Services on the Great Eastern, Great Western, Midland and East Coast main lines are served by trains which discharge effluent to the track.

• Local and regional services in East Anglia, Wales, Scotland, the East and West midlands, the North and South West of England are also involved in the practice.

• The Government has confirmed that there is no statutory protection for track workers or passengers from these discharges.

• There is no formal or legal requirement to stop train operating companies from discharging toilet waste on to the track or to force rolling stock leasing companies to retrofit controlled emission toilets to those trains that currently discharge waste to the track.

Late last year, the transport minister Baroness Kramer was forced to admit in the House of Lords that the practice is “utterly disgusting” although her Government continue to refuse point blank to do anything about it.

Track workers have repeatedly pointed out that some sections of the rail infrastructure are like an open sewer and that the human waste doesn’t simply hit the track bed, it sprays out when trains are travelling at speed posing a serious and disgusting health risk to track-based staff. Rail works have been delayed because staff have been confronted with pools of raw sewage.

Other staff in the train depots are forced to scrape the excrement from the bottom of carriages. The whole disgusting practice continues simply because the train companies and the Government are not prepared to invest a slice of their excessive profits in installing tanks and employing the staff to empty them. Instead, they offer vague promises that the scandal will be addressed years down the line when long-delayed fleet replacement plans are eventually delivered. In the meantime, the filthy and disgusting practice continues unchecked.

RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said:

“It is truly appalling in the year 2014 that this Government cannot even tell us what volume of raw and untreated sewage is being dumped at railway stations and on railway tracks the length and breadth of Britain creating both disgusting conditions and a health risk for staff and the public alike.
"It is a shocking indictment on the state of our railways 20 years after privatisation, and with hundreds of millions of pounds a year being creamed off in private profits, that unknown amounts of raw sewage are being dumped and sprayed across the tracks up and down the UK with the Government unable to even tell us when it will stop. The Minister has branded the system as “disgusting” but has not lifted a finger to end it. That is why RMT has repeatedly called on Baroness Kramer and her government to take urgent action and we are reissuing that call today.
"Not only is this a filthy way of disposing of human waste, but it also poses real health risks and dangers for RMT members out there working on the tracks and in the depots.
“There is no point the Government politely requesting that the private train companies desist, they are the one’s profiting out of this scandal by allowing it to continue in the full knowledge that it is both dangerous and disgusting.
“This rotten practice should be stopped once and for all and the train companies should be the forced by the Government to pay the price for upgrading the trains and employing staff to empty the tanks.”

ENDS

See, I told you he was talking crap. :open_mouth:

Slackbladder:
Oooh an afternoon nap when you were driving a tug, or was it having a tug, how very union of you.
It’s a good job Maggie came along when she did other wise ths country would have been like a third world country years ago. You union dinosaurs disliked her because she wanted to get rid of you, knowing you & your sheep like membership were sleepwalking this country into oblivion. You all got wrinkly lipped because she wanted to close down industries that were not making money because the “workers” we’re too busy trying to find ways to strike over the most trivial of reasons. Nobody wanted our products because they became too expensive due to the constant demands of the unions, more cash for less output doesn’t work in a free market economy. You all took hissy fits when she shut down non profit making industries and forced people to actually work for their money, those that got off their backside & worked made money, the work shy didn’t know what to do so made nothing. People started to realise they could do it themselves, didn’t need some little red lefty telling them what was going to happen, all the while living nicely off the workers subs.
1979 a good year, the year I joined the army as it happens. 20 years worth of service later I come out a you lot are like a bad dream.

No Sonny I was sat looking through holiday brochures deciding whether to have 4 weeks in America in September or go and visit family in Australia in January for 4 weeks but then I can’t decide what to do with my other 3 weeks which I’ll have left any ideas ?
So you were a serving member of Her Majesty’s armed forces I won’t belittle you for that as I’ve got the upmost respect for past present and future serving personal
But have I’ve already said not all unions were bad we wasn’t all millitant red loons but where we’ll never agree is on Thatcher you were fortunate enough to be in the Armed Forces during her destruction of this country which she sent you to for
I was born and bred in a mining village and when there’s no other local work in your area and your hitting and smashing productivity targets week in a week out and she demands your pit is going to close what would you do
The media portray all unions as millitant and trouble makers but I can guarantee you that a lot of people you’ll meet in your lifetime are or where members of a trade union
You might admire her but I don’t I didn’t think much of Scargill either he’d got his own agenda but that’s another argument but you seem to dismiss every post on here about being in a trade union
So you had a bad experience with a union it doesn’t make them all bad
The firm I work for had over 8000 people working for them in there heyday it’s now 800
Mostly down to mechanisation increased productivity lower demands for our products but has times have gone on our wages have gone up and that’s down to being in a union anyway I do take my cap of to you being in the armed forces
I’ve got to go now I’ve got another long 7 hr shift today tomorrow it’s a hard life but someone’s gotta do it

I also am not militant. I hate the idea of striking and I’m not a labour supporter either.

Al I wanted was fairness within the entire ASDA network. Compared to other depots, our depots Ts&Cs we’re appalling. The only way to sort it was bringing the depot into line via union recognition. It worked. FACT.
I can’t even think of a negative occasion the GMB has caused. And I hope I don’t in the future.

I could stop paying my subs anytime I want. But the true fact is, 1 days sick nearly pays for the entire years subs!!! Or 1/4 hour overtime per week. It’s nothing.

I can be proud I was part of the team who helped changed the depot.
The anti union leeches who will still gladly take the extra pay can’t!
Incidentally the same people who moan about the job!

Well said George.

George@ASDA driver:
I also am not militant. I hate the idea of striking and I’m not a labour supporter either.

Al I wanted was fairness within the entire ASDA network. Compared to other depots, our depots Ts&Cs we’re appalling. The only way to sort it was bringing the depot into line via union recognition. It worked. FACT.
I can’t even think of a negative occasion the GMB has caused. And I hope I don’t in the future.

I could stop paying my subs anytime I want. But the true fact is, 1 days sick nearly pays for the entire years subs!!! Or 1/4 hour overtime per week. It’s nothing.

You aren’t a labour supporter, that’s fair enough, did you know part of your subs goes towards the labour party? Something I opted out of when I had to be in a union, money went to a charity instead. They don’t usually explain that bit.
Again, why if the Ts&Cs are so bad would you accept them in the first pace? Did they promise one thing at interview & then change it when you started?
As I’ve said before, why don’t ASDA pay all their workers the same? Because they don’t have to is the simple answer. Why, if you ask for support from other depots, do you get nothing? Because they have their pay sorted & aren’t interested in helping out their colleagues. Why don’t the gmb try & get parity for their members countrywide? Because they are scared to lose what they have & they know their membership would not stick together, that’s how good they are.
If Maggie was so unpopular how come she was re elected, and then once she was gone the country still wanted the Tories in? Preferring them to an unelectable labour party too aligned with the unions. Yet as soon as bliar & his cronies get in the unions are drooped like a hot stone. They spent the next 3 terms systematically distancing themselves from the unions until you get a situation now where the leadership cannot even bring themselves to comment on the passing of a union leader.

George@ASDA driver:

I can’t agree more with that a lot of people don’t see what grass root union members do as I’ve already posted about the benefits we got for ordinary working people
Like sick pay meal allowances extra holidays Bank Holiday payments just to name a few
Also I’m proud in helping to get TUPE Regulations enshrined in law in Road Transport so to stop pay and conditions being eroded when a firm bought out another firm
Just think what would of happened when all the oil companies put there transport out to third parties ie the likes of Exel(DHL) Wincanton Hoyer took over and they couldn’t change terms and conditions which were hard fought for by the trade unions that’s something I’ll always be proud off but sadly under the anti working party at the time who were in power the Tories they wouldn’t include workers company pension rights in TUPE which was a disgrace when you see that MPs pensions are gold platered but that was another battle

Slackbladder:
the year I joined the army

And there we have it…bang, bang, you’re dead ta very much Maggie!

DrivingMissDaisy:

Slackbladder:

Did I miss something? Don’t understand that comment at all. :confused:

So Mr Crow was such a wonderful person, he looked after his members interests.

He was typical of most union officials I have encountered with the, what’s in it for me attitude?

Bear in mind that every time his members withdrew their labour and halted public transport the biggest losers were the travelling public. There were probably many that could not get to work due to lack of transport and therefore were not paid. Hence the saying “the rich get richer and the poor get poorer”.

Just a small point that has conveniently been overlooked.

It is the selfish attitude of so many individuals these days, I’m alright so stuff the rest of you.

Slackbladder:

DrivingMissDaisy:

Slackbladder:

Did I miss something? Don’t understand that comment at all. :confused:

Much as I admired and agreed with our trip to the falklands in ‘82 every venture since then has been a politicians ego trip that wouldn’t have been possible without the unquestioning obedience of those who’ve taken the Queens’ shilling. Whilst having as much fondness for our wonderful armed forces as anyone else, I do wonder in what direction the guns will be pointed if the brown stuff really hits the fan? I’ve little doubt Brother Crow would have had an opinion on the matter and I suspect I would have agreed with him. :wink:

DrivingMissDaisy:
Much as I admired and agreed with our trip to the falklands in '82 every venture since then has been a politicians ego trip:

I’m sorry but that’s complete buttocks. Several have been ego trips yes but we’ve also been involved in some very worthwhile operations, the Balkans and Sierra Leone for two. Besides, many would argue that The Falklands was Maggies ego trip. After all it won her an election.

Muckaway:
‘…How ironic, he died from a blockage in the tubes…’

I understand that being somewhat opposite to a blockage, aneurysms are a result of weakened blood vessel walls which can’t hack it & burst.

In general, the conclusions are similar - what with them inviting a premature finale.

Gulp …salad for tea & skip the pudding, methinks :frowning:

switchlogic:

DrivingMissDaisy:
Much as I admired and agreed with our trip to the falklands in '82 every venture since then has been a politicians ego trip:

I’m sorry but that’s complete buttocks. Several have been ego trips yes but we’ve also been involved in some very worthwhile operations, the Balkans and Sierra Leone for two. Besides, many would argue that The Falklands was Maggies ego trip. After all it won her an election.

I’m no fan of Maggie Luke but her response to the Generals’ invasion was the correct option. The ego trip was Galtieris". As for the others I think they were motivated by the scent of Maggies’ success more than anything. Every war is someones’ ego trip…

waddy640:
So Mr Crow was such a wonderful person, he looked after his members interests.

He was typical of most union officials I have encountered with the, what’s in it for me attitude?

Bear in mind that every time his members withdrew their labour and halted public transport the biggest losers were the travelling public. There were probably many that could not get to work due to lack of transport and therefore were not paid. Hence the saying “the rich get richer and the poor get poorer”.

Just a small point that has conveniently been overlooked.

It is the selfish attitude of so many individuals these days, I’m alright so stuff the rest of you.

I think you should take your Rose tinted glasses off it was Thatcher that made this country a bunch of I’m alright Jack people
Who don’t care who they tread on as long as they look after number 1 and could get there snouts deep in to the trough whilst the majority suffered
She created a separate region called London where if you lived north of Watford you were forgot about
She inspired a dog eat dog society she did more damage to this country than any union Adolf Hitler included and that damage can’t be undone
Just look at the me me me society that we live in no one gives a monkeys anymore down to her selfish spiteful way of politics and my friend remember when you join the endless list of being in fuel poverty just remember who sold off the family silver so she line her cronies pockets
At least one thing she’s sweating her vile body down below shovelling the vast amounts of coal keeping her master and creator nice and warm

DrivingMissDaisy:

switchlogic:

DrivingMissDaisy:

I’m no fan of Maggie Luke but her response to the Generals’ invasion was the correct option. The ego trip was Galtieris". As for the others I think they were motivated by the scent of Maggies’ success more than anything. Every war is someones’ ego trip…

I didn’t say it wasn’t the right thing to do, I was just point out the failings in your post. A lot of them had nothing to do with Thatchers success. Ask most people about what we did in Sierra Leone and they wouldn’t know we did anything. Thatcher defending the Falklands was as much to do with her own self interest as anything else.

switchlogic:

DrivingMissDaisy:

switchlogic:

DrivingMissDaisy:

I didn’t say it wasn’t the right thing to do, I was just point out the failings in your post. A lot of them had nothing to do with Thatchers success. Ask most people about what we did in Sierra Leone and they wouldn’t know we did anything. Thatcher defending the Falklands was as much to do with her own self interest as anything else.

There are no failings in my post. It was obviously a generalisation but nevertheless, essentially accurate in it’s conclusion.

gazsa401:
‘… it was Thatcher that made this country a bunch of I’m alright Jack people …’

Like the Beatles and Britain’s emergence from post-war austerity & Mr Crow, Mrs Thatch’ was of her era - which suggests that we who survive them all move-on - especially to those tribally & often geo-politically inclined against any/everything:

London-centric
English
Involving the political colour blue
UK global commerce & the associated, S E England based banking industry
Involving UK national taxation

Mrs T also presided over building the M25, which also happened (note the past tense) - so why not blame her for the frequent gridlock on it when the tube goes belly-up :exclamation:

DrivingMissDaisy:

switchlogic:

DrivingMissDaisy:

switchlogic:

DrivingMissDaisy:

There are no failings in my post. It was obviously a generalisation but nevertheless, essentially accurate in it’s conclusion.

I think you’re getting the difference between facts and opinion confused. Its all just opinions. Yours, mine, anyone’s, who’s to say which one is right. If indeed any of them are. Generalisations are very rarely accurate