Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

X4HVJ ,Mattys motor on a free NHS move ,Ronald Mc Donald Childrens charties ,move from the west wing in the John Radliffe Hospital to a new purpose building on site ,did not take long ,one man job stacking the van ,staff taking to the back of the van .

Hi Steve,glad to see you got some work mate how you holding up

Hello John ,

The odd NHS job here and there , still working out in the warehouse and cleaning ,polishing ,painting ,repairing etc , you still got plenty ?

Still scared and peeded off .

Regards Steve

Click on pages twice to read.

Hi lads one for you

Hello John ,yes ,a friend of mine drives that one ,they also bought our DAF off the chap we sold it too ,for a lot more than we sold it for !! i am sure that truck was James Coopers motor before him .

This is a photo of “the Hoffs” motor ,Paul Gee took it on the A34 IN 2018.

P1220528p (1).JPG

Hi Steve ,I seen a few removal trucks on the m5 at Somerset so looks like it is slowly picking up mate

Hello John ,they shouldnt be out mate ,how can you double carry ? but i am hoping we are back soon .

Been tarting around the yard again today ,panted the ferry ties yellow again ,painted under the front grill ,polished ,cleaned all on The hoffs motor ,just washed and polished the wifes car ,raked the borders on the yard perimeter ,swept the paths out side my grandfathers house ,need to get on with my wagon tomorrow .

JAKEY:
Hello John ,they shouldnt be out mate ,how can you double carry ? but i am hoping we are back soon .

Been tarting around the yard again today ,panted the ferry ties yellow again ,painted under the front grill ,polished ,cleaned all on The hoffs motor ,just washed and polished the wifes car ,raked the borders on the yard perimeter ,swept the paths out side my grandfathers house ,need to get on with my wagon tomorrow .

Brownie points of the missus for doing her car mate :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: glad you keeping your self busy ,it was that westons firm and a couple of Irish ones down Somerset

Steve, John anyone spoke to marktaff recently as i have not seen him on here for a while,hope hes ok ?

Bedford draw-bar 1972.

removals brewer 72 premo.PNG

That is a unusual set up on that wagon , 4o trips a year ( that would be nice ).

No i not seen Mark on here but i did ask John the same question via private message ,he was going to txt Mark, i do hope he is ok !

Hi lads just txt mark waiting on reply

Me down in moylegrove by eglserew delivering to a garden centre right down all lanes

Truck is looking nice John , what a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ mate ,lovely , you got plenty on ? are the furlough guys back yet ?

Hi Steve ,yes plenty on mate been in Bristol today off now till Monday

Hello lads,
Hows things not been on for a while…been busy painting house soughting things out for my mother.

Steve only now seeing your PM mate…we are still off i think Robbins are waiting for the BAR to make an announcement…still nothing moving with us at present.

How about yourself its difficult who and what to listen to mate

smallcoal:
Me down in moylegrove by eglserew delivering to a garden centre right down all lanes

Hi John,
Enjoying lovely West Wales mate…i love that part of the world on the coast down there…Moylegrove and Eglserew…whats work like with you mate ?

DEANB:
Steve, John anyone spoke to marktaff recently as i have not seen him on here for a while,hope hes ok ?

Bedford draw-bar 1972.

Hi Dean,
Lovely article once again…thinking back then running a vehicle like this today the younger generation would run a mile…i wonder what type of service thst Bedford provided compared to yhe trucks of today.

Lovely article thanks for posting.

This was the last job I pick up in Bergerac France…about 400ft of big furniture at to come through this window…same old didn’t mention to our man so two of us got it out through this window…plus 100yrd walk…mustn’t grumble though the customer looked after us well :smiley: