Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

smallcoal:
Hi lads,is this virus effecting your work ,I was out wed night down Falmouth ,we struggling big time 8 drivers off loads backing up which we can’t get out I’m expecting a couple more o phone in sick,the hoffs looking good nice looking area mate

Hi John,
We got two off with us just precaution after coming back off the spanish run.
It is having an affect it is slowing down slightly not stopping but slightly…we have been having a lot of requests by certain customers for masks to be worn…was on Reading Services yesterday morning never seen the lorry park so empty and the services them selfs so empty.

marktaff:

JAKEY:
Hello John , we very busy at the moment and people seam to be panic getting the quotes in !!! f f s :unamused: ,but i got 6x quotes today and 2x tomorrow :open_mouth: , very busy next week and i have got all payments in ahead !! No payments no turn up !! its getting silly .

Hi Steve,
Are you getting requests from customers to wear masks ?

We are .

Hi mark how’s it going it’s stupid with us at moment drivers off to much freight to shift I’m on west wales tomorrow

smallcoal:

marktaff:

JAKEY:
Hello John , we very busy at the moment and people seam to be panic getting the quotes in !!! f f s :unamused: ,but i got 6x quotes today and 2x tomorrow :open_mouth: , very busy next week and i have got all payments in ahead !! No payments no turn up !! its getting silly .

Hi Steve,
Are you getting requests from customers to wear masks ?

We are .

Hi mark how’s it going it’s stupid with us at moment drivers off to much freight to shift I’m on west wales tomorrow

It is getting a bit crazy John…going to Farnham tommorow job back to our store…then in to Britannia HQ in Redhill pick up for South Wales…i think we may have a real lock down by the end of this week…i’m not going anywhere near Inside the M25 :smiley:

marktaff:

robthedog:
Saw this still out working

Not suprised to see this 814 still doing her duty…in my opinion one of the best 7.5s i ever drove…after driving the TKs…TLs …the D series . …Cargo’s and the Leyland Terrier’s back in the day then driving the 814 it was like driving a luxury car.

Nice pic robthedog.

100 % agree Mark, those 6 cylinder 814’s were bullet proof. Never used water/oil. One of the best truck’s ever built in my
opinion. :wink:

Heres a Leyland Terrier Mark. :wink:

Hi dean ,that advert with the Leland I know the bloke well he got a warehouse in Stroud we deliver goods into him he does freight forwarding ,he had a big contract with Cirencester composites till they were bought out ,he got a 7.5 toner curtain sider he is a nice bloke

Started in 1906 still going.
Oily

I suppose now that house moves have temporarily been halted you removal lads will be struggling for work as well?

Pete.

windrush:
I suppose now that house moves have temporarily been halted you removal lads will be struggling for work as well?

Pete.

Our neighbour has sold but for the time being can’t move.
Oily

Close Friday ,ok to do key workers , Nhs work , but thats it .

JAKEY:
Close Friday ,ok to do key workers , Nhs work , but thats it .

Thats bad news “JAKEY” i hope you can pick up some work from the NHS.

Imperial body builders.

Click on pages twice.

Signed on a agency today ,hoping to get back on artic work for Tescos for next week or night trunking , wont be happy if its not red or silver the wagons dirty but i need the work . Ideal night trunk would be ace but i go for what ever there is .

JAKEY:
Signed on a agency today ,hoping to get back on artic work for Tescos for next week or night trunking , wont be happy if its not red or silver the wagons dirty but i need the work . Ideal night trunk would be ace but i go for what ever there is .

Hi Steve,surprise there mate has work dried up with you then to go on Tesco work

Hello John , NO i have plenty of work but have to finish ,but i will carry on on supermarket work .

1.This company are still going .

oiltreader:
Started in 1906 still going.
Oily

Certainly are an old company oily with a lot of history…nice pics.

windrush:

Pete.

All finished up with us as of finish of business today.

Dont know how long for but given letters telling us for the period of 12 weeks…but will be following the goverments advice…it is imposible to keep the 2 meter distance in our job so makes sence.
Lets hope its not for two long and everybody stay safe and at home.

DEANB:

marktaff:

robthedog:
Saw this still out working

Not suprised to see this 814 still doing her duty…in my opinion one of the best 7.5s i ever drove…after driving the TKs…TLs …the D series . …Cargo’s and the Leyland Terrier’s back in the day then driving the 814 it was like driving a luxury car.

Nice pic robthedog.

100 % agree Mark, those 6 cylinder 814’s were bullet proof. Never used water/oil. One of the best truck’s ever built in my
opinion. :wink:

Heres a Leyland Terrier Mark. :wink:

Dean spot on a fantastic truck the 814…cant say the same about the terrier…what i remember about the terrier’s i drove they drank fuel :smiley:

Lovely little article though Dean…i wonder if John could get the chap to post any pics he may have of the terrier ?

JAKEY:
Hello John , NO i have plenty of work but have to finish ,but i will carry on on supermarket work .

Hi Steve,
How are things mate ?

smallcoal:

JAKEY:

Hi Steve,surprise there mate has work dried up with you then to go on Tesco work

Hi John,
Whats the position with you mate…Clarkes still operating ?