Belgium road tax

Just been told I’m off to Rotterdam on Monday morning :open_mouth:
Last time I went across was 1994 ! and that was to Rungis market in France.

Just a question on where to buy the road tax for Belgium, can you get them this side or do you have to get them in Belgium and where is best (easiest)

D’ont know if I’m on the boat or train yet.

Cheers.

You can buy it on the Dover - Dunkerque boat or in transmark in Calais.

Last i heard transmarck stopped selling tax months ago.

If you are going on the train, you can get it after you have booked in. Go through the book in then park over on the right by the info hut, you can get it in there.

If you are going to Calais then you can buy it down diesel alley in the ids station.

Transmark are selling it again, got mine there monday this week, if not Veurne truckstop or Ashford truckstop if you like.

Thanks for th replies fellas, appreciated.

It’s almost impossible to get a vignette in Belgium.
They are, however, the worst/heaviest enforcers.

you can also get it at the norfolk line booth when you book on the boat in dover if you want

the system has changed now for vignette, its all electronic, and you dont get a voucher to put in your windscreen (so im told). i tried to get mine in advance for next week a couple of weeks ago, but it wouldnt work, this is why i believe, it is now all on computer

I’ve recently read the same fact on a French forum “fieredetreroutiers”.
They no longer give a ticket for you to keep in the truck, it’s all done electronically so that the Belgian police can check if you have bought one without having to stop you to check

You can also get it at Ashford truckstop

pierrot 14:
I’ve recently read the same fact on a French forum “fieredetreroutiers”.
They no longer give a ticket for you to keep in the truck, it’s all done electronically so that the Belgian police can check if you have bought one without having to stop you to check

So does that mean you could pay the tax online and save havig to stop and find somewhere that sells them?

skorpio:
Transmark are selling it again, got mine there monday

nice one. Thats handy to know, its been a bloody pain in the arse going into ids to get it.

I don’t think you can get it on-line, Muckles, you still have to go to the usual places to do it, it’s just all your details, truck info dates etc, go into the system, which makes it easier for the police to check you out.

just got back from belguim normal buy it on boat dover/dunkirk or in french services stations for the past month over there have always been given a voucher to display.

curly:
just got back from belguim normal buy it on boat dover/dunkirk or in french services stations for the past month over there have always been given a voucher to display.

This new system started on !st October.
Any time you bought a vignette before this they will have given you a vignette to display. Any time after this, all they need to give you is your till receipt. Some places may still give you an actual vignette, until they run out.

I was in Ashford last night and because of the new upgrade the system is broken down. :open_mouth:

you can get the new one at coquelles and now at jabbeke services

Simon:
Any time you bought a vignette before this they will have given you a vignette to display.

[Pedant_Mode]Slight correction, ever since the system started they have never given you a voucher to display. They simply give you a voucher, there is/was no requirement to actually display it.[/Pedant_Mode] :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Simon:
Any time you bought a vignette before this they will have given you a vignette to display.

[Pedant_Mode]Slight correction, ever since the system started they have never given you a voucher to display. They simply give you a voucher, there is/was no requirement to actually display it.[/Pedant_Mode] :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Aw, now you have spoit the in cab decoration of dog eared vignettes held on with a rubber sucker :stuck_out_tongue:

It was like the modern equivalent of a triangular Skegness sticker on your caravan :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
Aw, now you have spoit the in cab decoration of dog eared vignettes held on with a rubber sucker :stuck_out_tongue:

It was like the modern equivalent of a triangular Skegness sticker on your caravan :smiley:

And often hand in hand with a collection of the bits of card the various ferry companies give you to put in the windscreen, yellow and ageing from the two or three trips the driver made over the water a few years ago but still wants everyone to know he is a proper trucker and has ventured abroad. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Simon:

[Sarah-aargh!-Palin mode] I think in Asia and Africa you are required to hire a little kid who sits in the passenger seat and waves the appropriate voucher at the window as you hold your breath through checkpoints.[/Sarah-aargh!-Palin mode]

I recently bought your book “Coffee to Go” and am about 3/4 through. Those ferry trips you describe sound pretty good. Nice way to get a break, seems to me. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: That signature of yours, the red 4 and 0 green: does that mean you are back home? Here in the USA, navigation markers are “Red Right Returning”. Those that are left, that is, now that our gov is broke. :unamused: