Banned from TX Maxx

I got banned from TK Maxx ,Walsall, last monday because I thought 5 hours to tip a 26 pallet load was a bit excessive. It took 3 1/2 hours to tip and 1 1/2 to do the paperwork. What I would like to know is can I bill TK Maxx direct for waiting time?
I went in the office to seee them after 4 hours and was told to wait in my cab or I would be removed from the site but when I pointed out that was what I wanted he just told me I would not be welcome back and would not be allowed past he gate again. As I pointed out banned or not I wouldn’t be delivering there again.
Why do these companies think its acceptable to take so long to unload, I missed my reload on monday and had to wait till tuesday for something else.

Graham

yes, bill them. it’s called demourage.
£75 per hour is perfectly acceptable.

You admitted to going to TK Maxx! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

grahamrfd:
What I would like to know is can I bill TK Maxx direct for waiting time?

I can’t see how you could, much as these places need a good kicking. Are you an o/d? I assume if you are, that your customer is the company supplying the products, not TK Maxx. All you can really do is add a charge to your invoice and hope for the best, but if you didn’t give them a chance to contact TK Maxx and resolve the problem at the time then you’re not likely to get anywhere.

If you’re an employed driver, just relax and don’t let it get to you. Just remember that if your company makes lots of deliveries there, and you’ve got yourself banned, you’ve given them a planning headache. Some firms may not be sympathetic.

grahamrfd:
I got banned from TK Maxx ,Walsall, last monday because I thought 5 hours to tip a 26 pallet load was a bit excessive. It took 3 1/2 hours to tip and 1 1/2 to do the paperwork. What I would like to know is can I bill TK Maxx direct for waiting time?
I went in the office to seee them after 4 hours and was told to wait in my cab or I would be removed from the site but when I pointed out that was what I wanted he just told me I would not be welcome back and would not be allowed past he gate again. As I pointed out banned or not I wouldn’t be delivering there again.
Why do these companies think its acceptable to take so long to unload, I missed my reload on monday and had to wait till tuesday for something else.

Graham

Think yourself lucky you only got stuck for that long.
We tip at tk maxx near witwood truck stop, can be there anything up to 12 hours.
At least you get to sit in your unit. Unlike some places.
They take ages to tip you due to the fact they go through every pallet to check the load.

Sent from my iPad but adjusted even more to ■■■■ winseer off.

If you are an o/d then put a waiting charge in on your bill. Next time though ask for paperwork back as you gotta pull out for your break and they can have the stuff in 11 hrs that works sometimes lol

I don’t know the ins and out of it, but surely if you carry your goods under the RHA terms and conditions, then charging demurrage or waiting time will be part of the deal. Although I’ve been known to be wrong on more than a few occasions. :frowning:

The first 2 times i went to the new Tesco at Kilsby (Crick) i turned up 30mins before my booking time, had to wait 2 hrs for a bay, then it took 3hrs to get tipped/paperwork done.

If you are that upset by it then why not write a letter to the head office. I think you have a perfectly good gripe. I bet you had a booking time too that they want you to adhere to. The government should bring in some sort of action plan, this is costing billions in trucks being parked up for hours on end. 90 minutes to unload any palletised load is fair I think. If you don’t arrive for your booked time then it’s fair enough if they make you wait, but when it is them that is booking you in, they should be able and ready to unload you at that time.

it’s called demourage.

blogs:
it’s called demourage.

Demurrage.

grahamrfd:
I got banned from TK Maxx ,Walsall, last monday

Result then, just need a few more hundred drivers banned and they’ll start to get the message that cutting the job to the bone by employing the minmum amount of staff on goods in and using other peoples trucks as free warehousing is taking the ■■■■…

Big Joe:

grahamrfd:
I got banned from TK Maxx ,Walsall, last monday

Result then, just need a few more hundred drivers banned and they’ll start to get the message that cutting the job to the bone by employing the minmum amount of staff on goods in and using other peoples trucks as free warehousing is taking the ■■■■…

Hear hear!

I had a booking time at 07.00 and arrived at 06.20. was told if I arrived late I wouldn’t be tipped. Yes Im an owner driver so losing my reload had a negative impact on my business. I did make several phone calls to my customer but they got nowhere. The customer of my customer ( this is probably why I can’t make any money :slight_smile: ) refused to pay demmurage and in fairness they loaded me in about 1 hour so they didn’t delay me, TK Maxx did which is why I wondered wether I can invoice them direct. I guess it won’t hurt and if they refuse to pay I can always set it against my tax as a loss. As for being banned it is no problem to me as I would refuse that load again in future, as I refuse to load anything from Celsa at Cardiff.
Anyway how come there are so many people on here today, I thought you would all be at truckfest :slight_smile:

grahamrfd:
I had a booking time at 07.00 and arrived at 06.20. was told if I arrived late I wouldn’t be tipped. Yes Im an owner driver so losing my reload had a negative impact on my business. I did make several phone calls to my customer but they got nowhere. The customer of my customer ( this is probably why I can’t make any money :slight_smile: ) refused to pay demmurage and in fairness they loaded me in about 1 hour so they didn’t delay me, TK Maxx did which is why I wondered wether I can invoice them direct. I guess it won’t hurt and if they refuse to pay I can always set it against my tax as a loss. As for being banned it is no problem to me as I would refuse that load again in future, as I refuse to load anything from Celsa at Cardiff.
Anyway how come there are so many people on here today, I thought you would all be at truckfest :slight_smile:

We’re sussing out which loads are worth doing before we nick your work. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71544
They take the ■■■■. If i never go again it will be too soon. :unamused:

Looking at the stock in their stores, it only looks fit to be tipped by a skip wagon. What a load of junk.

kindle530:
The first 2 times i went to the new Tesco at Kilsby (Crick) i turned up 30mins before my booking time, had to wait 2 hrs for a bay, then it took 3hrs to get tipped/paperwork done.

Longest I have been there … 46 hours. I was driving for Swifts :laughing:

I would consider being banned from such a place an honour :slight_smile:

Pat Hasler:
I would consider being banned from such a place an honour :slight_smile:

Its something I would seriously work hard towards :grimacing: