Anyone Heard Of The Company Goldstar?

Was just wondering if any of you guys & girls have heard of Goldstar or know what sort of work they do. I think their units are green & white.
I know they must do abit of airport work as ive seen them around heathrow airport but what other work do they deal with & does anyone know what they are like to work for
Thanks in advance for any advice

They do Container work im sure

yep the goldstar i know are from knowsley /simmonswood white mercs doing containers :slight_smile:

By all accounts they are a good firm.

goldstartransport.co.uk/

I bought one of there DAF 95XF SSC’s secondhand and can confirm that they keep their motors spotless!

The question is, which Goldstar■■?

I think there’s a bit of confusion here about the real Goldstar.

I reckon the first poster was referring to Goldstar (Heathrow) who I think do mostly airfreight type delieveries based around, you guessed it, Heathrow airport.
http://www.goldstarheathrow.com

Plus, Tyler, their website has a recruitment page where you can send in your details:

http://www.goldstarheathrow.com/recruitment.asp

However there is also the national, Felixstowe based container puller Goldstar Transport , whose website Harry mentioned, who run white Mercs/DAFs purely on containers. They have bases at most major ports and are actually a pretty big company considering they haven’t been around that long.

does anyone know what the goldstar containers are like to work for out of liverpool any info appreciated :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A guy who I might be doing some work for has 5 on out of Felxistowe and seems happy

They pay well & have a good name.

chorcheela:
The question is, which Goldstar■■?

I think there’s a bit of confusion here about the real Goldstar.

I reckon the first poster was referring to Goldstar (Heathrow) who I think do mostly airfreight type delieveries based around, you guessed it, Heathrow airport.
http://www.goldstarheathrow.com

Plus, Tyler, their website has a recruitment page where you can send in your details:

http://www.goldstarheathrow.com/recruitment.asp

However there is also the national, Felixstowe based container puller Goldstar Transport , whose website Harry mentioned, who run white Mercs/DAFs purely on containers. They have bases at most major ports and are actually a pretty big company considering they haven’t been around that long.

Yes i mean goldstar heathrow. Dont know where exactly they’re based but ive seen an advert for drivers & was thinking of applying

Thanks for all the replies :smiley:

The container ones are part of the now ubiquitous CEL Group (Carters, to the old hands). They do bits and bobs for us.

Lucy:
The container ones are part of the now ubiquitous CEL Group (Carters, to the old hands). They do bits and bobs for us.

Really? When did that happen?

Not sure, only found out myself last week, but the source was reliable.

Are you sure about that lucy.? they have just moved to a new yard at fxt and i know ior 2 of the drivers on there also work from fxt but have heard nothing. about c.e.l having anything whatsoever to do with goldstar.

As sure as I can be. I have to admit to being surprised myself when I found out, mind.

they do mostly container work…and probably pay the going rate for a driver on containers…£3.50…a week…if your lucky…

Lucy:
As sure as I can be. I have to admit to being surprised myself when I found out, mind.

lorryspotting.com/newsArticl … 1123958522

Lucy:

i thought they were something to do with hanbury davis, dont think the are anything to do with carters, could be wrong, thought all the trucks were rented or leased through hanburys

tyler4164:

chorcheela:
quote]
Yes i mean goldstar heathrow. Dont know where exactly they’re based but ive seen an advert for drivers & was thinking of applying

they are based at feltham, i loaded from sound moves last week, they share the same yard at feltham, i have no idea what they are like to work for etc