Any comments on this truck accident?

Here’s a page from Snopes, a site which examines urban legends.

The photos show a truck stuck on railway tracks, following a wrong turn but the status is “undetermined”.

snopes.com/photos/accident/railroad.asp

Anyone got any thoughts?

I’ve heard of things falling off the back of a lorry but never a lorry falling off the back of a train :wink: :wink: :laughing: :question:

im surprised it got that far up the bank! the driver must of fell asleep, no-one would think ‘ah i’ll just take a short cut across some fields and a railway track’ :open_mouth:

whilst having a chat in the drivers room about hills they had conquered in a way that only drivers could,afterwards one of them went a bit too far trying to out do his colleagues.
with comedy consequences

He must have been drunk, no one in their right mind would have attempted that. :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:
Anyone got any thoughts?

I would of thought it was impossible for that truck /trailer combo to drive into that position?

Mike-C:

Harry Monk:
Anyone got any thoughts?

I would of thought it was impossible for that truck /trailer combo to drive into that position?

My thoughts too. But how did it get there?

If you look closely, you can see what looks like a highway running parallel with the railroad. Couple that with the snow and probable ice and it’s easy to figure out what happened.

Looks like the satnav said ‘turn right’ and satnav always knows best. Can’t blame the driver for following his satnav into the ■■■■■ can you?

praps it fell off a train …

he was probably polish :exclamation:

no way did that go up that bank, it must have come down it :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Denis F:
no way did that go up that bank, it must have come down it :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

agreed. look at the angle the trailer is at. the nose of the unit would have buried itself into the embankment

scanny77:

Denis F:

agreed. look at the angle the trailer is at. the nose of the unit would have buried itself into the embankment

I’m not so sure - it only has a very short front overhang and you can see on a couple of the pictures that the bonnet appears to be damaged, presumably from some kind of impact.

Paul

ok then, the top of the fridge would have damaged the back of the cab. the exhaust and air deflectors look untouched at the top

Harry Monk:
Anyone got any thoughts?

He probably wanted to be a train driver when he was a kid :unamused:

i recon hes fell asleep if you look at the second picture on the right looking at the back of the trailer there are wheel marks in the grass so he obviously went up that way at fair rate of knots aswell

i reckon he has gone of the beaten track :smiley: i know i know taxi for me!!!

maverick72:
i recon hes fell asleep if you look at the second picture on the right looking at the back of the trailer there are wheel marks in the grass so he obviously went up that way at fair rate of knots aswell

The wheel marks where from the “wrecker” in the other picture!! :unamused:
It has to be physically impossible for the truck to have climbed that embankment without doing serious damage,I reckon the same as T-Trev he had to have slid off a highway nearby. :sunglasses:

Big Truck:

maverick72:

The wheel marks where from the “wrecker” in the other picture!! :unamused:
It has to be physically impossible for the truck to have climbed that embankment without doing serious damage,I reckon the same as T-Trev he had to have slid off a highway nearby. :sunglasses:

unless the wrecker can get under the trailer ill agree with you if you magnify the picture the tracks carry on under the trailer :unamused:
also wheres the “road” hes supposedly slid off and to slide off a road without jacknifing and going straight down the hill like that with no damage to the sides of the truck :unamused: back at you

also on the 4th picture there isnt any tracks or disturbance in the snow and if you have done recovery everyone will tell you,you allways drag it out the way it went in