Announcement: Moving on ..... Onwards and upwards

Around 15 years ago we founded TruckNet UK, with a few hundred pageviews a week and 30 members. Today our pageviews a month are in the millions. When it was bought by Reed Business Information (RBI) in 2006 , some said that the site would become a pay site. As Facebook took off it was said that it would kill off forums such as these. None of which has come true.

The TruckNet forums have grown and evolved each year, different characters have come and gone but the forums march on. Since the management buyout from RBI into Road Transport Media (RTM) my role has changed, spending a lot more time on other products, including our print magazines, websites, social media and events. Much of the day-to-day running of the forums has been left to the volunteer team. With other calls on my time this has meant that TruckNet hasn’t had the full consideration it deserves.

So the decision has been taken to invest in TruckNet and bring on board some help in the form of a part-time forum manager. We have scoured the world to find a suitable candidate but struggled to find anyone who would put up with you lot :wink:- so we offered our very own Diesel Dave a couple of pies and a pasty and he said yes!

From the 3rd October Dave will take over much of the day-to-day tasks in managing TruckNet. On the same date I will be moving to a new role within RTM focusing on Commercial Motor’s online content.

I still retain overall oversight of TruckNet and am responsible for it to the managing director. So I am not going away (sorry).

I hope you will join me in congratulating Dave on his new role and support him as you have done me over the years.

Congratulations to Dave I would think a good candidate to take over I am sure he will do a fine job know ing him

Good luck with it all sure this will work well

Dave
Aboslutely
Deserves
Recognition
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done Dave,you’re great :smiley:

Well done Dave. And good luck Rikki.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Wow 15 years ago. I was one of it’s early members and am still here today. Can’t believe it has been so long.

Trucknet has been a very good source of information even for an old timer like me. Long may it continue despite the onslaught of other internet sites.

Good luck to Dave, and well done to Rikki for keeping his sanity for so long, although if I were Dave, I would have held out for more than a couple of pies and a pasty.

Ken.

Time rolls on and things transform and change. It’s the natural order of life (adapt or die).
This is the ONLY Internet forum I’ve ever even looked at never mind joined. The only reason for that is the content and the posters.

I’d like to wish both Rikki and Dave all the best for the future, but above all I’d like to thank the whole TNUK team for consistently making this forum one of my favourite ways to kill time! :smiley:

Congratulations to both Dave and Rikki.

Congratulations DD, don’t eat both Pies & the Pastie all in one go, or you’ll end up on the Body Coach Diet like me [emoji6]

Yes congratulations and thanks to you all who help to run TN. Good luck Dave. :slight_smile:

Best wishes for the future rikki , and welcome diesel dave in your new role . No relation to dodgy dave ?

How long ago how long have i been on here again possibly too long. All the best rikki

Congrats both :slight_smile:

alix776:
How long ago how long have i been on here again possibly too long. All the best rikki

I am admitting nowt :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Congrats to the only staff member that remembers his login details :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Many thanks for the update. Keep up the good work chaps! :smiley: Robert

Best of luck to the both of you and thanks for all the hard work that you must have put in to the forum over the years. Two pies AND a pasty, that sounds like an excellent hourly rate of pay. :sunglasses:

Best of luck in your future endeavors Rikki.

Congrats Diesel Dave, I trust the premod avoidance bribes are still the same :wink:

Good luck to the both of you in your new rolls :smiley: :smiley:

Congrats to you both and thanks for the update,keep up the great work you do for the forum and all the best for the future. :smiley: :smiley: