Agency Driver Network

OVLOV JAY:
Yeah I used to do the orange mob for crown. They were ok until I had a car accident on the way to work, had 2 weeks off and they got arsey with me when I went back. All of a sudden I went from 6 days a week to 2-3 max. Wasn’t a woman there then. That’s why I asked if it was berry, as there’s a woman in that one

He’s spoken to Berry and they weren’t very helpful!!

They didn’t have too much work ten years ago when they were crown personnel, tbh. More 7.5t than artics

OVLOV JAY:
They didn’t have too much work ten years ago when they were crown personnel, tbh. More 7.5t than artics

Pretty much the same now. And so the hunt continues… Hoddesdon/Enfield are next on my hit list

padsmrs:

OVLOV JAY:

Pretty much the same now. And so the hunt continues… Hoddesdon/Enfield are next on my hit list

Your in a good area for work at any rate so something will turn up.

Thanks for all your comments guys, most helpful as you were last time I posted. You’re a good bunch and I do enjoy reading some of these threads, I find some of them most amusing :smiley:

Robertthegreat:
I am on their books PAYE i took that option when they offered it to see and its not on the umbrella side of ADR so just like a normal payed job with payed holidays

I eventually signed up as PAYE only last year - Not had a single shift out of them in all that time. :imp:

If I’d signed up for their 12 hour umbrella contract thing, they’d have thrown work at me I’m sure - But not the work I was after which was ONLY weekends, since their weekday rates were crap - especially for pseudo-self-employed which I wanted no part of. :cry:
I was happy to make a 12 hour commitment every week, but of course it was the 12 hours THEY decided you could have, which would have been any old crap like 2xflat 6 hour shifts tuesday & wednesday at minimum rates. (<£8.50ph)

Umbrella seems like the hard sell today, a bit like an actor getting an equity card, or getting a loan and ticking the “I don’t want PPI or cold calls” box! :angry:

It’s not just this agency doing it. Many others I’ve since signed up with offer great hourly rates, but not for the work they have available.
I’ve not worked Christmas Day in over 20 years for example, but someone somewhere will imply it’s “triple time on dated BH’s” which of course you’ll never get any of, because it doesn’t exist! Meanwhile, there’s the £8.33 on the work that they’ve got their books full of. 6am start monday-friday NISA artic multidrops & HIAB work!

What’s that Jewish proverb about “Throwing all your money up in the air, and what God wants - he keeps!”…?

The joy of the umbrella scheme to get out of the agency worker regulations so the big companies don’t have to pay you as they would pay a direct employee!!

Well, little update, interesting day of phone calls, now in a moral/ethical dilema…ARGH

padsmrs:
The joy of the umbrella scheme to get out of the agency worker regulations so the big companies don’t have to pay you as they would pay a direct employee!!

Well, little update, interesting day of phone calls, now in a moral/ethical dilema…ARGH

Welcome to the murky underworld of agency work…wot’s 'appening then? Tell us, tell us!

44 Tonne Ton:

padsmrs:

Welcome to the murky underworld of agency work…wot’s 'appening then? Tell us, tell us!

Bit iffy to post why in public, just have plenty of food for thought and a very interesting dilema with the possibility of a permament job at the end but could be a bumpy ride for 12 weeks…

go and sign on for manpower royal mail as stated is 11.75 per hour proper holiday pay and the pay for days is/was £9 then 11.75 after 8 hours easy work and decent kit and runs.

war1974:
go and sign on for manpower royal mail as stated is 11.75 per hour proper holiday pay and the pay for days is/was £9 then 11.75 after 8 hours easy work and decent kit and runs.

If its out of chelmsford it’s too far, we’d need to get a second car and he’s getting more per hour with his current agency, thanks though

I’ve worked for them for the last 5 years on and off ,they keep me in work when i need it and they have always paid me on time.used to muck me about in the early days with being dropped for a shift here and there, but no problems now.

padsmrs:

OVLOV JAY:

hodddesdon-pcl have adverts on there boards for company drivers,read the stories on here,but might be worth belling up and getting full s.p from horses mouth,might give you a bit of breathing space

ady1:

padsmrs:

OVLOV JAY:

hodddesdon-pcl have adverts on there boards for company drivers,read the stories on here,but might be worth belling up and getting full s.p from horses mouth,might give you a bit of breathing space

Poles, Czechs and Lithuanians? I don’t think so…used to have a good earner doing the milk a few years ago until those ■■■■■ killed it.

ADR have the national contract for DHL so while other agencies may currently be supplier for some sites, ADR will be taking them all over in time once they have enough drivers. up here boots is still using whoever but NAS got kicked out of Nisa and only supply as back up. iceland/booker and Nisa/BP are the 2 contracts that ADR are currently working on as well as co-op although each contract has its core pool of drivers with some who are moved across as necessary. best bet is to get a few shifts with them and get in with the client. get on the rota at Nisa and you are practically an employee with the client. ADR only give you start times

ADR are the DHL lead agency, they usually sub work out to other agencies because they can’t cover it all. In the Crick area they mess the second tier agencies around but the ADR drivers have no complaints.

padsmrs:

war1974:

If its out of chelmsford it’s too far, we’d need to get a second car and he’s getting more per hour with his current agency, thanks though

#once youve done the 12 week thing youll be up to £16 an hour for days

scanny77:
ADR have the national contract for DHL so while other agencies may currently be supplier for some sites, ADR will be taking them all over in time once they have enough drivers. up here boots is still using whoever but NAS got kicked out of Nisa and only supply as back up. iceland/booker and Nisa/BP are the 2 contracts that ADR are currently working on as well as co-op although each contract has its core pool of drivers with some who are moved across as necessary. best bet is to get a few shifts with them and get in with the client. get on the rota at Nisa and you are practically an employee with the client. ADR only give you start times

He’s already worked down and Nisa for about 4 weeks, looks like he will be contnuing with his trunk run via ADR, fingers crossed things will work out.

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

padsmrs:

OVLOV JAY:

Poles, Czechs and Lithuanians? I don’t think so…used to have a good earner doing the milk a few years ago until those [zb] killed it.

He spoke to them when we literally had NOTHING coming in and got told he wouldn’t want to do it given the work he’d done previously!!!

padsmrs:

44 Tonne Ton:

ady1:

padsmrs:

OVLOV JAY:

Poles, Czechs and Lithuanians? I don’t think so…used to have a good earner doing the milk a few years ago until those [zb] killed it.

He spoke to them when we literally had NOTHING coming in and got told he wouldn’t want to do it given the work he’d done previously!!!

They’re not lying! :grimacing: