2012 the year of the troll

As is traditional on News Years Eve TruckNet gets a ■■■■■■ up-- I mean a yearly round up post from me… well here is this years

To get in the mood I got stuck into the ale around lunchtime :wink: and am feeling pretty ■■■■ good about now

There is no way of avoiding it 2012 was the year of the troll, where a small number of people (some with multiple identities) created an atmosphere that the majority of posters disliked. The admin team at the request of members had backed off on the level of moderation, no two ways about this, it backfired and let the trolls run riot for a while.

A little too late we cracked down, a process that is still ongoing, but slowly and surely the trolls individually are overstepping the mark and finding it more difficult to post freely. It will always be impossible to eliminate trolling completly and our best advice is to not feed the trolls. Dont bite to their comments , dont react at all just ignore, if you find it difficult use the friend/foe feature which will hide idiots comments for you

One side effect of this , is that while being a moderator on here is often a thankless task, sharing among each other the whinging and crying e-mails from the posters that have found their posting rights restricted does give some amusement :wink: :smiley: :smiling_imp: heres to reading a few more in early 2013

Yet again this year the usual suspects have foretold that this forum is dying on its feet- That people are not using it any more, well in the 10 years it has been going people have come and gone, some take a break and come back, others never seen again, its the nature of forums and has been the same ever since we started. The one thing that is fact is that the forums have more people visiting than ever before, more returning visits, from more unique users… hardly dying… but if thats what they want to believe then we hope it makes them happy in their own littlle world :wink: :grimacing: .

This was our first full year under the new management after the buyout from RBI, now longer having the back up, or restrictions of being part of a multinational has been a learning curve, however after recent discussions with the MD the company is more than happy with the traffic, responses from the members and the fact that for yet another year we havent been sued (always a good thing)

We gave members here free access to the CM archives before they went public, and you all raised over £2000 for a drivers charity- thank you

Plans for 2013? more of the same… the party has a budget and planning is under way, We hope to have a presence at some of the truckshows ( we were at more in 2012 than ever before), Members here get the best discount anywhere on our print titles if they choose/want to take them up- that will continue. there are some other quite major plans that will open up opportunities for folks, but until the details are finalised and signed off details will be scarce.

What is for sure in 2013, those people that want to disrupt and annoy other members will find out that they are not wanted here, and the admin team will endeavour to identify whatevever names/IP address’s they are using and make their continued use of these forums as difficult as possible.

Thanks to all those that continue to add valuable content here and make TruckNet UK easily the busiest UK Truck driving forums on the web, Happy New Year to you all,

7/10 for the rant, could do better :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nothing will change Rikki 2013. Trolls will still be about and people will make other profiles up.

Is there anything you can do to stop this then?

Come on Rikki - I’ve seen more rambling from you than this :laughing: :laughing:
Has someone been watering down the beer??
Happy New Year and lets hope the trolls are sent back where they came from :smiley:

gardun:
Come on Rikki - I’ve seen more rambling from you than this :laughing: :laughing:
Has someone been watering down the beer??
Happy New Year and lets hope the trolls are sent back where they came from :smiley:

hence my previous post :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
7/10 for the rant, could do better :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, failure of a drunken rant. any self respecting Leeds potwasher could run rings around that.

I nominate Geoffrey to be the next official ranter.

Meanwhile another year on, another year older.

shuttlespanker:

As much as that I would give him 5/10 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Am I the only one hearing this is a Len Goodman sound-a-like type voice? :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wiretwister:

shuttlespanker:

Am I the only one hearing this is a Len Goodman sound-a-like type voice? :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No :wink:

I’m also hearing Animal on juke box jury saying “I’ll give it 5”

I suppose saying I’d give it one could be taken the wrong way :laughing:

nick2008:

I suppose that would depend who you were giving the one to :wink:

Denis F:

nick2008:

i presumed he was referring to Animal :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ang, grab your coat, you’ve pulled :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

Denis F:

nick2008:

i presumed he was referring to Animal :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ang, grab your coat, you’ve pulled :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll have you know Rob Ang is a loveable rouge :laughing:

nick2008:

shuttlespanker:

Denis F:

nick2008:

i know, but, just watch out for the elbow to the ribs :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sheepskin coat on then Ang :grimacing:

shuttlespanker:

nick2008:

shuttlespanker:

Denis F:

nick2008:

i know, but, just watch out for the elbow to the ribs :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No the hand to the ribs :blush: :blush:

Nick how do you know I am a rouge :question: when you have never met me :unamused:

animal:

Nick how do you know I am a rouge :question: when you have never met me :unamused:
[/quote]

loveable rouge sweet :laughing: spoke to you on the phone

nick2008:

animal:

shuttlespanker:

loveable rouge sweet :laughing: spoke to you on the phone

you poor sod :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

me or Ang Rob :sunglasses:

you :wink: