1st week Box Jockey observations

m.a.n rules:
Are you on for marmite mate…?

No way , Port express

blue estate:

m.a.n rules:

No way , Port express

ahh, that explains a lot, decent outfit from what i’ve heard… glad you are setteled… :wink:

m.a.n rules:

blue estate:

m.a.n rules:

No way , Port express

ahh, that explains a lot, decent outfit from what i’ve heard… glad you are setteled… :wink:

Thanks , I get left alone and it’s easy work
Also would be better if Southampton container terminal was a bit more modern like Gateway and Felixstowe

Port Express, you’ll see the occasional Freightroute lorry waiting in your yard to get into Associated Pallets. That was my first introduction to one of your comical colleagues when I was with them lol. He came in to trailer swap and he was constantly going ah fu… fu…ing fu…fu… fu…ing ahhh fu… etc. I thought he was having a bad day.
Then the other week I was on break at Rownhams and I hears AAA fu…fu…ing…fu…fu… and though that sounds familiar. I looked up and there he was parking up. It’s not tourettes either

Well as my 6th week and 16k kms under my belt come to a Close I’m still liking the job even more so with this nice dry weather we’re having :laughing:
Still going to new places as well .
Also bank balance is a lot healthier as well not being on salary but paid hourly now

blue estate:
Well as my 6th week and 16k kms under my belt come to a Close I’m still liking the job even more so with this nice dry weather we’re having :laughing:
Also bank balance is a lot healthier as well not being on salary but paid hourly now

Is Paul still TM at PE ? Proper no-nonsense Yorkshire yeoman.He left the box world for a couple of years but allegedly returned to his realm after seeing the error of his ways.He was my boss at Dart-Distribution for some time at Marchwood and a ■■■■ good chap at that.

manalishi:

blue estate:

Is Paul still TM at PE ? Proper no-nonsense Yorkshire yeoman.He left the box world for a couple of years but allegedly returned to his realm after seeing the error of his ways.He was my boss at Dart-Distribution for some time at Marchwood and a ■■■■ good chap at that.

No , a bloke called Dean Hull , old Dave is still in the office

blue estate:

manalishi:

blue estate:

Dean Hull ?..hmm,wondering if it’s the same Dean who was once with me at Young’s before the horrors of the Kemball takeover when most of us abandoned the new heavy Draconian regime for pastures new ? If it’s the Dean of old who went to Goldstar and is now officed at Port Express then that’s another good reason to try them.A decent fellow for sure.

manalishi:

blue estate:

manalishi:

blue estate:

Dean Hull ?..hmm,wondering if it’s the same Dean who was once with me at Young’s before the horrors of the Kemball takeover when most of us abandoned the new heavy Draconian regime for pastures new ? If it’s the Dean of old who went to Goldstar and is now officed at Port Express then that’s another good reason to try them.A decent fellow for sure.

Sent you a pm mate with a fb pic of him

When you empty a container then reload straight to a curtain sider to deliver to customer
IE plywood , Slabs , bricks , boxes of clothes because customer can’t take containers
Electricity transformers

Ah… a ‘de-van’…Ich verstehe !

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
For me that slow overtake can be the difference between my own bed or a night out

Or hospital bed or never home again - just a thought

manalishi:

blue estate:

manalishi:

blue estate:

Yeah that Dean at Youngs was a good lad when me and Stuart were on nights there, never knew his surname. There was Andy who went to PMP (now finished) after he left, he was ok apart from being a Pompey supporter and also a nipper called Nathan.