Works Bag Stolen

I had my works bag stolen today everything in it a fortnights worth of tachograph plus this week, my maps, music tapes (most important) and sandwich boxes etc.

I took some items out of the car (My car was parked on the road instead of the drive) to take to the house, left my car door open only slightly came back no bag.

Rang the police to report the crime just because of the tachograph really and the forensic unit was meant to be coming to take finger prints… waited in all afternoon for them…did they arrive nope.

Rang the agency up and gave them the crime number and they rang UPS and I’ve not heard any more really.

I have no running sheets for what I have done (I don’t get paid from the tachographs) so I can’t fill out manual tachograph, as I have no information.

Is there anything else I can do?

Advise your local traffic office/VOSA of the situation regarding the lost discs, preferably in writng, which could cover you further down the line if they do a tacho check. Don’t rely on the company to do it for you.

In your situation I would write to VOSA as Neil suggests but send two copies, one for their file and on with a space at the bottom for them to sign, date and print the name and rank of the signatory so you have a proof that you have informed them. Its funny how letters disappear through the black hole in the back of the filing cabinet.

You can also produce this as a proof if you get stopped on the road, so VOSA person can ring VOSA person and verify.

Its just a suggestion, trying to be helpful, its your ■■■!

Good idea CM

CM:
In your situation I would write to VOSA as Neil suggests but send two copies, one for their file and on with a space at the bottom for them to sign, date and print the name and rank of the signatory so you have a proof that you have informed them. Its funny how letters disappear through the black hole in the back of the filing cabinet.

You can also produce this as a proof if you get stopped on the road, so VOSA person can ring VOSA person and verify.

Its just a suggestion, trying to be helpful, its your ■■■!

enclose a stamped addressed envelope as well mate , so they can post it back to you , every little helps

Posted…with a sae…thanks