Working your Holiday

Hi ya,

Can any one help confirm whats legal and not?

I work in a office mon to friday 36 hours a week mins my breaks (41 hours with breaks)

I have some holiday to use up so wanted to know if during the week i have of whats the hours that i can work legally.

Ie does the 36 hours get added as other work still as if i was still in the office or is it just rest time and i can work the hours keeping in line with my max driving/daily work hours?

ril4881:
Hi ya,

I work in a office mon to friday 36 hours a week mins my breaks (41 hours with breaks)

I have some holiday to use up so wanted to know if during the week i have of whats the hours that i can work legally.

Ie does the 36 hours get added as other work still as if i was still in the office or is it just rest time and i can work the hours keeping in line with my max driving/daily work hours?

If you’re having a complete week (Monday to Sunday) off from your office job, you can legally work whatever hours you want as long as you comply with the drivers hours regulations.

If you drive to EU regulations in the same week as you work in the office, the office work will count as other work.

ril4881:
Hi ya,

Office work is under normal WTD
EU regs driving is under RTD
Work under WTD counts as other work for the EU driver regs but does not count for RTD

If you do both in the EU regs/RTD fixed week which is sunday midnight to sunday midnight then the office work must be officially recorded and the easiest way is to use a seperate analogue card for each day with name date start and finish time on it
This is so the powers that be can check if you have complied with the weekly rest regs

Work means just that - work - holls are not work

I know a couple of people who drive when on holls from a main job to keep their hand in - being paid twice for the same time can be very nice :smiley:

cheers guys as said wanted to make sure before i did anything that would see me in the dog house