Working in U.A.E

Hi I would like to know from anyone who is or has worked in the U.A.E, I have been offered a short term contract driving round Abu dhabi and Dubai i’d like to know what it is like out there such as cost of living and what sort of money I’m looking at being paid… as the company has said they will pay £100 aday on self employment basis…please help! as money is very short here and dont want to go out there without getting feed back from fellow truckers.

£100 per day - self employed? I wouldn’t touch it to be honest, Its close to 10 years ago when I used to work for a company that used to send Drivers and others all over the world (From Canada, to South Africa, to Middle east , to Far East and amost everywhere in between) on a fairly regular basis on short term contract work. and the pay then as fully employed wasnt far off what you are being offered now.

Have you had a look at www.kbr.com.They hire drivers to worldwide locations.Based in Houston,Texas,USA.

KBR only need drivers for iraq and afghanistan.

All there other contracts round the world they only use locals.

Hi Bertie

If you need a job and are not Married like a bit of sun sea and sand get yourself out there its a great place though £100 a day isnt a lot but if u take a tent live like a bedi buy a pickup and a camel you should be fine go for the the experience if nothing else good luck

Roger(Rita) Haywood Ex ME Driver