Working Hours Unsure If I can Do This

Can I do the following?. Something is telling me I can’t.

Today I was in work for a couple of hours till 4pm.

Can I start Friday am approx 3am, and work till Tuesday. Then have Wednesday off and start again Thursday till Monday, unsure on start time for the Thursday. Thus having a reduced rest. My previous shift prior to today was Saturday night finished Sunday 6am, so 45 hours there no problem.

Something is telling me this would be two reduced rest periods but also thinking no I can do it. Help please!

Darrenb:

Can I start Friday am approx 3am, and work till Tuesday. Then have Wednesday off and start again Thursday till Monday, unsure on start time for the Thursday. Thus having a reduced rest. My previous shift prior to today was Saturday night finished Sunday 6am, so 45 hours there no problem.

Something is telling me this would be two reduced rest periods but also thinking no I can do it. Help please!

Lets start this in order …

WEEK 1 ends with weekly rest starting sun at 6am - does this week need a regular or reduced weekly rest?

WEEK 2
mon off
tue off
Now had 80 hours off
wed 2pm to 4pm
thu off = reduced weekly rest of 35 hours
fri work
sat work
sun work

WEEK 3
mon work
tue work
wed off = reduced weekly rest of ■■? hours
thu work
fri work
sat work
sun work

WEEK 4
mon work
Must have a regular weekly rest at some point in this week and start it by 2359 hours on sunday*

The 80 hours off can be used as a regular 45 and a reduced 35 but in what order depends on the answer to my question about WEEK 1

*If the reduced 35 can be used for WEEK 1 then the regular 45 can be used for WEEK 2 which makes that lot legal BUT if WEEK 1 needs the regular 45 then its not legal

ROG:

Darrenb:

Lets start this in order …

WEEK 1 ends with weekly rest starting sun at 6am - does this week need a regular or reduced weekly rest?
None Needed

WEEK 2
mon off
tue off
Now had 80 hours off
wed 2pm to 4pm
thu off = reduced weekly rest of 35 hours
fri work
sat work
sun work

WEEK 3
mon work
tue work
wed off = reduced weekly rest of ■■? hours
thu work
fri work
sat work
sun work
At Least 24 hours
WEEK 4
mon work
Must have a regular weekly rest at some point in this week and start it by 2359 hours on sunday*
Not A Problem
The 80 hours off can be used as a regular 45 and a reduced 35 but in what order depends on the answer to my question about WEEK 1

*If the reduced 35 can be used for WEEK 1 then the regular 45 can be used for WEEK 2 which makes that lot legal BUT if WEEK 1 needs the regular 45 then its not legal

What do you mean by - none needed?

You worked at least Saturday night in that week so a weekly rest is needed for WEEK 1

Sorry Rog before the Saturday night I had not worked for a week

Darrenb:
Sorry Rog before the Saturday night I had not worked for a week

AH !!
In that case the 80 hours off is the regular 45 rest for WEEK 2 :smiley:

That makes the lot legal as long as you have a regular 45 rest for WEEK 4

The only hours that will need paying back are the hours owed from the reduced weekly rest in WEEK 3

As you never work more than 5 shifts between weekly rests then the 144 hours max rule between weekly rests is of no concern :smiley:

Cheers Rog helps a lot. [WHITE SMILING FACE]