Work for travis perkins

Winseer:

Drift:

Winseer:
Never work for a firm that spends all it’s money on looking nice, but naff all on their own staff… :bulb:

They see property and image as an investment and staff as a renewable commodity :wink:

Food is also a “renewable commidity” - but I’m sure if you force-fed the board of directors out of date food “to save money”, sooner or later they’d all be poisoned…

A malcontent workforce is a festering sore, that any sensible firm would realise they could do without - best by preventing it occuring in the first place. :wink:

I am with you there Winseer, but its a long slow hill to climb to get the antibiotics :wink:

Be quick this job will soon be snapped up :laughing:

Job Title DRIVER LGV C (CLASS 2) CHG/86963

LocationCHELTENHAM, GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Hours44.5 PER WEEK, BETWEEN MONDAY-FRIDAY 7.30AM-5PM
Wage £5.52 PER HOUR
Work PatternDays
EmployerTravis Perkins
PensionNo details held

DurationPERMANENT ONLY

Description
Must have a LGV C (Class 2) driving licence. You will be working for a busy building merchants. Duties include dealing with loads, multi-drop local deliveries and also provide excellent customer service.

How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01242 536457 and asking for Steve Hughes.

are house prices ok in cheltenham, i might relocate for that job :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wages are poor and house prices are dear .
but if you help yourself to a small part of the load everyday then give or take 20 years you could build your own house. :wink:

seriously, i know a few drivers for builders merchants and whilst the pay is poor they do get home every night and tax credits top the wages up :wink:

There is a TP depot outside the gloucester LGV DTC and I have yet to see a happy TP driver go by :cry:

you want to try waving out the window then rog :wink:

dave:
you want to try waving out the window then rog :wink:

like this :laughing:

TP are notoriously bad payers, and last year they sent a memo round to all of their staff ordering them not to show their pay slips to any drivers or other visitors.

The yardman told me this while he was showing me his payslip. He said “It would never in million years have occurred to me to show anyone my payslip before I got the memo talling me not to”

Their HGV drivers take home less than £800 a month and that’s working every other saturday too.

Having said that, Jewsons are no better.

i’d be very surprised if they get anyone for that hourly rate, most class 2 jobs are nearly all £8 an hour around that area.

TP recently opened a new branch near me.
They had a roadside advert looking for drivers,that in itself made me suspicious,glad I never bothered.

Ive seen them adverts thats a low rate for class 2 and all the hassle with this type of delivery, hiab on some deliveries, yet handball is a must ,on most drops…there is always someone out there who wants or more to the point NEEDS the job, thats what they continue to pay ridiculous hourly rates.

Nah not for me thanks.

I went for an interview with TP, I was willing to put myself through the HIAB,
They told me the wage If you can call it that, and I think they are still waiting for me 3 months on,
That pay rate is insulting.

The only way to hurt them is to hit them in the pocket too. If you buy blocks or paving slabs. dont buy them from TP but go to Marshalls or somewhere instead.

The Job centre should refuse to carry these adverts for jobs like this. Gordon and his cronies keep harping on about creating employment and cannot fill the positions with UK labour.

£5.52 per hour its Jewson slave labour

Hey guys, I work for TP and im on alot more money than has been said in this post!! the pay varys depending on the branch and the manager…

bj_rocke:
Hey guys, I work for TP and im on alot more money than has been said in this post!!.

How much?

I wont say exactly how much, but it is around the average wage for class 2…Just!!!

bj_rocke:
I wont say exactly how much, but it is around the average wage for class 2…Just!!!

Well, I’ll tell you what I earn, it’s £2000 a month take-home. And my wage is “less than average”. Most people here will tell you what they earn, it’s a truckers’ forum.

If I drove a rigid I would expect to take home a little less, but not much. Certainly not half as much.

The OP mentioned an hourly rate of £5.52 which is far less than a burger-flipper earns in McDonalds.

I’m sure you would agree that £5.52 is an inadequate hourly rate to offer to an HGV licence holder of any class. If TP offered a slightly less insulting wage, they wouldn’t need to employ so many agency drivers.

Harry Monk:

bj_rocke:

Well, I’ll tell you what I earn, it’s £2000 a month take-home. And my wage is “less than average”. Most people here will tell you what they earn, it’s a truckers’ forum.

If I drove a rigid I would expect to take home a little less, but not much. Certainly not half as much.

The OP mentioned an hourly rate of £5.52 which is far less than a burger-flipper earns in McDonalds.

I’m sure you would agree that £5.52 is an inadequate hourly rate to offer to an HGV licence holder of any class. If TP offered a slightly less insulting wage, they wouldn’t need to employ so many agency drivers.

Oh yes totally agree with you that £5.52 is a inadequate rate to be on for a driver!

Im on £1200 a month after tax, which works out to £7 - £8 an hour, which in my area is around average for class 2. I know a few of the other drivers for TP in my area are on the same wage.

Im also stiill classed as a new driver, only passed my test in Feb, and TP were the only place that would take me on, once the magic 2 years experiance has passed i may re-assess my situation! Also will have my class 1 by then!

i work class 2 for an independant builders merchant (only 6 branches) and i get £8.25 per hour before tax - i’ll be changing to class 1 somewhere else in the new year though now ive passed my test :slight_smile:

Hello all.

I’m stupid enough to work for TP too! Yes the pay could indeed be higher, the loads can be an absolute nightmare to deliver and the trucks could be a lot lot lot better.

Having said that and somewhat bizarrely, after painting the glorious pictutre above, i have to say that TP is probably the best company i’ve worked for.