Woodhead Pass

it was closed off about 4am this morning :open_mouth: I had to go over Saddleworth moor instead. What an experience. I figured i had as much chance of going over on the 62 as any of them. Earlier on i passed one on its side at the round about on the A46 between the M6 and the A426, although it wasn’t windy there :wink:

Know 66 is shut to high siders and the A1 nr Boroughbridge was closed as one had gone over.

According to the radio, a wagons gone over on the A1 near the A639 turn (northbound) near Pontefract turn off. About 2 mile or so from me. Its been lousy in Donny today although the wind has calmed down now a bit.

I recorded wind speeds at 30mph in Markfield, Leicestershire this morning (0930) and 35mph in Coventry this afternoon (1300).

These are with calibrated wind meters :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

not a day for the faint hearted thats for sure, it’s still blowing a gale here in rotherham! not sure at what point i’d say “stuff that” but the cost of recovery for an o/d must be frightening, thats assuming you walk away unscathed, quite happy to not have had a load today, yesterday took a trailer full of plant stands to romford with no more than two ton on the wagon, that would’ve made things interesting had it been today :open_mouth:

seems the 2 trucks that went over on the Woodhead this morning belonged to A+E transport at ecclesfield rotherham, I was watching the lunch time regional news and you could just make out the livery of 1 of the trucks. seems the 1st went over and the 2nd stopped to help, only to be blown over themselves.
I have done quite a bit of agy work out of their yard in the past hauling glass bottles & jars over to manchester, and beer out of coors at burton

Freightliner at Leeds has been shut most of the day. I was parked outside at 2pm when a bloke came out and said they had recorded gust over 70mph so they were staying closed and could we go and park some where else. So I parked at Woolly Edge instead.

wouldn`t fancy Saddleworth in that wind either. Reports of 100MPH winds on A1 around Catterick today,stuff that!