Wolter KOOPS truck confiscated

orys:
Harry Monk and likeswill keep repeating his stupid myths and if he will be proven wrong, he will try to ridiculle Orys or abuse him". [/i]

Bloody hell, so you’re being abused now? Dearie me, you really have got victimhood down to a fine art! :wink:

orys:
Well, you might be right. People, who cannot accept that someone is right and instead of admiting it, try to portrait him as a stubborn idiot are not the Trucknet speciality.

Four or five hundred years ago, there were a few stubborn idiots who refused to accept that the world was flat and could not accept that the flat-earthers were right instead of admitting their stupidity. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just referring back to the original post.
I seem to remember one of our polish friend’s rant’s in the not so distant past argueing that polish trucks do not have cheaper running costs than us ect.
Ok then, yes koops are a Dutch outfit could he explain why koops have flagged the fleet out, and now run on polish plates.
I have to say though, that my impression of polish trucks is, that they do seem to be mainly tidy looking these days.

Harry Monk:
Bloody hell, so you’re being abused now? Dearie me, you really have got victimhood down to a fine art! :wink:

No, I am not abused by you in this thread yet :slight_smile: I was refering to our previous discussions.

Harry Monk:
Four or five hundred years ago, there were a few stubborn idiots who refused to accept that the world was flat and could not accept that the flat-earthers were right instead of admitting their stupidity. :stuck_out_tongue:

so flat-earhters were right for you? Oh, that explains a lot :slight_smile:

Btw: you are right. 500 years ago people used to think that Earth is flat and in the centre of the Universe. Then one Polish chap, named Mikołaj Kopernik, proved them wrong. Oh, the irony :slight_smile:

Moreover, some people still believe that Earth is flat. They have even their society that is located, suprise, suprise, in Britain…
theflatearthsociety.org/cms/inde … &Itemid=67

Are you happen to be a member? :smiley:

orys:

Harry Monk:

No, I am not abused by you in this thread yet :slight_smile: I was refering to our previous discussions.

Harry Monk:

Btw: you are right. 500 years ago people used to think that Earth is flat and in the centre of the Universe. Then one Polish chap, named Mikołaj Kopernik, proved them wrong. Oh, the irony :slight_smile:

I thought it had something to do with Christopher Columbus
may be wrong :grimacing:

pierrot 14:
I thought it had something to do with Christopher Columbus
may be wrong :grimacing:

Yes, you are wrong. Christopher Columbus discovered America. Mikołaj Kopernik wrote De revolutionibus orbium coelestium where he explained (quite well for his times) how the Solar system works :slight_smile: You propably mixed Columbus with Magellan, the chap who organized first succesfull (well, to some extend) expedition around the world.

(Incidentally, some claim that Columbus was also Polish, a son of exiled Polish king WÅ‚adysÅ‚aw WarneÅ„czyk and only because he was also from royal family he was able to convince the king to pay for his trip: dailymail.co.uk/news/article … rians.html :laughing: )

I like to see Orys agitated, it kinda suits him :sunglasses:
P.S. Don`t believe all you read in books…The people who did it the first time, could not write :exclamation: :wink:
As in war, it is only the victors who ever wrote anything. one side of a story is not a complete story. :wink:

att:
As in war, it is only the victors who ever wrote anything. one side of a story is not a complete story. :wink:

Unlike some others here, I am not participating in this discussions to WIN something. I just want to show you other side of the coin.

We’re all mad, we make it all up, none of us ever sees a spun-round car and an eastern European truck on the hard shoulder every single day of the week, we are all just hallucinating racists. :wink:

You’re on the M20 as often as I am then Mr Monk!

Foreign lorries make about 1.5m trips to the UK each year. In 2011 there were 234 accidents involving lorries on Kent roads, with 37 involving foreign drivers.

m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-20281494

Orys i wish you would sod off back to your country you wee commie.if poland is so great why are you here in big bad glasgow taking a british mans job and college place.you act like a stroppy wee tart somtimes

nearly there:
Orys i wish you would sod off back to your country you wee commie.if poland is so great why are you here in big bad glasgow taking a british mans job and college place.you act like a stroppy wee tart somtimes

:laughing: :laughing:

orys:

att:

Unlike some others here, I am not participating in this discussions to WIN something. I just want to show you other side of the coin.

Come on then orys show the other side of why so many Dutch companies are registering there trucks in Poland if it isn’t just cheap to do so?

He will…He’s just finding some obscure text somewhere. There will be a million paragraphs of quotes along shortly.
Watch this space! :wink:

ROADRANGER:
Ok then, yes koops are a Dutch outfit could he explain why koops have flagged the fleet out, and now run on polish plates.

Koops have operating centres in Holland, Germany and Poland and have tractor units, trailers and wag and drags registered in all 3 countries.

Up until a couple of years ago they used to send accompanied trailers with Dutch and German tractor units and drivers over to the UK.

Now, however, most of the trailers go unaccompanied to the UK from The Hoek where they are then tipped and reloaded in the UK by their army of Polish registered tractor units which can be seen parked up around Harwich and Killingholme. A trailer wil be picked up, tipped, reloaded and dropped back into the port, then Bogdan will scuttle off to park his unit before repeating the same process the next day and the next and the next…

I have rarely seen a Koops Polish registered tractor unit on a boat, so I can imagine that Koops are in breach of cabotage regulations on a massive scale in the UK.

Koops have a warehouse in an industrial estate just outside the port gates at The Hoek which is as near as their Dutch or German registered units get to the UK these days.

It is like the UK situation in reverse with loads of Dutch, German and Polish tractor units parked up waiting for trailers to come off the boat.

Inselaffe:
I have rarely seen a Koops Polish registered tractor unit on a boat, so I can imagine that Koops are in breach of cabotage regulations on a massive scale in the UK.

That’s because they use the tunnel. I haven’t been out for a while, but when I was, there was always at least one Koops truck on the train with me. And they weren’t always Polish or Eastern Europeans.

ROADRANGER:
Come on then orys show the other side of why so many Dutch companies are registering there trucks in Poland if it isn’t just cheap to do so?

Because Polish economy became significant and lots of cargo moves in and out the country, so it’s good to have operating centre there. Some companies (like Raben) moves completely after they have hard time on their own market, but most of them just open another centre there. Koops registers trucks in Poland, but, as inselaffe pointed out, they have trucks registered in other countries as well. Just as other big international hauliers, for example Norbert.

The other thing is that they employ lot of Polish drivers, as they can have them cheaper, but from what I see on Polish forums, Koops is not the best company to work for, to put it very mildly. That’s propably why they still advertise for drivers. From my conversations on the train with Koops driver, lots of inexperienced drivers there, just to gain some experience and run. They are also not happy with the treatment they have. So because they employ least demanding workers on the market in Poland, they have plenty of people who agree to double manned 4 weeks of tramping, that most other people won’t do, and this is why most of the Koops trucks we see here are driven by Poles.

nearly there:

I heard the crap about taking British (as we use capital letter for nationalities in English) jobs before, but the college place really made me laugh :slight_smile: Most of my fellow students are foreigners, as British people are not interested in studying what I do (so we have Austrians, Americans, Fins, Swedes, Germans and Bulgarians in my group). This summer I was on the summer school of language - free four weeks holidays in Czech Republic were offered by Czech foreign ministry and interest in it was so low, that my Scottish friends went to two of them because there was no other candidates :slight_smile:

So, I for example wish you were talking less rubbish, but I am afraid, that won’t happen - just as it’s ME who decides where I want to live and what I want to do. Sorry :slight_smile:

Well aren’t you lucky, that our country is ■■■■■■ up enough to let you be here? :imp:

Orys your a jumped up ■■■■■ poland is only getting so many companys operating there as yous are the cheap tarts of europe and then your over here ponching about ,are you pulling the same family tax scam your polish tippper driving brothers were pulling in glasgow.jump back on your donkey back to poland.to be honest i think your a troll

Erm… Isn’t this all getting a touch personal? AFAIK, Koops aren’t even a Polish firm, so when did the mob start on Orys?

Orys is a great fella! Very knowledgeable and is a good lad in general! :wink:

Can some-one remind me what this thread is about as I seem to have forgotten? :unamused: