Wiseman's Dairies

Does anybody work for this company or know anything about them? Conditions, shifts, pay etc.?

Just seen an ad looking for drivers (new and experienced, Class 1 and 2)
for a new depot to be opening in Market Drayton, Shrops.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I opened this thread expecting, and looking forward to reading another account of life on the road.

Then I read the title of the thread again and realised that Dairies is a different word to Diaries. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Coffeeholic:
I opened this thread expecting, and looking forward to reading another account of life on the road.

Then I read the title of the thread again and realised that Dairies is a different word to Diaries. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yes neil me too…

I thought wiseman was a new member or just someone i hadnt seen post before … :blush:

Coffeeholic:

And your an Author :open_mouth: , halfway through the book, by the way, journey 700, excellent so far. :laughing: :laughing:

Wisemans do a lot of supermarket deliveries they run mostley volvo fm and daf cf. Allways clean and tidy kit most drivers seem happy , have two depots near me droitwich and avonmouth i think they do a lot of trunking from dairy to depots

RS005D1136:
Wisemans do a lot of supermarket deliveries they run mostley volvo fm and daf cf. Allways clean and tidy kit most drivers seem happy , have two depots near me droitwich and avonmouth i think they do a lot of trunking from dairy to depots

they’ve got a depot near Taunton, (on the old Langdons Truckstop site for all you oldies) and there are rumours of plans for a new bottling plant near Bridgwater

They have their own training vehicles as well -

wiseman-dairies.co.uk/

CM:

Coffeeholic:

And your an Author :open_mouth:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Volume two - Coffee’s Dairies. :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

It would take a Wiseman to spot that one. :laughing: :laughing:

Class 1 you will be driving tankers,new 55 plate dafs,probably 1 to droitwich,1 to trafford park.easy work, good company to work for.No P.O.A.s. 10 hr shift. 6 on 2 off, every 5th and 6th week Fri,Sat,Sun,/Sat,Sun,Mon, Last year i earned 30k but i work nights on milk collection.Be prepared to work bank holidays if rota’d, double time plus eight hours, full uniform provided, if you use your holidays wisley between your 5/6 weeks you will have 5 sets of 11 days per year, plenty of oppertunities within company to progress if wanted. There is a lot worse out there. :arrow_right:

Welcome to Trucknet Roy1 :laughing:

Cheers Roy - just applied for the Class 2 Tanker job. Hopefully hear back from them soon. :smiley:

Deleted

Used to work for them.

I was a night shunter and the pay was good. 20% night shift pay. Robert Wiseman was always famous for saying that his drivers were always to be paid the same no matter where they were based. Don’t know if this is still the case.

Although a bit ‘poverty-spec’, the kit was looked after extremely well. I have known motors to be sent into a DAF dealer for faults that could have been sorted later on return. But the boss wouldn’t have defective trucks on the road. Simple as that.

We had 12.5 tonne, 4x2 DAF LF45 170s doing corner shop-style deliveries, 24 tonne, 6x2 Volvo FL220s doing small supermarkets, and DAF CF85 340s pulling tri-axle Gray and Adams trailers doing the larger supermarkets.

On the rigids, 20 drops was nothing unusual - but it is certainly not for everybody. The artics only had one or two drops per run.

I only ever did proper one run for them on the road I delivered to one of the big Tesco Extras in a DAF 85, and it seemed pretty easy.

Uniform is plentiful and of good quality. They have a decent pension. And while at work, you could drink as much short-dated milk as you liked. I often used to drink four pints a night. :open_mouth:
We also had both class 1 & 2 training vehicles based on site in full ‘Robert Wiseman & Sons Training Division’ livery.

Promotion is usually from within. Most of the management got there through the ranks and were not afraid of a bit of graft - very rare these days! Our depot manager would lend a hand most nights if a wagon needed tipping and we were busy. He had a class 2 licence and I often asked him to go and fetch one of the Volvos from the local dealer after a service. He was always happy to help out with stuff like this, and we had a great atmosphere there because of this style of management.

And Robert Wiseman himself can turn up at any time without any warning. And if he does, he WILL come and talk to the blokes that are about at the time. He has his feet very much on the ground and is straight talking.

I left because of personal reasons - it was nothing to do with the job itself. I have never had a job where I was treated as well. I’d recommend them as a top firm to work for.

Cheers for the response’s.

Had an interview and filled out a medical form (cos I’m dealing with foodstuffs).

As long as they dont check my mental health record, that will be no problem! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiley:

Looks like Ive applied for a decent firm at last.

Ta all!

kjw21:
Does anybody work for this company or know anything about them? Conditions, shifts, pay etc.?

Just seen an ad looking for drivers (new and experienced, Class 1 and 2)
for a new depot to be opening in Market Drayton, Shrops.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

wiseman-dairies.co.uk/
you have to write a Email.
they send you then an Applicationsform you have to fill in and send it back.
You have to know where you will work :exclamation:
A friend sent his Apply there and they sended him a list of Dairies he could apply for.
He applied then for the wrong one and is out.
In that case to it as i with Pallexdrivers :laughing:
Stop a Lorry of theres,pay the driver a Coffee and ask some Question.
Maybe you are lucky

I do know that they have excellent training and regular driving assessments of their drivers. I’ve met their instructors in Scotland and they’re top notch blokes.

I have a mate who works at the Droitwich depot, he does the fridge work, he said it was ok there untill the wtd came in, now he can not get the hours in so has had to take on a second job doing recovery.