Why is TFR detergent no good nowadays?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows why TFR is not as good anymore? Ive noticed this over the past few years, and it doesnt clean the lorry properly anymore, never had to use a brush much in the past but have to use it every time now. Does anyone know of good TFR?

Sounds like a job for…

Jennychem.jpg

Coffeeholic:
Sounds like a job for…

Why has she never aged over the past 10-15 years ■■?
And yes I would :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tanktrotter:

Coffeeholic:
Sounds like a job for…

think its 25 years :astonished:

My best guess (and it is only a guess) is that environmental regulations mean all the most effective chemicals they used to use aren’t allowed any more and the tree hugging hippy chemicals they have had to replace them with aren’t as good.

Paul

most TFR had a mild corrosive added to it, it was this that made the stuff good, but as paul says due to enviromental probs, most places have to now have some sort of soakaway fitted before using it…

a place i knew a few years ago in brierley hill west mids used to use the stuff on a regular basis but got fined by enviroment as it had been traced back from a local pool (fens pools) nearly a mile away…

Coffeeholic:
Sounds like a job for…

Plus some elbow grease :wink:

so does that mean then that the soap can now be put down on yards that have no interceptors?..and does that also apply to “bio degradable” chemicals?.

Most effective TFR’s contain some sort of “active” ingredient i.e a mild corrosive i used to use autosmart truckwash or active XL on our trucks which both contain sodium hydroxide,as said above all the real “nasties” have been removed inline with COSHH legislation if you require a COSHH exempt product that would be hazsafe XLS, i was a valeter for 8 years and their products are topnotch, i cannot vouch for jennychem products as i have never used them.

Suppliers dare not increase the price so they water down the product, one supplier i heard was making is own TFR

Regular TFR is only good in concentrate from,you need to fill a nozzle pump container and spray the chemical directly on the surface leave for a minuite then powerwash off,there is a massive difference in the end result. The only decent detergent i ever used is called delta-force,you know it’s good when some get’s on your skin it burn’s instsntly :open_mouth:

ellies dad:
Regular TFR is only good in concentrate from,you need to fill a nozzle pump container and spray the chemical directly on the surface leave for a minuite then powerwash off,there is a massive difference in the end result. The only decent detergent i ever used is called delta-force,you know it’s good when some get’s on your skin it burn’s instsntly :open_mouth:

Yeah thats the stuff im after, something good n caustic! :smiley:

if it burns your skin think about the paintwork, when driving for a garage on recovery i used to help the valeters out a bit, and ive seen damage caused to paintwork from using neat TFR, from faded paint, to run marks down the wings ect where they have presprayed engine bay with tfr and it as run down the wings, at times would,nt even polish/ t cut out and have had to be repainted. also seen polished alloy wheels been stained by this stuff…

SHYTOT:
Suppliers dare not increase the price so they water down the product, one supplier i heard was making is own TFR

SHYTOT that was my first thought. Eddie.

tanktrotter:

Coffeeholic:
Sounds like a job for…

you wouldnt coz she wouldnt let ya :laughing: :laughing:

One of the main ingredients of any commercial vehicle cleaning product is Nitrilotriacetic Acid (Trilon) However this has been found to cause cancers and as any Norman Lewis or Gruber driver will tell you, we carried thousands of gallons of the stuff and treated it like bath oil.

Since the manufacturers have had to find different chemicals to use, the properties have changed.

Cheaper TFR probably use less surfactant and more caustic and salt, the reason for it staining paintwork

Hiya i think the price thing is the answer…before the b… walked out on me WE owned that place across
from the tank was in middlewich, all the chemicals mentioned i never saw on the premises apart from
the ali clean we made…the main ingreadiance i see on supermarket shelves…the main problem is i have to
buy TFR nowadays i don’t ask her for it anymore i’ll not stoop thet low.
John

my boss wont allow tfr anywhere near the coaches only when the underside ,engine, chassis is being cleaned for mot or being sprayed for undersealing will he allow tfr to be used

we use wash n wax from autosmart brings the paint work up a treat

we only use the pressure washer when he aint looking lol if he catches you its the hair dryer treatment and a lecture on how much the paint job costs

oh and he wont allow a brush anywhere near the paint work its a sponge and elbow grease im afraid and a rinse with a low pressure hose

3300John:
Hiya i think the price thing is the answer…before the b… walked out on me WE owned that place across
from the tank was in middlewich, all the chemicals mentioned i never saw on the premises apart from
the ali clean we made…the main ingreadiance i see on supermarket shelves…the main problem is i have to
buy TFR nowadays i don’t ask her for it anymore i’ll not stoop thet low.
John

I get my TFR from there John :exclamation: it does seem good stuff and works ok :confused: