Who trunks England - Scotland M6/M74

C’mon then any on here do regular trunking up the M74?

Up until Dec i did it most nights for about 2 years before that did tramping and day shift stuff.

Usually agency done it for DHL/Exel and their various contracts, City Link, AAH, Bibby, Sains and loads others.

Worst one was double run to Carlisle, that was a killer coming back up the road first time felt as if you were finishing up, did that for AAH and did it for another Exel contract can’t remember which one changed at the Nightowl.

Another one i didnt like was Sains from EK to Haydock, left about 2.30am so coming back up for about midday felt strange doing a trunk later on, always felt like a longer shift and always seem to be going slower driving during the day.

Easiest one was Exel Poundland contract when they used to change over at Penrith truckstop, if you didn’t hang about or get delayed could get down and trailer swaped on 2hr10min on the digi card, straight back up the road fueled up parked up just under the 4hrs 30mins, then home easy 8 hour shift. They changed that to changing over at Carnforth, still easy but longer shift for same pay really.

Citylink was good as well double man shifts people i worked with always decent guys, would be a nightmare though if working with people didn’t get on.

Longest one driving solo Bellshill to Stoke again Exel, was busy and needed someone to go straight down rather than do a changeover.

Another one didn’t like was Bellshill down to Knowsley, then take an empty up to Skelmersdale then take it to Tescos in Livingston, or the Co-op, was on night trunk mode so getting back to Glasgow area felt as if nearly finished but had to go to Livingston then sit about waiting to get tipped.

Like to get back into night trunking, but on the shopping trolleys the now cause its steady work. If things pick up and steady work on the night trunking prob go back on it, prefer it can be a bit dull but prefer the radio late at night and no hassles.