Who needs to go to Iraq to get into danger?

Had a fallout with three army guys in a white van on a roundabout on the A303 just over a week ago. They came up my inside on the R/about and I assumed they were going all the way round to the Salisbury road. Off the roundabout, quick check of my inside trailer wheels position away from the kerb, looked around and the army white van was still trying to overtake coming off the roundabout. (single carriageway with kerbed central reservation) He had nowhere to go, hit the kerb and bounced back into my front offside corner.

Result was I needed three fibre glass panels replacing (MAN). His sliding door may not work for some time, and his panelling may need some TLC. Think his passenger on the left hand side thought his time had come. The drivers first words were “Sorry mate - thought it was a dual carriageway” Found out they were from Bulford camp which was only about 5 miles down the road, so I thought he may just know the A303, and which roads are d/c.

Still, no-one hurt, swapped details and both went on our ways. No raised voices or recriminations - leave it up to the insurance companies.

Ended up with a DAF 95 for a week so back to playing with a box with lots of gears. One thing you guys may be able to help with - where is the 12v socket in a DAF? Found the 24v Hella and the cig lighter socket but could not find 12v to save my life. My fridge is a Halfords 12v jobby so not much fun!!

My mate has a 52 plate cf and says the only 12 he can find is behind the tacho. pull out the blanking panel and have a rumage around there

I have a 105/220, and no 12v system anywhere that I know of.

If I remember correctly, there should be a 12v socket on the passenger side of the tray, but you need to get an adapter to be able to use it.

you been 2 iraq horatio

On my XF,both sockets are marked as 24v but couldn’t get anything to work from the Hella on the n/s.Found out it had been converted to 12v.The voltage dropper had been mounted under the dash next to the fuses.It could be seen through the fuse box cover,towards the centre of the dash.Worthwhile checking if yours is the same.Check it with a voltmeter or 12v test lamp,not your fridge :wink: :wink: :smiley: