When Nobby got stuck 1/7/13

Roymondo:

pierrot 14:

Dieseldoforme:

You doubters.

This is NOT the Orpington bridge in the original post

It flipping well is! Just had a look on Google Earth (Station Road/Crofton Road, Orpington) and the view is identical (apart from the absence of truck on GE). And yes, it is the same motor too! If you look carefully around the 30s mark on the video, you can just see some damage to the top FNS corner of the trailer.
[/quote

Roymondo:

pierrot 14:

Dieseldoforme:

You doubters.

This is NOT the Orpington bridge in the original post

It flipping well is! Just had a look on Google Earth (Station Road/Crofton Road, Orpington) and the view is identical (apart from the absence of truck on GE). And yes, it is the same motor too! If you look carefully around the 30s mark on the video, you can just see some damage to the top FNS corner of the trailer.

Yes, you’re right, I do apologise :cry: :cry:

Gone off to eat a BIG portion of humble pie, with lashings of custard :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

you are not allowed custard with humble pie , thats cheating :laughing:

Dieseldoforme:

chaversdad:
I certainly wouldn’t have needed a wrecker to get me out.

Really ? The drive wheels were lifted off the ground.

If they had used the wrecker would have they really have bothered to retie police tape across the road.

Interstater:
If they had used the wrecker would have they really have bothered
to retie police tape across the road.

Yes - it looked quite pretty.

Reckon he’d get under that if he let the air out.

Saaamon:
Reckon he’d get under that if he let the air out.

ah ha… yes well I did notice in the original post the the air was totally down on the tractor unit - so I wonder if he’s attempted to dump it after this photo was taken and the trailer has dropped then moved forward(as it looks to be held back back the bridge in the pic) and become wedged under the bridge - if the trailer has no suspension valve then it will taper up towards the back like a wedge - potentially, this theory has got legs :slight_smile:

Something fishy here…

My trailer was… Sorry, I mean…

The trailer was actually suspended from the bridge by the Top Front Nearside corner.
The trailer jumped on impact and some kind of a girder sliced into it, holding it aloft.

Police and Network Rail insisted that a wrecker be used for a “controlled release.”

the maoster:
Are you looking at a different picture to us?

Did West Yorkshire police give you your information?

Do you actually drive a truck?

I’d imagine that judging by the photograph that is being displayed on this planet that even you would be capable of engaging reverse gear and driving that great thundering juggernaut away from that bridge!

You are very rude.

Dieseldoforme:

the maoster:
Are you looking at a different picture to us?

Did West Yorkshire police give you your information?

Do you actually drive a truck?

I’d imagine that judging by the photograph that is being displayed on this planet that even you would be capable of engaging reverse gear and driving that great thundering juggernaut away from that bridge!

You are very rude.

If having a low tolerance for fools who post rubbish with 100% conviction and then snipe at others who’s viewpoint differs, then yes I am rude.

But to (badly) paraphrase Winston Churchill; “tomorrow I will not be rude, but you Sir will still be foolish!” :smiley:

the maoster:
…yes I am rude.

You’re sad.

Dieseldoforme:

the maoster:
…yes I am rude.

You’re sad.

I rest my case.