When did the 'old days' end?

Juddian:

peterm:

OVLOV JAY:
I’ve heard a lot of old hands say they’d go back to the old days, but like my boss said, if I gave you an f10, the nostalgia will be nice for 10 minutes, but you’ll turn around at the 127 :wink:

It’s what we were brought up on. Gardner 180’s and 240’s, some with clutches that you had to stand on, underpowered Leylands throwing con rods out through the side, supposedly hgv’s with air or vacuum over hydraulic, draughts all over the place, heater if you was lucky, ropes and sheets or chains and dogs. Handballing on and off with 8,000 bricks or boxes of welding rods etc.

I’m under no illusion about what I call the old days, but the world was a nicer place. No mobiles, no trackers, no pimply yoof planning (read disrupting) your day, no tacho’s, no speed limiters, no one getting on your back because you’ve pulled over for a cuppa because you’re at one minute before your break. Nah, with all it’s drawbacks, I’d still go back… if I was still young and fit. :slight_smile:

Yup, and we all survived without a hivis between us.

I’d give me eye teeth for a proper lorry again to see me time out in, so long as it was British, had a 14 litre ■■■■■■■■ Jacob Brake, an Eaton Fuller box and a Rockwell axle, bliss.

Ha ha, sarcasm won’t get yer anywhere mate. We don’t need them new fangled ■■■■■■■ wotsits and road ranger jiggery pokery round here.