What's your pet hate about driving trucks?

Look at me,i am a mega trucker in my rigger boots and Canadian lumber jack shirt and my mullet hair do from the 1970’s.
A real babe magnet.
And the grease stained jogging bottoms.A great look.

Hannibal:
I hate the way plastic cones come to life and move when you’re not watching them.

:laughing: :laughing:

Truck drivers

Car drivers who pull onto the motorway then pull straight out to the outside lane with no hope or idea whats driving down the side of me at the time.

And back door bods who moan when you get there had 1 last week said “cant take the delivery yet its raining dont want to get my new coat wet” will be out when it stops :open_mouth: walked in got the manager to tell him to tip it, kept asking how his coat was stood in the trailer keeping dry lol.

Can I add car drivers who bible along with no clue as to what’s going on around them completely oblivious to the world outside their euro box

My most common hate is the car drivers trying to join a motorway. The cars they usualy drive are far more capable than doing 0-60 in 10 seconds!!!
So why do they have to try and enter a motorway at 40 miles per hour?
Hard luck try next time!
Im all for giving way but why should I ?
The swines only go and undertake you.
Try another mug!!!
Im waiting for you HA HA HA!!!

Who d’ya work for in Accy CPC Man?

From the yard shunter at TSL

prices to park at msa’s :imp: … why should i pay between £12 to£15 to pull my handbreak on for the night… and to make it worse my company wont pay me back my parking… but when im carrying valuable meat or other food they say i must park safe :angry: :imp: :unamused: :cry:

The grease & grime that goes with the job is the thing I hate most about being a trucker, also the social reprabates who use and clog up the CB airwaves during the day, my message to you is “get a ZB job, you [ZB].”

EDITED FOR LANGUAGE CONTENT,

terrible spelling will still not get it in :slight_smile: ATKIG11

Sooty, there’s a simple effective one word answer to that problem…

LEAVE

Brgds,

Speedy

Goods in bods that say “I 'm not sure if we want that”
To which I usually reply “Well you people ordered the ■■■■ stuff !”
I mean it’s not like we all drive around looking for likely places to tip is it.
“Ah, that’s a nice big yard, I’ll just drop a couple there !!!” or
“Their warehouse looks a bit empty, I’ll dump a couple of boxes or chinese christmas tree decorations there” :unamused:

Tomcat:
I mean it’s not like we all drive around looking for likely places to tip is it.
“Ah, that’s a nice big yard, I’ll just drop a couple there !!!” or
“Their warehouse looks a bit empty, I’ll dump a couple of boxes or chinese christmas tree decorations there” :unamused:

Wanna bet? We do on containers…I was actually given instructions to “Try every yard in Felixstowe until someone lifts it off” the other week… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Whats my pet hate about driving trucks ■■

Getting up and leaving home.

Driving trucks.

Going to work in sub zero temps.

Did I say getting up and leaving home ?

My pet hate is lane discipline on roundabouts, this has to be the most annoying part of driving an artic, you can guarantee that seven times out of ten you'll get done on the inside when turning right on a roundabout. Usually impatient car drivers and ■■■■■■ van types.

What's your pet hate?

AAAAAAARRRGGGH!

I've got to agree with you there Mr TNT, It seems that if you're turning right at a roundabout then any lane will do, after all I can beat a dirty, smelly truck in my beamer.

Not being able to get into loading bays for ignorant contractor van drivers who seem to think they have the right to use loading bays to park their astra vans; well that's my whinge & whine.

Ave it!

My pet hate is getting up in the mornings/middle of the night!

:open_mouth: If it was a whine about other truckers it would be when passing them… its obvious i am faster otherwise i would not be passing… but given a slight downhill where they speed up or a limiter that goes up and down a bit (do they “pump” it?) it can turn into a ballache - there are times when i wish i hadnt started to pass but you feel such a twit backing off when someone gets a spurt on and you know you will pass them soon anyway! Consider those behind me… all them buses, reps and so on… :smiling_imp:

Now i just keep an eye on the terrain cos i got thoroughbred horses… lots of them! :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :laughing:

:exclamation: NB: I back off for those of you that are faster than me - EVERY TIME! :exclamation: and i flash you in :exclamation:

When drivers leave their engine running in the MSA’s at 2:45 am when other truckers are trying to sleep! No consideration at all!! (Tot Hill A34 Thursday night:You know who you are!!).

Dan.

:smiling_imp: While having sympathy for those voting ‘turning right’, I work on the philosophy that you can always run them into the verge/barriers.
My pet hate is those who will NOT indicate that they are turning right at a roundabout and then want to give you the horn and lighs when you pull out. Not all are car/van drivers either. Please note that these are generally the same people who go round the roundabout as if they were in Ben Hur at the Colliseum. :imp: :imp: :imp:

my pet hate about driving trucks, is having to drive the dam things :smiling_imp: