What you pull?

Scmitz cargobull Euroliners, and Freuhoff tauts. Don’t know why, but the Freuhoffs are nicer to pull, but we can’t take them into Euroland, so I mainly end up with the Schmitzes. They’re ok, seem well enough built, and reliable too, especially on SAF axles.

i’ve got a tri axel legar walking floor, probably the best on the market. never uncouple it one unit one trailer setup. love using it never gives me any trouble :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I always pulled tippers, and I hate to say there’s probably only one and that’s the freuhauf,
Used to go for them on ROR drums, but laterly on Merc discs, my last 65cuyd bulker was lighter than my 1st 50 cuyd weightlifter and that was on springs :open_mouth:

Denis F:
according to the plate its a 1996 King DB18/2/19.5

in reality it’s a 22 foot tandem axle trailer that looks like this

Are you selling it, when you change your truck Denis?

Almost anything in live lane following an RTC :wink:

my fave trailers are the ones with all the lights working,no chunks,bald, or things sticking out of the tyres no abs faults legs that wind up easy ie not stiff oh and a barrel sitting on top

Used to pull Cartwright double deck trailers,when I worked at a certain Northamptonshire based company,and they were knackered after 18 months.They were the biggest pile of ■■■■ I have ever known,and had 2 lifts on them.One on the inside,and one on the outside.

Currently on the agency,working for a rather large yellow coloured logisitcs company,and they have a lot of SDC pillarless trailers,and they are also a bloody nightmare,as you can’t put any tension on the curtain straps,as the roof sags if you try to.Even if you do manage to tension one side,the other then goes slack because of the roof.Wonderful invention…NOT.

Ken.

r-kid:
my fave trailers are the ones with all the lights working,no chunks,bald, or things sticking out of the tyres no abs faults legs that wind up easy ie not stiff oh and a barrel sitting on top

Thats why it’s great when you can keep ya own all the time! Having your own side lockers is good also, it’s just having to wash the thing! :smiling_imp: :wink:

We pull SDC Curtain siders with Buckle Less Curtains And they are a waste of time. You can get them tight but not for very long and then like 2 sails behind.

renaultman:

Denis F:

no :wink:

keeping the same livestock box on the truck too :wink:

the trailer will stay until I find/can afford a 3 deck box and tri axle trailer :laughing:

Denis F:

renaultman:

Denis F:

no :wink:

Just wondering, :smiley:

my trailer for 99 % of the time is a 1995 York box van 13.6m

it’s far from the newest thing on the road,but so reliable.

the only thing we’ve done to it are the usual routine stuff like brakes,tyres and the odd airbag

she’s often loaded with 20+ tonnes on board.

the floor has never been touched as long as we’ve had it and there is constantly forlifts going in and out of it.
one job we had required steel bales weighing up to 2 tonnes to be loaded with the forklift and never a problem.

the only draw back is the braking performance compared to a new one.the drum brakes are grand but compared to some of our flats with discs and EBS the new one win hands down even with 28 tonnes of concrete floors on them

hope this pic comes out

We’ve got 3 Wilson Double Deckers - the newest is a Decker Aero Deck or whatever they call it. Personally I think they are crap - I spend half my life changing bulbs, calling the fitters to fix the lights, and defecting ABS faults which crop up fairly often. The electrics seem to be second rate, the curtain poles bend as soon as you look at them and since they seem to be off the road with brake or axle problems the quality doesn’t seem to be that good. Since the front slopes down on the new one, why fit full length load straps, and why not do something to stop them sliding to the very front?

I never really noticed much difference in the way a trailer follows, unless they crab & that’s not particular to any make of trailer, just poor maintainence or abuse, but some are much easier to work with.

It all depends on the whether you have the right trailer for the job, but one trailer that, although very versatile, is a complete & utter pain in the bollox & that is a Tilt, I’ve stripped the poxy things out in all sorts of weather & never fancy doing it again, it’s one bit of nostalgia I can do without :cry:

Legs

newmercman:
I never really noticed much difference in the way a trailer follows, unless they crab & that’s not particular to any make of trailer, just poor maintainence or abuse, but some are much easier to work with.

It all depends on the whether you have the right trailer for the job, but one trailer that, although very versatile, is a complete & utter pain in the bollox & that is a Tilt, I’ve stripped the poxy things out in all sorts of weather & never fancy doing it again, it’s one bit of nostalgia I can do without :cry:

That would be my only worry too. We run a selection of Schmitz and Trailors and all are hard worked and swapped regularly between drivers, sometimes 3 times per day.

My biggest moan with the Schmitz is the amount of boards. The Trailors have only 32 while the Schmitz have 48.

It can make a big difference when you have 2 forklift trucks feeding you, especially with double tines.

Schmitz fridges are good to work with - thin side walls so more room to squeeze poorly stacked pallets in. Seem lightweight on the road too.

newmercman:

Perhaps i’m spoilt, i even cringe at the thought of having to use a tautliner nowdays! Stick with me box thankyou.

When it’s not an Andover Trailers rigid plant body behind me (which by the way are probably the best for the job) it’d be a Nooteboom triaxle step frame lowloader trailer.

It’s got a rear steer axle which ensures it follows nicely, unfortunately it has to be locked when reversing which is not so clever. It’s better to reverse when it lifted but it cuts when going forwards.

Nicer than the York 40’ tandem box that I used on my test anyway.

:open_mouth: I’m a bit surprised that Pacton trailers haven’t been mentioned so far…

What do we reckon to Pacton trailers folks ?