What to eat on nights out?

paul b:
currently back to doing 4 nights out a week, just use the normal single ring stove, tinned stuff mainly which has improved no end, the morrisons indian curry’s are spot on, packet rice that cooks in five mins, usually get a fresh french stick on the day, four nights would be two different curries, pasta with a tin of bol sauce and a stew with tinned veg, cereal in the morning for breky and the compulsory packet of digestives for a dunk on the mid shift break.
like most the company dosn’t pay parking and personally i will never under any circumstances pay to park someone elses wagon.

I could have written the same thing! Only paid for parking once, never got re-imbursed, so never again. :confused:

I buy boil in the bag rice from Asda! 8 bag box and tins of chicken tikka masala and chilli con carne others are available!! I use a regular gas single ring stove to heat both and are better than any takeaway!! Plenty of fresh fruit for snacks. Try and get free water and fizzy drinks on my runs into danone and coca cola!!

dessy:
I buy boil in the bag rice from Asda! 8 bag box and tins of chicken tikka masala and chilli con carne others are available!! I use a regular gas single ring stove to heat both and are better than any takeaway!! Plenty of fresh fruit for snacks. Try and get free water and fizzy drinks on my runs into danone and coca cola!!

agree some of the tinned curries you can get now are every bit as good as a takeaway.
just a tip those new to nights out, don’t bother with plates for this n that, i use a large plastic bowl for my dinner, this then doubles up as a washing up bowl, routine is boil kettle make a cupper, boil rice/pasta chuck it in the bowl, put curry/ bol on the gas, dish up, eat it, pore remaining hot water in the bowl, washing up liquid, leave pan, knife, fork, spoon to soak whilst having a ■■■, couple of minutes to do the washing up, job done!

Some great tips in this thread especially switchlogic with his chips need to try that one if i get the chance.

FH16Globetrotter:

Wheel Nut:
As long as you realise night out money is not for parking

Indeed, but on the other hand if the lads want to park in an MSA then the cost is coming out of their own pockets!

I provide the maximum tax-free night allowance along with a good sized cab with fridge, microwave, TV and dvd player in every truck and free use of the company phone to call home as much as they want - if they want any more home comforts then it’s up to them! :smiley:

I would/could put up with that,
One boss I had in ‘Windem’ wouldn’t allow micrwaves or any form of cooking in his trucks, so we starved for three weeks at a time. Not !
Maybe he could afford to have every meal etc in a routiers or similar while driving his brand new unit and trailer for a few weeks every year but us mere serfs were of a different financial standing.