What is it with RDC's etc calling you "drive"

3ducks:
One of the regular places I go to the manager used to address me as driver even though after the tip he would ask and then write my name on the paperwork.

So everytime he said “put it on bay 2 driver” I responded with “certainly office wallah”

Didn’t take him long to start calling me Mr ■■?

Office Wallah “Alright drive?”
Beanie “Alright tea boy?”
OW “What did you say?”
B “All right, tea boy!”
OW “What d’ya call me that for?”
B “Why d’ya call me drive?”
OW “That’s what ya do don’t ya? Drive!”
B “And that’s what you do don’t ya? Make the tea for the office staff! Here’s my mug, put us a brew in there!”

If being called ‘Drive’ winds you up I suggest you don’t go to France, god knows how you’ll react to being called ‘Chef’

Probably sad to say but I think driving is a cool job, and they can call me drive as much as they want!

I do not like being called Oi! 'cause I’m over 10 and I find that police officers don’t like being addressed as ‘young man’ even if they only look about 15! :wink: :sunglasses:

The office girl asked if I was the young man driving the van, and could I possibly reverse it on to bay 1 and 3. I started driving in the early 80’s and was driving a B double fridge set at the time. We often get called “Bro” or Maaaaate " ( pronounced might ) I would prefer drive any day.

Jeff…

I don’t mind what they call me as long they are sociable, I get some funny looks when I call them marra mind you :smiley:

Jelliot:
The office girl asked if I was the young man driving the van

This might be a bit petty, but my wagon being referred to as ‘a van’ always irritates me a bit. :angry:

Dipper_Dave:
This wife does call me “Brad” during moments of heightened pleasure- which I realise is her Brad Pit fantasy kicking in and she assures me doesn’t relate to our postman who is also called Brad. :confused:

:laughing:

rob22888:
This might be a bit petty, but my wagon being referred to as ‘a van’ always irritates me a bit. :angry:

… reminds me of when I asked a coach driver if he could shift his ‘bus’ out the way - “bus” he repeated, & threw a ■■■■ look at me :neutral_face:

Does’nt bother me really what im called by whom in the week cos the insults don’t start till im home really. :unamused: :wink:

Can call me drive any time, if they put sorry in front of drive then that will pee me off.

tango boy:
Does’nt bother me really what im called by whom in the week cos the insults don’t start till im home really. :unamused: :wink:

^^^^^^^^ lol :smiley:.

Dont mind being called “drive” dont get called it too often now doing shop delivery .

Jeff

rob22888:

Jelliot:
The office girl asked if I was the young man driving the van

She got away with calling my truck a van because she called me young man. She wasn’t wearing much more than a bikini either, probably more to do with it.

I was in Queensland at the time, where wearing a bikini is unusual, but I wish the blokes wouldn’t do it.

Jeff…

the one i will always say to a police officer if he calls me drive is. “would you like me to shorten your name cunstable.”

I don’t care as long as the pallet is off my truck and I am able to crack on

Another superb thread on the so called “UK Professional Drivers Forum” :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
Drove for Sainsbury’s for 20 years and the back door lads always called you drive until they eventually got to know you by name.
Don’t see a problem with it at all.
How else would you prefer to be called by someone not knowing your name■■?

syramax:
I don’t mind what they call me as long they are sociable, I get some funny looks when I call them marra mind you :smiley:

Another West ■■■■■■■■ then, we have our ways of finding you Marra :stuck_out_tongue:

Working most of my time in that area I’m desensitized to it.

Jelliot:
The office girl asked if I was the young man driving the van, and could I possibly reverse it on to bay 1 and 3. I started driving in the early 80’s and was driving a B double fridge set at the time. We often get called “Bro” or Maaaaate " ( pronounced might ) I would prefer drive any day.

Jeff…

I’ve seen rigids parked on two bays :wink: