What do you need to carry for Euro Work?

I’d like to get a list of things that need to be carried for European work and other requiments like keeping a 24hour tacho record etc.
We don’t do haulage but carry our own goods round (Motorsport) so I don’t think CMR’s are required.

The reason is for the last year I have been double manning and have been the number 2 truckie, so the other driver has had the responibility for these things, but It is obvious to me that he really hasn’t got a clue. :imp: so I going to make sure I’m covered if anything happens. We mostly drive through France, Italy and Spain, with some trips to Germany, Austria and Hungary and Belguim.

I’ll start the list off by saying you need to carry the ORIGINAL V5, not a photo copy for all those countries. Hi-Viz vests are now a requirement in many countries, Austria and Italy are two that spring to mind. No two countries have the same list of required items but if you make sure you have a warning triangle, first aid kit, torch, fire extinguisher and spare bulbs then you will satisfy the officials in most stops.

If you do not own the truck then you should carry a letter from you boss that shows you are employed by the company, they do like to check this one in France. Something like this on company headed paper would do.

EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATE
CERTIFICAT D’EMPLOI

THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT ………………………………….…………….(Name of driver)
JE SOUSSIGNE(E) ATTESTE QUE ………………………………….……(Nom du conducteur)

ADDRESS …………………………………………………………………………………………
ADRESSE DE DOMICILE

IS A DRIVER EMPLOYED BY ………………………………………………(Company name)
EST CONDUCTEUR(TRICE) EMPLOYE(E) PAR ………………………(Nom de la société)

WHICH IS BASED AT ……………………………………………………….(Operating Base)
BASEE A ………………………………….……………………………………(Base opérationnelle)

IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
AU ROYAUME UNI

COMPANY SIGNATORY ……………………………………………………… (Date)
SIGNATAIRE DE LA SOCIETE ………………………………….…………….( LE)

COMPANY STAMP
SCEAU DE LA SOCIETE

Carrying what you do, you don’t need to worry about CMR’s or a Community Authorisation but you would need them for general haulage.

Thanks Neil
That the type of thing, you also once posted a document which stated that the driver had not driven a truck for over 21 days, to cover for the lack of tachographs. Any chance of posting it again of e-mailing it to me.

Can I just ask a question. I work for a charity which is O Licence exempt. We are going to be making a couple of trips to Holland this year delivering a couple of boats we have built. Do we need Community Authorisations or as we are exempt from O Licencing do we not require them. My supervisor is looking into it but I would like to find out for myself, just to make sure! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Community Authorisations are only for Hire and Reward so you would not need one. You wouldn’t be able to get one anyway as they are issued along side the O Licence.

Here you go Muckles

Thanks Coffeeholic, just wanted to make sure. It will be my first time over.

This question pops up on a regular basis so as I had some spare time on my hands today I have created this post, which is a sticky and will remain near the top of the list.

Hope it is of some help.

Thanks Neil.
It helps a great deal, but I might be asking a few more questions as I now have reponsibility for the truck and want to run it properly.