What an interesting day

in my job as a multi drop van driver(until i get my class 2)i get to go all over the country and today i was up north around the hull area and i saw a whole load of different coloured MAN trucks(rigid) and W+D,honestly there had to be at least upto 20 of them i kept seeing them all day,however the majority of the learner drivers(that i saw) were soldiers(or airmen)they had army looking fatigues on anyway,so just goes to show that at least the armed forces are putting more drivers on the road… :wink: my only thought was though is that i thought that they learnt in army trucks,wonder why they were in “civvy” trucks and who was the training company… :slight_smile:

There have been a few job ads on the job sites for LGV instructors up that way lately but I cannot remember who was advertising

they are military trucks from raf leconfield and the instructors are mod employed,

I think the trucks are owned by Ryder and the instructors are civilian now

All operate out of Leconsfield as said, all army training… Annoying though as they’re 7.5t wagons and for class 1 they have a drag on the back… and the standard of driving is rubbish! god knows how they get the license.

dean0:
they are military trucks from raf leconfield and the instructors are mod employed,

It makes you wonder why they bother with the camouflage :smiley:

i went for a job there for a driving instructor post, but i didn’t get it

It makes you wonder why they bother with the camouflage :smiley:

Don’t you know that no possible harm can come to you when your wearing a high vis!

The army does a lot of pimping out to civvis now and I know for a fact that you don’t have to be that good at reversing because they always have a banksman when they’re going backwards. This banksman is not allowed forward of there shoulder so they never actually look backwards when reversing, hence why the ■■■■ everything when they try to do it themselves

yes but the army dont do reversing its called a tactical retreat :smiley: